GM told some dealers to stop selling Chevy Cruz.

Yes, it looks more roomy for hulk mechanics to replace serpentine belts but Ford 6.2L V8 diesel is too hard for you. If you are a big guy with big arms then you have to take radiator/fan shroud off according to Diehardbiker mentioned. Labor hour is 4 or more hours. I can do for 1 to 1.5 hours and get
4 hour labor pay.

Like I said I hate any V type engine.

When I worked at GM dealership and 2.4L DOHC 4cly was super easy to replace the oil filter but 3.6L V6 was ****ing BITCH and hard time to removed the oil filter and I had asked to skinny mechanics to removed it for me. He was just like lol at me. Both engines from Equinox 2010 or up. 3.6L V6's oil filter between engine and fan and I was kind scary because warn labor said fan will turn on anytime when engine is off.

2014_chevrolet_impala_48.jpg

You will see blue oil filter there even I took 3.6L V6's cover off and still tight space and very messed oil at engine's side once you removed the oil filter. It took me around 30 minutes for change a oil and 25 points check then lot lot to clean.

2010_chevrolet_malibu_lt-pic-5002632075434692194.jpeg

It's copy idea from Europe's design for top oil filter but I LOVE that job and no messed when you removed the used oil filter off. It took around 15 minutes. Why? Removed oil filter off first then drain oil pretty quick from the pan during check 25 points.

So most old semi-trucks' oil filters at bottom and too mess so easy. Some new semi-truck's top oil filter at left or right side of motor and no mess.

Last edited:
Like I said I hate any V type engine.

When I worked at GM dealership and 2.4L DOHC 4cly was super easy to replace the oil filter but 3.6L V6 was ****ing BITCH and hard time to removed the oil filter and I had asked to skinny mechanics to removed it for me. He was just like lol at me. Both engines from Equinox 2010 or up. 3.6L V6's oil filter between engine and fan and I was kind scary because warn labor said fan will turn on anytime when engine is off.

2014_chevrolet_impala_48.jpg

You will see blue oil filter there even I took 3.6L V6's cover off and still tight space and very messed oil at engine's side once you removed the oil filter. It took me around 30 minutes for change a oil and 25 points check then lot lot to clean.

2010_chevrolet_malibu_lt-pic-5002632075434692194.jpeg

It's copy idea from Europe's design for top oil filter but I LOVE that job and no messed when you removed the used oil filter off. It took around 15 minutes. Why? Removed oil filter off first then drain oil pretty quick from the pan during check 25 points.

So most old semi-trucks' oil filters at bottom and too mess so easy. Some new semi-truck's top oil filter at left or right side of motor and no mess.

Is that the same engine as Holden/GM used for their Commodore Down Under? Think it's known as the SIDI or GMHF engine.

I changed the oil in my Mustang the other day and as always, I made a huge mess and used a lot of sweep away cleaning my friend's driveway.I love how the Mustang has a hose hanging under the oil filter, so it always gets hit with oil and causes the flow to be diverted from the pan.

My motorcycle is super easy, but since a previous owner converted the bike into a 2-1 exhaust system, oil spills all over the exhaust which is in the way now and makes a lot of smoke when the bike is run after maintenance.

I do need to hook a wire to the mustang's drain plug to catch it from falling into the oil pan, since I always drop it and have to fish it out.

I mentioned in post #7 about the transmission fluid leaks. My mechanic brought his Chevy Cruz in the shop for oil service last Monday, told me that the automatic transmission has been replaced 3rd times at the dealer. He didn't tell me before, he said he discovered red ATF leaks after 2nd transmission replaced, return to the dealer to replace 2 CV shaft seals then few weeks later he recheck ATF leaks, still leaks, send his car back to the dealer again, they replaced 3rd updated transmission at no charge. He changed oil (synthetic oil) and filter, found no ATF leaks. Happy with his car.

Back