Grandmother Shoots Intruder took the law into her own hands

S

steve61

66 year old Grandmother is the first person to Shoot Intruder under the new make my day laws.Texas,Georgia and florida are the only 3 states you can take the law into you own hands and shoot anyone without question if they go on your property.You see if this grandmother did this in maryland the police would had arrested her with attemped murder and illegal posseson with a firearm.Under the new make my day law the powers have been taken away from police officers and the citenzen makes the calls.And the police in texas cant do a god damn thing about it. The grandmother called 911 and where were the police while the intruder was in her house? Where were they?? Ill tell you where were the cops while the intruder was in her house? They were hiding behind a billboard trying to trap a speeder thats what they were doing instead of protecting her. My grandfather was right when he said "" The Police dont really protect you"" Just like Bernard Goetz who shot 3 black guys in a NYC subway cause they were trying to rob him.The message is clear to the cops! If youre not going to do your jobs were do it for you.And thats what the new make my day laws just did,,Take the powers away from the police.

Pistol-Packing Grandmother Shoots Intruder

steve61 said:
The grandmother called 911 and where were the police while the intruder was in her house? Where were they?? Ill tell you where were the cops while the intruder was in her house? They were hiding behind a billboard trying to trap a speeder thats what they were doing instead of protecting her.

Look, man, while the rest of your points are valid and good, the above statements are TOTALLY incorrect!

The article you linked to states:

"Police began canvassing the neighborhood near the 1700 block of Northhaven Court on foot as well as by air."

Come on. They were doing something. There was a manhunt out for the guy. They were DOING THEIR JOB TO PROTECT AND SERVE.

Again, the rest of your points are valid, and I agree that every state should allow private persons to be trained and licensed to carry and wield firearms for their protection

:eek2: Wow! Grandma is BRAVE!! She did the right thing. Wow, I applause for her...

I can't blame this lady...she had a granddaughter to protect. It also seems clear that she was shooting to incapacitate, not to kill--there's a huge difference between aiming for the leg as she did (and I would imagine the second shot--don't criticize, there could've been less than a second between shots--was aimed in the same direction), and for the head.

While it would be nice if police could be everything to everybody, there's only so much that a limited number of people can do.

My hats goes off to that Grandmother. Sure, The police does protect and serve but sometime you got to defend yourself when the police aren't there to help you out. It's not like the police would be appearing after you wave a magic wand, get real. The police has a job which is to protect and serve but at the same time, give them a break.

IcedTeaRulz said:
Steve61 aka Ravensteve? :confused:

It was fishy about him- so thank god they banned him..

anyways back on topic... Senior citizens can do anything today because of better technologies..

racheleggert said:
It was fishy about him- so thank god they banned him..

anyways back on topic... Senior citizens can do anything today because of better technologies..

I just read the first post, and he sounded just like RS and realized it is him....I am glad they banned him this time too.

I am glad this Grandma showed em! :D Yes, Seniors can do a lot of things today than they did years ago because products with advanced technology are improving everyday. :)

I saw the "granny" on TV, and she didn't look very "granny"--she looked pretty good, and very lively.

She used a regular gun; it wasn't new technology.

I'm a granny too, and I use regular guns. In fact, I was shooting clay pigeons in the woods today with my shotgun, with other moms, daughter and grannies. :)

I'm surprised that some of you think it's okay to shot when the "Intruder" are on the owner's property. It's scary! What if they are come from Insurance or Agency companies who come to visit unexpectly... *goose pumps*

I'm one who disagree to this. Why? Let me explain bit what I know from my friend.

My German friend went to America for 3 month tour with his 6 mates around 1983. (I remember that year where I met my hubby as same time as his friend went off to America and made his story about this at one year later after his vacation in America). I got goose pumps when he told us the story. He paid his surprise visit to see his cousin in Texas with few of his 6 mates. They were almost shoot twice as they were about go his cousin's property by her cousin's husband. Her cousin stopped her husband as she spot him & know who he is. It shock my friend... His cousin comforted him and told him to inform her in his next visit instead of "unexpect visit" because Texans don't like to have strangers around. They are very parnoid about "strangers" around their properties. *goose pump*

There're also people like people who check electric meters and United Parcel Service people who deliver packages. The electric meter people drop in without asking and what if someone in your family doesn't know you ordered a package? If they get shot when they're doing their jobs, you'd look very bad. :nono: I'd cut off electricity and stop delivering packages to anybody who does that.
What if something happens in your neighborhood and the cops decide to go to your house to ask you questions about if you saw anything? If you shot them, they'd be :pissed: and shoot you. What about trick and treaters? This stuff could give people an excuse to kill kids. :(
I thought that lots of people in Texas would believe in "Thou shall not kill." :confused:

It sicken me to know people praise her for shooting him. I could not pull that trigger if I was her intend to kill him. Not in my blood.

We got the information from police during parent evening how to protect ourselves.

We call on police straight way if we see "intruder" we are not sure about are on our properties. It´s police job to do deal with "intruder". I alway deal with people via fax or email to make an appointment when will they come over our house or we go their companies...

I see no logical to shot them because they are on my property... They done nothing to hurt us but just on property... It would be different if they tried to hurt me... but just on property.. Oh dear... It´s scare image what if they shot me when I am try to go their property to ask for direction or what... *goose pump*

I really dont understand some of you praise Granny... :eek:

jazzy said:
It sicken me to know people praise her for shooting him. I could not pull that trigger if I was her intend to kill him. Not in my blood.

Do you truly know what you would do if you had a family member with you, who could be hurt, and you had a weapon?

I don't think you can truthfully answer that you would not, under those circumstances. I don't think any of us could say that, and I know better than to say I would not, because I probably would. In defense of family, I think most people would pull the trigger.

But notice that she aimed for his legs. She was NOT shooting to kill--simply to make him stop coming at them.

Liebling--This person was not simply on the lady's property running around in her yard or something; he was stealing things from her house. How could she know that he wasn't going to hurt them when they found him? Do you think that in that sort of situation, a person should simply accept their death, and that of a family member, with no resistance? If so, you are saying that criminals have MORE rights than property owners.

RedFox--I don't think the mail person, or the people checking the meter, would be doing that in the dead of the night. Big difference.

Liebling:-))) said:
I'm surprised that some of you think it's okay to shot when the "Intruder" are on the owner's property. It's scary! What if they are come from Insurance or Agency companies who come to visit unexpectly... *goose pumps*
My insurance agent doesn't break down a door at night, and then hide in a closet in my house.

...His cousin comforted him and told him to inform her in his next visit instead of "unexpect visit" because Texans don't like to have strangers around. They are very parnoid about "strangers" around their properties. *goose pump*
One reason they don't like strangers just popping up is because so many illegal aliens cross over from the Mexican border, and attack ranchers and their property. The Texas families' lives are in danger, so they must protect themselves.

jazzy said:
You would let him kill your granddaughter? :shock:

Back