Graduate school with VR support?

shao

Reaction score
I am planning to enroll into a graduate program and decided to seek a support from Vocational Rehabilitation (VR). From what I understand, VR usually support you for four years (equals Bachelor's degrees) , might not support you after four years. Therefore they won't support you when you go for graduate program.

But I never get VR support for my five-year college. I already graduated with a Bachelor's degree. The graduate program takes two years. If I open a case with VR, would I get a support?

Anyone experience that?

I am planning to enroll into a graduate program and decided to seek a support from Vocational Rehabilitation (VR). From what I understand, VR usually support you for four years (equals Bachelor's degrees) , might not support you after four years. Therefore they won't support you when you go for graduate program.

But I never get VR support for my five-year college. I already graduated with a Bachelor's degree. The graduate program takes two years. If I open a case with VR, would I get a support?

Anyone experience that?

A good question! :hmm:

I am not so sure as if VR will support that but never hurt to ask your local VR counselor and find out. Good luck!

Anyone experience that?

It will be decided on a case by case basis. You are correct that VR normally doesn't give educational support past the Bachelor level, but since you have never received VR services prior, they may be able to help you in some way. Even if they can't assist you with tuition, they may be able to assist with transportation, books and supplies, etc.

You might also want to check into post-graduate scholarships for deaf/hoh students.

I believe that for VR to consider you to help you for your Master's Degree, you might need to have a good reason for it. For example, if you're having a tough time finding employment because you need better skills, then they might consider helping you out. Maybe fully or maybe part of the .cost

I think that with a Bachelor's Degree, they consider you capable enough to afford your education. I think you should find out, you never know.

I recieved VR support for graduate school cuz I would have sued them if they didnt. The reason for that cuz my VR counselor referred me to the wrong undergrade program for the career I was seeking and when I discovered that I couldnt get the job that I got my degree for due to getting the wrong degree, I told them they they better pay for my grad school since in order for me to work in the field I wanted, I had to get my Master's. Had to go thru dept heads and appeals but I got approval.

I recieved VR support for graduate school cuz I would have sued them if they didnt. The reason for that cuz my VR counselor referred me to the wrong undergrade program for the career I was seeking and when I discovered that I couldnt get the job that I got my degree for due to getting the wrong degree, I told them they they better pay for my grad school since in order for me to work in the field I wanted, I had to get my Master's. Had to go thru dept heads and appeals but I got approval.

since i don't want a job primarily working as a counselor or therapist (i want to do much more than that), i plan to find a way to make vr pay for my master's degree in social work. of course, if there's a way to get around filing a lawsuit, that's what i'm going to do first, but if legal action is necessary, i won't hesitate to do so. then again, next year i'll be in arizona, so perhaps i won't have any difficulty getting vr to pay for grad school. we'll see.

Back