GoAmerica Announces Agreement to Acquire Verizon's Telecommunications Relay Services

I must say I am somewhat surprised and disappointed about this. I guess this means I will be using AT&T and maybe Sprint more often soon. I have no use for GoAmerica/i711! :ugh3:

I must say I am somewhat surprised and disappointed about this. I guess this means I will be using AT&T and maybe Sprint more often soon. I have no use for GoAmerica/i711! :ugh3:

Why the heartburn with i711? I love their IP relay service because I can give hearing people my 866 number and they can leave a "voice" mail for me via i711 directly to my email which goes to my blackberry. So convenient. I've found i711 to be the most reliable IP relay wireless service to date. And, no, I don't work for GoAmerica/i711...just am a satisfied customer.

While I'm sure this is seperate from Verizon the wireless company in some ways . Do you think it could influence them to create a Deaf plan. While I know they have one to me it really isn't worth it b/c they don't offer unlimited text or internet.

Here's an interesting development: Stellar Nordia (Go America's contractor) has blocked all scam calls through the IP Relay system, and is laying off the majority of its relay operators.

Go America Stellar

Well, a lot of people are getting laid off and it will save them money and really they have cut out on the fraud and prank calls some of these scammers and kids decide to make, which is the reason for the firings/laid off or whatever so should be better but of course not good fro people who have been doing this for years and years are now without work

I have to admit, I think its great..............this cuts down on enormous amounts of waste. FINALLY the taxpayers won't be subsidizing scammers.

Back