Good bilingal schools that have good bimodal services?

deafdyke

Reaction score
I have a parent on another list who is looking for a bilingual school that has good bimodal (oral training services) She's very interested in Sign, but is also really wanting oral training b/c her daughter's speech is unintelligible....
I've already suggested Maryland School, Kansas School, Oregon School, Western PA, St. Rita's, New York State School, Florida School, Rocky Mountain Deaf School, Willie Ross. I have also told her that her daughter would most likely benefit from one on one speech therapy, as its quality of speech, not quanity of speech. Are there any other state schools or programs that offer decent spoken language services? Right now she's thinking of moving to Illnois so she can enroll her daughter in the auditory oral program at Carle......if I can give her a list of decent schools, this will be one less student in an oral only situation.

How old is this child? It sounds like this parent should have her child in a Total Communication program if she is equally interested in her child potentially acquiring spoken language.

Back