Hair & nails anyone?

Jane B.

Reaction score
I have "The Talk" on on TV and they got to comparing how they are doing without their hair and makeup artists and how grateful they are for those peoples skills. Any comment about salons being closed anyone?

They're non essential so they should be closed. Nice looking hair and nails is not a health issue.

I am weird but lucky in this case. I think it was in the 1970s that I found a hair style that I like where I wear my hair "up" and have stayed with it. Thus, I cut my own off when it gets long enough to be unwieldy. Of course, I do wash it. I can't remember having a professional manicure and/or pedicure.

Some years back, I had my training in hair cutting and manicure/pedicure. I apply it for my personal use and to my mom's.

I usually give my son haircuts. Since barbers are closed, I have to do my hubby's hair. It's more difficult since he has naturally curly hair. I am researching curly haircuts on youtube videos!

I usually give my son haircuts. Since barbers are closed, I have to do my hubby's hair. It's more difficult since he has naturally curly hair. I am researching curly haircuts on youtube videos!
If you cut it wet, reminder it will bounce back and be shorter. I have natural curly hair and have had many bad hair cuts.

If you cut it wet, reminder it will bounce back and be shorter. I have natural curly hair and have had many bad hair cuts.

Exactly. That's why I am a bit nervous! I do not want to give him a bad haircut. His hair is curly and thick. I am thinking of getting it a bit wet, but not too wet.

Hairdressers and Barbers is essential in Australia but I reckon it is crazy as how can you keep social distance when getting your hair done?

I just trim my own hair.

I would be afraid to cut my own hair . Cut all uneven lol

starting may 4 for calfironia some car washes will open and gardening and few things... I was like ok yep that's for California BUT hair and nail salons I have a feeling they will reopen in july or august.. so gonna wait longer :) cuz governor newson said opening hair and nail salon will be in stage 3.. we are in phase 1 now.. have phases 5 if get to phase 4 then everything will open but not all.. but when get to phase 6 that's when things will be back to normal like that should be interesting tho

Last edited:
Back