Gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accidental Post. How do I delete this?

Last edited:
To address your first point: I would support a ban on bump stocks (and drum magazines for assault weapons, for that matter) IF a bill were introduced that would accomplish that and ONLY that. Most gun owners would likely have no problem with it. The problem is that banning bump stocks would be bundled with other gun control measures I vehemently oppose. Also, the language of the bill would almost certainly be (deliberately) vague and subject to interpretation. Liberal Democrats aren't interested in such targeted legislation because they're too focused on criminalizing gun ownership in general. I just wish you all would be honest and say that you really don't think ordinary people should own any kind of gun.

Point number 2: Gun control legislation disarms only law abiding citizens. If liberals ran the United States unopposed, they would relentlessly prosecute gun violations and unauthorized speech, all the while allowing street criminals to operate with impunity, creating the kind of conditions that now exist in Brazil and Central America. This process has already begun.

In answer to point #1, I've already said what my position is and it hasn't changed.

Point #2, How many law abiding citizens have some or all their guns stolen and where do you think those guns end up? I know one person who's house was burglarized and all he would own up to was over 30 were stolen and a neighbor of my parents house was also burglarized and more than 10 guns were stolen. Also how many guns are sold in the U.S. each year? With only a little over 30% owning guns and that number hasn't really gone up much over the years, that means one thing a lot of that 30% is buying a lot of guns. And the gun lobby thank's you! I know your a law abiding citizen, but all the guns on the street are coming from somewhere, so a lot of law abiding citizens must be part of the problem.

Are you kidding me? In the Revolutionary War, did any of those weapons exist? Of course not. In those days, wouldn't you agree that the citizens be given the right to protect/fight against outside forces?
Bring those founding fathers to today. They would weep. A whole crowd of people were unarmed and helpless while being attacked from the "outside."
What happened to their vision of the citizens being armed?
Hello, my point exactly, if they could know what we have now, they most likely would of put some restrictions on it.

There you go again! Who exactly is talking about taking ALL YOUR GUNS AWAY? Nobody!
So, which guns does anyone want to take away (and by whom)? Would my family's AR-15 with high capacity magazines and drum be included?

It's obvious that the NRA has put us in this predicament with their refusal to allow the Congress to enact legislation that would get us comprehensive background checks and also eliminate high capacity magazines that allow this type of carnage to happen with the wacko's being able to buy these semi automatics and using bump stocks to pretty much make them machine guns and then go into schools, places of business, hotels in Las Vegas and kill a lot of people in a very short time
No, NRA didn't create "this predicament." To many Second Amendment supporters, the NRA is considered weak and compromising.

The mass shootings are done by people who didn't even obey the current laws. What makes you believe they would all of a sudden obey new gun laws?

and just in case you forgot: in LV the shooter was able to kill or wound almost 600 people in less than 12 MINUTES!
How many gun owners have bump stocks? Of those, how many have used them in mass shootings? One. In Las Vegas. (See, I didn't forget.)

I’m all for gun rights but I don’t like NRA nor GOA because they are partisan and care about political issues, other than gun rights.
I'm not a member but I like some of the things NRA does. Their magazine is interesting. We don't donate to their lobbying requests. We don't use their gun insurance either. We prefer USCCA insurance.

Hello, my point exactly, if they could know what we have now, they most likely would of put some restrictions on it.
Governments that want to keep their boots on the necks of the people do that. I hope that doesn't include America.

The difference between an AR-15 and an assault rifle:

(does have closed captions)

In answer to point #1, I've already said what my position is and it hasn't changed.

Point #2, How many law abiding citizens have some or all their guns stolen and where do you think those guns end up? I know one person who's house was burglarized and all he would own up to was over 30 were stolen and a neighbor of my parents house was also burglarized and more than 10 guns were stolen. Also how many guns are sold in the U.S. each year? With only a little over 30% owning guns and that number hasn't really gone up much over the years, that means one thing a lot of that 30% is buying a lot of guns. And the gun lobby thank's you! I know your a law abiding citizen, but all the guns on the street are coming from somewhere, so a lot of law abiding citizens must be part of the problem.

And they would continue coming from "somewhere" after the authorities confiscated all of my guns. Nobody produces crystal meth in a licensed facility, but there's a hell of a lot of it floating around. Guns aren't that difficult to manuracture; we're not talking about ICBMs here.

Not one promised benefit of gun control would materialize. It might prevent a few mass shootings, but those produce a minuscule fraction of gun deaths. Suicides would simply be carried out using other means. Meanwhile, the American people would be vastly more vulnerable in their own homes because street criminals would be emboldened by the knowledge that residents are no longer armed. Crime related fatalities and injuries would rise, not fall. And as all this happened, the justice system would abdicate its responsibility to imprison violent criminals. Liberals, for some unknown reason, care more for criminals than crime victims, as I stated earlier.

And to add insult to injury, a ban on non-lethal self-defense devices would soon follow. Wouldn't want left-wing vigilantes wearing bandanas on their faces to get pepper sprayed or tasered, would we? I'm sure there would also be legislation banning the use of knives and blunt objects for self-defense, too.

In short, I trust gun grabbers and their motives as far as I can thrown them.

Problem here is your thinking with a 21 century mind and the framers where thinking with a 18th century one!

So what you're are actually saying is your in the militia? When do you people get together and practice being in the militia? George Washington couldn't count on you guys and said so. It wasn't until he figured out the only way you guys were of any use was in gorilla warfare. Unfortunately, today that is exactly how people who own weapons of war (AR type weapons) are using them but they are going after innocent victims and killing them!
the problem is your complacency and debbie downer. George Washington was counting on citizens to be self-reliant, self-independent. together as a community of self-reliant, self-independent... they will not be controlled nor conquered. you, sir, have failed him.

Actually, I see what you get when you put people with guns in the presence of people who throw rocks and bottles at them.

Edit: Let me assure anyone reading this that I am well aware that the Kent State shooting was a tragedy. I was pointing out that bad things happen when tempers flare in tense situations. I was definitely not trying to insinuate that anyone who was killed "had it coming" for throwing things at the National Guard.
so when tempers flare in tense situation... government cannot be trusted. that's why we citizens are armed to keep them in check.

This was the Ohio national guard, which is basically that states militia. You see what you get when you put guns into the hands of people who aren't trained to use them responsibly, and it only worse when you put the guns of war in the hands of every Tom, Dick, Harry and Jane who shouldn't be allowed to purchase them because they have "bats in the belfry" and then you get a shooting like happened in Las Vegas. Las Vegas is the NRA's worst nightmare because it's going to be there version of Kent State!
we already have the version of Kent State. what do you think why President GWB signed Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006? and there were report of some citizens being killed/shot by government gangsters. The Danziger Bridge shooting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disaster_Recovery_Personal_Protection_Act_of_2006
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danziger_Bridge_shootings

so when tempers flare in tense situation... government cannot be trusted. that's why we citizens are armed to keep them in check.

In my opinion, the bigger threat would be establishment-orchestrated political violence. Some vigilantes come to your house, burn it down with you in it, and then escape punishment as the police throw their hands up and claim they can't find the perps.

You can have the handguns, shotguns and a regular rifles, nobody will take them away.

An AR is a regular rifle. Who are you to dictate what some one can and cannot own?

And where exactly were all the gun fanatics when Stephen Paddock opened up on all the people in Las Vegas

We are not anyones babysitter. We look out for ourselves. Do you think he would have opened fire on a group of 20,000 carrying ARs?

An AR is a regular rifle. Who are you to dictate what some one can and cannot own?

"You can have the handguns, shotguns and a regular rifles, nobody will take them away."

LOL. I wonder what the residents of New York City (or state, for that matter) would think of that gem.

I’m all for gun rights but I don’t like NRA nor GOA because they are partisan and care about political issues, other than gun rights.

Gun rights is a political issue. Without the NRA, GOA and others, the gov would errode the 2A in a flash.

I have no problem with people who are sane owning firearms. I do have a problem with people owning a weapon that is basically a civilian copy of the M-16(AR-15, this is how Armalite promoted it when it originally came out) and having access to bump stocks, high capacity magazines. You and the NRA has already been responsible for men/ women and children being needlessly killed or wounded by people who should never of been able to buy a firearm in the first place and then going out and mass murdering innocent people. It's time for common sense to take over and put some restrictions on these killers weapons of choice and take their firepower away.

basically.... all law-abiding citizens are criminals.

They might of thought differently if they had weapons such as: machine guns or semi automatic rifles with bump stocks that could shoot almost 600 people in less than 12 minutes! Guns were meant for survival, whether it was for food or protection, you didn't have to worry about someone with a machine gun or semi automatic weapon going into a movie theater, school house, night club or concert looking to kill as many innocent civilians as they could. Time's were different then and they are much different today.

that's your interpretation. the founding fathers had a completely different interpretation.

I have no problem with people who are sane owning firearms. I do have a problem with people owning a weapon that is basically a civilian copy of the M-16(AR-15, this is how Armalite promoted it when it originally came out) and having access to bump stocks, high capacity magazines. You and the NRA has already been responsible for men/ women and children being needlessly killed or wounded by people who should never of been able to buy a firearm in the first place and then going out and mass murdering innocent people. It's time for common sense to take over and put some restrictions on these killers weapons of choice and take their firepower away.

I keep hearing this "common sense" stuff. Come out and tell us what you think the gun laws should be. Get specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back