Golden Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
My future involves a CI as soon as my hearing crosses the qualification threshold. So of course I am interested in them. The technology just keeps getting more refined.
You are going to need to pass a psychological evaluation before they give you a CI.

Beethoven's view of what you find so lovely.
Ludwig van Beethoven, plagued by deafness, wrote in 1802, “For me there can be no relaxation in human society; no refined conversations, no mutual confidences. I must live quite alone and may creep into society only as often as sheer necessity demands. . . . Such experiences almost made me despair and I was on the point of putting an end to my life.”
My posts are for the users of and those interested in CIs. This area of AD is devoted to that and HAs.

Beethoven's view of what you find so lovely.
Ludwig van Beethoven, plagued by deafness,

well just knwo the vast majority of Deaf that is the vast vast majority of us DON'T see being Deaf as a plague...

wrote in 1802, “For me there can be no relaxation in human society; no refined conversations, no mutual confidences. I must live quite alone and may creep into society only as often as sheer necessity demands. . . . Such experiences almost made me despair and I was on the point of putting an end to my life.”

sign would've set him free...

My posts are for the users of and those interested in CIs. This area of AD is devoted to that and HAs.

actually No given the amount of posts you do regarding Deaf its more then that
and you know it.

Done & Done all set to go!
You've already had one? And if yes they weren't worried about you having too high expectations? That's usually the "why" for one.

You've already had one? And if yes they weren't worried about you having too high expectations? That's usually the "why" for one.
Due to the fact I have been oral all my life and my decline has been slow enough during my life my prognosis is a one for CI Success.

Due to the fact I have been oral all my life and my decline has been slow enough during my life my prognosis is a one for CI Success.
If you've had a history of effective hearing aid usage, actually able to distinguish speech, you probably will. But it's still a good a idea to set you expectations low. The root of all suffering is expectation. So expect work, otherwise you may be disappointed. If you're expecting it to be a slow process you're mentally prepared for it, and if it's easy then it just becomes a pleasant surprise.

Have you ever had full hearing? Or did you start off with say mild or moderate and it progressed from there?

Born mild HOH and just lossed more slowly over time (Genetic Condition). Using phonak niada HAs right now, my audi recommended them since my hearing is so borderline right now.

It is possible for a CI to meet or exceed expectations. Especially the new multichannel ones.

anything is possible an ancient bearded greek once mused.

Last edited:
Nothing ventured nothing gained. Since you have no use for the device in question my ultimate performance will be of little interest. Others may be though.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Since you have no use for the device in question my ultimate performance will be of little interest. Others may be though.

oh i didnt know this thread was on your 'ultimate performance"..i thought it was to do with the golden window...

actually No given the amount of posts you do regarding Deaf its more then that
and you know it.
Referring to someone's interest in something as a fetish is a bit derogatory too.

Referring to someone's interest in something as a fetish is a bit derogatory too.
We get it... you really want a CI, cannot wait until you get the CI, have hopes and dreams of getting it...
but here is there thing... not everyone is you... you do realize there is a thing called choice... and different opinions... everyone has a right to their own... and that includes in all things... not just what you like or dislike... yet... did you miss what this thread was about?

oh i didnt know this thread was on your 'ultimate performance"..i thought it was to do with the golden window
Exactly and there is much scientific data to support the golden window. Dr. Chorost who you are less then fond other mentioned this in his novel when he visited his old pre shook and met more than a few CI kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back