Gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.
So exactly how many mass baseball bat murders have happened in the U.S. this year? Just for the sake of argument how many have happened in your lifetime?
so exactly how many people were killed by truck bombing? planes? just for the sake of argument... several thousands have died in my lifetime by these things I've mentioned.

Nothing at the level of the OK bombing.
how convenient of you to pick and choose....

since you want to play that childish game... have you ever seen any mass shootings at the level of the OK bombing? 9/11?

so exactly how many people were killed by truck bombing? planes? just for the sake of argument... several thousands have died in my lifetime by these things I've mentioned.
There has been 377 mass shootings this year in the US as of last Sunday. How many have been killed and how many have been wounded. Also in the U.S. last year over 13,000 were killed at the hands of a gun and that doesn't include suicides.
And once again this thread is about gun control, not anything else.

how convenient of you to pick and choose....

since you want to play that childish game... have you ever seen any mass shootings at the level of the OK bombing? 9/11?
Now both of what you mentioned were terrorist attacks: one domestic and one foreign. Non of these mass shooters have been proven to be part of a terrorist attack. You can argue all you want but until you can come up with something that shows that the U.S. is safer now with more and more guns being sold than your argument is a waste of yours and my time and is nothing more than what you have been presenting so far and that is a straw man argument.

23 pages of arguments and intimidating others by putting words in their mouth. This thread needs to be shut down since we have gone past beating dead horse in this subject.

The reason I keep harping on AR's is that throughout the mass shootings with multiple people being killed or wounded those are the weapons of choice of these killers. If it were up to me I would make them very,very expensive to keep all but a small portion of the population from being able to purchase them. Oh they can be fun to shoot, fun to dress up and cool as shit when you go to the range, but next time you take yours out to the range and are shooting it, think about those people in LV and the Texas church who had their lives ended or permanently changed because someone was shooting them with one.
It could have been any gun, besides a couple stories in the past were false. The shooters used regular rifles although they did have an AR in the trunk outside, they never used it and this happened at a couple different places yet the news threw in the ARs were used but in reality they weren't even touched.... Just to show the news makes shit up. How about the shooters in Cali or LA, whichever it was... They got the guns from a friend who purchased the ARs, it just to show anyone can get a gun with a little $$$$ . So its a losing battle trying to vet it all, if theres a will, theres a way as all criminals say.

So exactly how many mass baseball bat murders have happened in the U.S. this year? Just for the sake of argument how many have happened in your lifetime?
quite a few, but the news doesn't cover that. How about mass beheadings? Its going on every day.....

The reason I keep harping on AR's is that throughout the mass shootings with multiple people being killed or wounded those are the weapons of choice of these killers. If it were up to me I would make them very,very expensive to keep all but a small portion of the population from being able to purchase them. Oh they can be fun to shoot, fun to dress up and cool as shit when you go to the range, but next time you take yours out to the range and are shooting it, think about those people in LV and the Texas church who had their lives ended or permanently changed because someone was shooting them with one.
Does making them expesnsive stop them from getting one in their hands...No. Does making them expensive stop them from killing someone....No. Does making them expensive stop someone from buying one, possibly and then turning to stealing one instead... its never ending.

Now both of what you mentioned were terrorist attacks: one domestic and one foreign. Non of these mass shooters have been proven to be part of a terrorist attack. You can argue all you want but until you can come up with something that shows that the U.S. is safer now with more and more guns being sold than your argument is a waste of yours and my time and is nothing more than what you have been presenting so far and that is a straw man argument.
Wrong, several mass shooters had evidence they took the oath of whatever the hell it is they say.... they have left videos, social media posts and suicide notes claiming to be with IS-SHITS

23 pages of arguments and intimidating others by putting words in their mouth. This thread needs to be shut down since we have gone past beating dead horse in this subject.
Beating it, Hell, more like Dancing all the hell over it....lol

Reasons Why Americans Fail Federal Gun Background Checks

"8. Adjudicated Mental Health: 27,992
Disqualifying mental health records form the second largest body of records held by NICS. Simply receiving a diagnosis of a severe mental illness like schizophrenia is not enough to put an individual in this category — a judge must legally declare a person mentally unfit to own a gun or involuntarily commit him or her to a mental institution.

Though NICS does have access to a large number of disqualifying mental health records, an unknown number still aren’t reported. In the case of John Houser, the gunman who opened fire in a Lafayette, Louisiana, movie theater, a judge considered his severe mental health problems in 2008, but doctors did not recommend that Houser be involuntarily committed, and even if they had, Georgia law would have required the purging of any records of that commitment by 2013, before he purchased his gun."

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/07/gun-background-checks-nics-failure/

It could have been any gun, besides a couple stories in the past were false. The shooters used regular rifles although they did have an AR in the trunk outside, they never used it and this happened at a couple different places yet the news threw in the ARs were used but in reality they weren't even touched.... Just to show the news makes shit up. How about the shooters in Cali or LA, whichever it was... They got the guns from a friend who purchased the ARs, it just to show anyone can get a gun with a little $$$$ . So its a losing battle trying to vet it all, if theres a will, theres a way as all criminals say.
Which mass shootings were those?

quite a few, but the news doesn't cover that. How about mass beheadings? Its going on every day.....
Quite a few mass baseball bat murders, really, can you provide evidence of these attacks? I would think that if some nut were going around killing multiple people with a baseball bat it would be one of the lead stories on the six O clock news! Mass beheadings In the U.S.? Again if that were happening it would be the lead story on every news cast in every city in the United States! Not that I don't believe you, but I don't believe you, please provide proof!

Yes, but we are talking about a deadly weapon and if we want to keep them out of people who are mentally not there, some sacrifice is going to be needed.
First of all, you're making a false assumption that by banning semi-automatic rifles the killings would be curtailed. There is no evidence for that.

So you are okay with innocent people being killed by crazy people with guns since you want nothing put in place that will infringe on you buying and using any gun you want.
There you go again with slanderous misrepresentation.

As of last Sunday there has been 377 mass shootings in the U.S. something clearly has to be done to drastically reduce it. So exactly how would you go about reducing the carnage if you're not okay with the mass shootings?
You still haven't provided any statistics that show certain guns are the reason for shooting deaths' numbers.

For starters, enforce the laws that are currently in effect, and make the reports to the data bases.

As for changing murderous hearts, our society is going the wrong direction, and gun laws won't change that.

Does making them expesnsive stop them from getting one in their hands...No. Does making them expensive stop them from killing someone....No. Does making them expensive stop someone from buying one, possibly and then turning to stealing one instead... its never ending.
I'm not talking about making them expensive, I'm talking about making them EXPENSIVE! Right now with the price of them they have basically become the American weapon of choice to the detriment of the people of the United States.

How the AR-15 Became Mass Shooters' Weapon of Choice - Rolling ...
www.rollingstone.com/.../how-the-ar-15-became-mass-shooters-weapon-of-choice-w..

Hubby was asked for one of those questions.
Probably because of all the foreign connections. We didn't have any relatives in other countries. My dad had already been checked out for clearances many times over the years since WWII due to his work as an electrical engineer with Lockheed, NASA, NARF, NAVAIRSYSCOM, and other agencies.

The reason I keep harping on AR's is that throughout the mass shootings with multiple people being killed or wounded those are the weapons of choice of these killers....
Where are the numbers that prove they are "the weapons of choice" for mass killers? From anything I could find, they were far from the weapons of choice.

How many of the "377" used the so-called weapon of choice?

https://www.massshootingtracker.org/data

Last edited:
Out of 49 mass killings, only 7 used what could be called "assault-style" rifles, such as AR-15.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0057.htm
Yes and there have been a lot more mass shootings since January 2013. Since Sandy Hook there has been one mass shooting somewhere in the United States everyday! They no longer make the news because the body count is not high enough in many of them.

Where are the numbers that prove they are "the weapons of choice"? From anything I could find, they were far from the weapons of choice.
Look at post #456

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back