Got my new Hearing Aids =)

omfg ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wear mine under my clothes, but only had it a few weeks. It hurts my neck after awhile as I have some neck issues so I tuck it into my bra strap.

One thought, it doesn't have any radiation coming out of it like the cellphones?

Need to check that one out.

The problem with the TV is down to your TV not the ComPilot. A lot of newer TV's don't allow the red and white connectors. I had to get an adaptor to allow it to work.

""Digital to Analogue Audio Converter

Some of the more recent televisions you see in the shops have a more limited range of audio outputs. We have seen some televisions recently with only 3.5mm, HDMI and Toslink audio outputs.

On a lot of televisions if you try to extract an audio output via the 3.5mm audio output to your TV streaming device this will mute the audio output from the television's speakers. (Others in the room will not be able to hear the TV!)

Sometimes altering the settings in the menu system of your television can override this, but not always.

If you are using a TV streaming device with such a setup this leaves you with a dilemna, you have audio output from your TV either by HDMI or Toslink and your TV streaming device may not accept either method.

The Digital to Analogue Audio Converter bridges the gap, it can accept a Toslink (or digital coax) audio input from your TV and output to female phono (red and white RCA) audio sockets.

From there you can connect to your TV streaming device via the cables provided with it.""

Only downside to the audio shoes / boots is they don't come in all colours. You can get tho, the silver audio shoe battery draws from your Audi and then just use the black audio shoes / boots. This is what I've done as I had black audio shoes. I've then kept the back battery draws as spares in case anything happens.
EDIT: The battery draws do wear away eventually which is why I like to keep the black ones as spares. I paid £2 each for my clear battery draws from my Audi which is roughly $3 to $4 each which isn't much.

We have a higher end Sony Bravia TV (around 5 years old) and it has 2 sets of Sounds out plugs so that has been a saviour. I think I heard of a name called SCART which is supposed to give you the extra plugs from one initial set.

The only other way is through your Sky Box or your Cable TV boxes. We did this with one of my mother's TV's in New Zealand.

I wear mine under my clothes, but only had it a few weeks. It hurts my neck after awhile as I have some neck issues so I tuck it into my bra strap.

One thought, it doesn't have any radiation coming out of it like the cellphones?

Need to check that one out.

It does. That's how data transfer occurs, through a coded electromagnetic field.

It is really low level.

It does. That's how data transfer occurs, through a coded electromagnetic field.

It is really low level.

Oh, that doesn't give me confidence if I am wearing it all day for phone and TV. Think it is just as good to use my old Unitron Loop system that you sit over and not wear for TV.

So today I went in to my Audiologist to get my new hearing aids.

We talked about the Naida S III UPs for a while and she surprised me today. She was able to get Naida Q50 UPs.

Got them in a lovely silver color.

NpK1FM2.jpg

There was so many setting for these new hearing aids, took an hour to get everything set. While I was there I took the chance to test everything to make sure it all works.

I had T-Coil setup, so I can hear on the phone. When I went to test it, I couldn't hear a dial tone. So we had to reconnect the hearing aid and fix it so I can hear on the phone.

I ordered the ComPilot to test it out. I have to let it charge overnight before I try it out. Gonna see if the clarity is there for me. If not I'll be able to send it back and get my money back. Not sure how I feel about the box on my chest, reminds me of the dreaded adapters I had to wear in school so I can hear my teachers better.

Gonna take the next few weeks to see how they work and if they might need adjustment or tweaking. So far they are working extremely well.

My audiologist charged my Compilot up because she wanted us to trial it before she sent me home with it.

My audiologist charged my Compilot up because she wanted us to trial it before she sent me home with it.
My audiologist wanted to do this, but she works in 2 locations within the same company. The one location she works 3 days a week and this location I go to she works 1 day a week. Nobody else in the place thought to charge it, and she apologized for not charging it.

It was no biggie, I got majority of it to work. And I'm pretty happy with it.

My audiologist wanted to do this, but she works in 2 locations within the same company. The one location she works 3 days a week and this location I go to she works 1 day a week. Nobody else in the place thought to charge it, and she apologized for not charging it.

It was no biggie, I got majority of it to work. And I'm pretty happy with it.

My Audie hadn't ordered one before so I think she wanted to see how it worked. I have had to fiddle abit with it. Just messing with it today too, trying to figure out why the jack cord I took from a T-coil neck loop and plugged into the Compilot has a crackling sound and doesn't seem to stream to both hearing aids. Have you tried this?

Crackling sounds usually mean there is a short within the wire somewhere, or the connection is not all the way in. That's the only time I ever hear the crackling.

As of right now I got my ComPilot connected to my computer via wire. And it's sounds perfect.

It is really low level.

Botts, hope you don't mind me asking?

When you had your Naida. Did your battery draw ever wear away in the time you had it from turning it on and off? Also exactly how long did you have your Naida? I'm just interested in knowing how long my battery draws are likely to last and thought you'll be the expert to last. Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

When you had your Naida. Did your battery draw ever wear away in the time you had it from turning it on and off? Also exactly how long did you have your Naida? I'm just interested in knowing how long my battery draws are likely to last and thought you'll be the expert to last. Thank you :)

I think four years? And my mother in law has it now. So far the battery draw is intact.

Wondering if I am taking "battery draw" to be what I think you are talking about. My booklet refers to a battery compartment with ON/OFF switch. And then in a section about Inserting the battery talks about "open the battery door". Switch on the hearing aid by closing the battery compartment. This is what I take it you are talking about.

Wondering if I am taking "battery draw" to be what I think you are talking about. My booklet refers to a battery compartment with ON/OFF switch. And then in a section about Inserting the battery talks about "open the battery door". Switch on the hearing aid by closing the battery compartment. This is what I take it you are talking about.

Yes that is exactly what she means

Crackling sounds usually mean there is a short within the wire somewhere, or the connection is not all the way in. That's the only time I ever hear the crackling.

As of right now I got my ComPilot connected to my computer via wire. And it's sounds perfect.

So I went looking in the Compilot box and I found the audio cord in there. So much better!

Back