Happen for you?...

rebeccalj

Reaction score
I wonder if I am the only one that experience these.

First, I always feel like up in airplane, or high in mountains, even when I'm not. Ears feel 'pressure' 'plugged' and I open my mouth and move jaw around to release the pressure. Of course, it do not help any hearing but it relieves whatever the feeling was. Maybe hearies understand what I mean when traveling high in mountains and you need to chew gum to 'pop' ears?

Second, when stifling? a burp I close my mouth to keep it in mouth but I notice my ears feedback very loudly in my ears. I am *NOT* using hearing aide when this happen. It's like a hearing aide if you are talking on the phone with it in you ear and it feedback. Vibrate. Rumble. I do not know how to describe accurately.

Anyone else know this one?

I remembered when I was young like preteen or becoming a teenager back then, my mother had to drive me up the high hills in Wisconsin almost like a mountain which it is not. I had difficult when my ears were pressure and I had to move my mouth around and swallow like I was chewing gum. I don't care much for gums, but that is only way to stop the pressure.

Anyway, the noises outside stop making noises in my ear after driving over Wisconsin and also returning back to Minnesota. I was completely deaf for a week. It has been going on several trips over Wisconsin to visit the northern Wisconsin staying in the bush and also to visit the convent but it was a very uncomfortable experience having to go over the hills.

I wonder if that was the border between Minnesota and Wisconsin with the hills? You are not the only one. I had been there and done that. It took about one week to get my sounds back again with the hearing aid.

It is the same thing with skin diving when a skin diver had to go underwater deep and he had to stop every now and then to stop the pressure. If he goes fast underwater, then he might be dead. But the hills or mountains are kind of different but it does make the ears pressure painful.

Every time I go to Luray Va or Staunton Va, I get this feeling. Both places are in the Shenandoah valley.

Experienced the first one a lot when I was young especially when I was flying. But recently I flew home, and it hurts like heck all because I was recovering from a cold.

If you always have this problem, it is probably eustacian tube dysfunction. My younger daughter has this, and finds it quite uncomfortable.

Relate on the first one.

I don't stifle my burps...I just burp! lol..so can't relate on the second one.

Back