Greetings from Australia!

MattyinAus

Reaction score
Gidday everyone!

I'm Matty, from Townsville of northern Australia. I am hearing impaired (wears hearing aids), and have mild symptoms of AS disorder. I am professional at sign language. I grew up in primary school with everyone does sign language. We do it British over here mostly.

So, now I'm graduate student at James Cook University in Townsville, Queensland. I am studying Bachelor of Science, majoring in Environmental Sciences. I am also doing internship with the university's sustainability program. Hence why I love the environment so much. I will finish my degree this November (can't wait!).

However, in my own spare time. I usually go do some photography, explore the nature with the environment, travelling, play sports, going to gym and do some men's job! I have been professionally played ten pin bowling as a sport before this year, however the uni course has brought me to stay on campus :(

So, if any one would like to pop in say hello and want to know more about myself. Don't be shy come in here :)

If anyone want to explore my YouTube channel, here it is:
SuperFireitup - YouTube
Also my blog:
The adventures of AussieMatt

Cheers!

Thanks guys!

Actually you know that Townsville is in North Queensland?!!! Darwin is in NT.

Well its so beautiful up here, lovely warm sunny and monsoonal skies. Very isolated city from the urbanisation. Great country and city lifestyle combined. Plenty kangaroos around! Everyday!

Dont mind me i didnt read it properly, Im in Brisbane so im wondering are your summers much worse?

I born in Brisbane! Qlder all the way! :)

Yea wet season is crazy hot and humid! Rains way too much and lovely stormies, not the storms like seqld and ne nsw get you know.

Thanks again. Glad to find online deaf/hearing impaired forums. I am also a member of Wrong Planet is where for aspies catered for :)

Back