Grrrrrrrrrr

We have kids... meaning you never see them, like they dont exist, they just melt into the walls when they are home....
There has been plenty in the news who have died from the 24/7 gaming... some died after a couple hours not taking meds, eating...ect... just wow, its that important to lose your life over?

24/7 is severe addiction warranting a therapy. it's rare.
most kids knows how to balance a bit of games, TV with social life and studies no plm.

Don't worry, the world wont' end if you dare to play a bit of games.
Try it just to see what's the hullabaloo about.

You may find out you aren't interested anyway.
But if you happen to like it , know it's a matter like with everything else- in moderation everything is okay.

Fuzzy

play video games 24/7, wont help do anything, will probly die during a power outage and if you dont force them to go to the bathroom or eat they will die of septic shock or starvation. We have kids?
Know what? Nerds play games 24/7, then one day they become scientists, Google CEOs, owners of online game website, designer of game software, computer technicians, hackers needed by NSA/FBI, etc. Can you believe that?

Know what? Nerds play games 24/7, then one day they become scientists, Google CEOs, owners of online game website, designer of game software, computer technicians, hackers needed by NSA/FBI, etc. Can you believe that?
Yep, read about it all the time, those are die hards...
but its in the news and pretty recent too several kids died because they didnt take their meds or eat/drink for days...
and the parents did know? wow, just wow parents.

my mom got mad at me for not joining the navy like my 2 brothers did. oldest sister had twin boys and other sister in college. i know they can't accept me cuz i am hearing impaired. mom kept telling me u aren't hearing impaired, it's just that u hear less. huh? what heck different. i, too, want to struggle her. it's her fault that causing my heaing loss.

my mom got mad at me for not joining the navy like my 2 brothers did. oldest sister had twin boys and other sister in college. i know they can't accept me cuz i am hearing impaired. mom kept telling me u aren't hearing impaired, it's just that u hear less. huh? what heck different. i, too, want to struggle her. it's her fault that causing my heaing loss.

One of these days, your mother will lose her hearing later in life. She will be able to understand what hearing loss or deafness will be like.

My mother started losing her hearing at the late 50 years old. She refused to wear hearing aid which my sister beg her to wear one. That mean she understood why I don't want to wear hearing aid when I was a kid. I was forced to wear hearing aid. So she had to lived with that. Hearing people don't understand disabilities.

Just to let you know that I don't like to use the word "hearing impaired". You can choose to call yourself "Hard Of Hearing" (HOH) or "deaf" if you are oral and "Deaf" if you use ASL (American Sign Language).

Why is it ur Mom's fault?

For bill payments and such, what I do is I bookmark the bill paying websites, and when the time comes, I can easily find them. I also pay my bills on-line, along with having e-mail and text reminders that they're due. Makes things a lot easier. Sono, might it be possible for you to do that? Like on my phone, my bookmarks for bill payment are automatically saved on Google Chrome, so if I'm on the move, I can pay it quickly.

Something I forgot to mention earlier-- Google Chrome also has an auto-fill feature, which allows you to save all your passwords and stuff, so if you are in a hurry, and don't have time to fill out the boxes, it will do it for you automatically. I like this feature a LOT, as it's come in handy more than once.

You could had told your mom that she is not stupid , that she just think less. LOL!

Something I forgot to mention earlier-- Google Chrome also has an auto-fill feature, which allows you to save all your passwords and stuff, so if you are in a hurry, and don't have time to fill out the boxes, it will do it for you automatically. I like this feature a LOT, as it's come in handy more than once.

And what happens if someone steals your devices? I would never, ever, ever set passwords to be filled automatically.

And what happens if someone steals your devices? I would never, ever, ever set passwords to be filled automatically.

That's true. I have never had that problem-- yet. I always make sure it's close by, and I usually leave it in a secure place when I'm not nearby. That, and they're password protected. Also, because my phone is unbreakable without professional help, I have to use my laptop devices for the time being.

yeah thats true.

as long as they are not neglected by parents or any supervisors when they play video games with structure of hours.

I can't. It would be more accurate to say those people made games in college. Game addicts lose jobs and family, just like any other addict.

Take a look at threads on World of Warcraft.

This has been on my mind the entire day, so what did I do? Disabled Auto-Fill Passwords and stuff, and cleared the entire list. Now there's nothing there. Thanks to you, I realized that having auto-fill might not such be a good thing.

its fine for forums, but not for banking and the likes.... basically just hand them your life line if you did that

its fine for forums, but not for banking and the likes.... basically just hand them your life line if you did that

My bank doesn't allow the password to be shown on the opening page, so that I'm not worried about. The reason is because I get bills, and sometimes I'm in a hurry, and having cable access quickly is what I needed, but Alleycat and now you say it's not a good idea, and I think I see why. That's why I cleared the list and disabled it. Now it won't save the information anymore.

No, I don't need anyone's help. I am independent and have everything I need to take care of my problems. (Honestly, I am a little pissed off when hearing people don't use 711 to contact me)

I mean come on, it's almost 2015 and you are behind? Didn't you check out "Deaf Products & Technologies"?

Hearing people can not use 711 to call relay. They have to use the full phone number (1-800-xxx-xxxx) to call the relay service. Only d/Deafies use 711, not hearies.

I still have my trusty TDD (TTY) which I have it for over 20 years. I have not use the Video phone for Relay service, yet. Someday I will learn how to use it when I need relay service if my TDD break down in the future. :cool2:

I am actually thinking about getting a compact tty - one that is compatible with cell phones. There was/is one on EBay for 32.00. I do have a CompactTTY but no idea if it is compatible (I don't think it is- got it sometime in the 1990s- at least before 1997)

Hearing people can not use 711 to call relay. They have to use the full phone number (1-800-xxx-xxxx) to call the relay service. Only d/Deafies use 711, not hearies.

I still have my trusty TDD (TTY) which I have it for over 20 years. I have not use the Video phone for Relay service, yet. Someday I will learn how to use it when I need relay service if my TDD break down in the future. :cool2:

What I have added the bold to in the quoted post is completely wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is the correct information from the FCC web site which is at http://www.fcc.gov/guides/711-telecommunications-relay-service

"The 711 code is not just for use by persons with disabilities. Both voice and TRS users can initiate a call from any telephone, anywhere in the United States, without having to remember and dial a seven or ten-digit access number. For persons who have been using TRS for years, the convenience of dialing three digits is obvious.

711 dialing access does not work for Video Relay Service (VRS), Internet Protocol (IP) relay or IPCTS Relay calls, because such calls are initiated through the Internet. Hearing persons initiating a VRS or IP Relay call may do so by calling a provider’s 800 number. IPCTS users just call their party directly, and a Communications Assistant (CA) is automatically connected to the call."

I have added bold in the first paragraph. There is also a good deal of additional information about Relay at that site.

I am actually thinking about getting a compact tty - one that is compatible with cell phones. There was/is one on EBay for 32.00. I do have a CompactTTY but no idea if it is compatible (I don't think it is- got it sometime in the 1990s- at least before 1997)

What I found out when I went looking for one a while back is that Ultratec ran into parts supply problems and are no longer making them. I did find one in excellent condition and am happy I did. In my case the connection of it to a cell phone is a backup to when I don't have a good enough signal to use a captioning service that needs simultaneous voice & data. I feel it could also come in handy if I want to make a call from a friends or a businesses landline.

When looking for a used one or checking the one you have on hand you need the Compact/C with manufacture date of May 2002 or later to be sure it is compatible with digital cell phones. Some of the earlier ones could be modified but I am not sure if they are still doing that. You will need an adapter for the cord as cell phones now use 3.5 rather than 2.5.

http://www.ultratec.com/support/ttycell2.php

There may still be some Krown PocketComm units on the used market. They also have been discontinued. They are smaller and use a thumb keyboard. They do have a built in mic so you don't have to pull the cord to use VCO. I really liked mine — when it worked — but they are very delicate and it felt like I was forever sending mine in for repairs to the point that I got a second unit as a backup. Their earlier PVCO (only usable with VCO) did so well that this was extra disappointing. I don't know if the PocketComm was designed by a MAN who clipped it to his belt and forgot about the additional bumps that they would get in a woman's purse and thus went with lighter weight parts or what. I would suggest NOT getting one of these!

Back