Global Warming

Raging Quiet

Reaction score
Climateprediction.net, one of the biggest climate predictions ever run, says global temperatures could rise by 11C, melting the ice caps.

That's twice the level previous studies have predicted.

Flooding, water shortages, disease, and extreme weather could all hit the UK in a way never before imagined, and this could happen in a few generations.

The study was put together using the spare power of thousands of personal, office and school computers.

Using a free programme from the web, the computers automatically ran through different climate models whenever they weren't being used.

Using these computers, the study has more power than the world's largest supercomputers.

Scientists warn temperature changes wouldn't be the same all round the world, and Britain's temperature could rise by 20C.

They believe it could take 100,000 years for the Earth to recover from the effects of pollution and global warming.

That shocked me

Thanks Vamp !

What's a big deal 68F ?? I love to have 68F degree round of the year in New England. That would be save our bucks on the heat bill We can go outside as much as we can.

Sabrina said:
Thanks Vamp !

What's a big deal 68F ?? I love to have 68F degree round of the year in New England. That would be save our bucks on the heat bill We can go outside as much as we can.
It's not 20 degrees C at the moment. It's 20 degrees increase. If the average temperature is 45 degrees C, that means the new temperature would be 65 degrees C. In your case of F, it would be 113 degrees F. However, the increase would raise it to 149 degrees F. That's way too hot.

yeah pretty sad these days...

i found out that earth isn't the only planet that's having global warming.. Mars is having global warming too.. the ice caps in mars is melting too.. :eek:

Raging thats a bunch of balony!! Explain we have a blizzard and cold temps reaching the south,, And your aint no professor Raging.

ravensteve1961 said:
Raging thats a bunch of balony!! Explain we have a blizzard and cold temps reaching the south,, And your aint no professor Raging.
Like what I said before in one of your topics... You don't understand what Global Warming really mean.

And... you are no professor either.

Im Not,,,All global warming talk is politicaly motivated by liberalism. Theres No proof of global warming caused by man. Its people like Hillary clinton,.,Al Gore,,,Richard Gephardt,,Tom Daschile,,,Ted Kennedy force this issue down peoples heads and make laws we gotta pay this to clean up the air,,,We gotta pay for this to clean up the water..I got a question to ask those liberals..WHY DONT YOU!! Pay to clean up the water and the air? NOT US...YOU!!!

Maybe we should divide the country into two areas: one for people who want to keep their environment clean and safe, and others who refuse to finance. Then forbid the other group from moving into whichever side. Give it 5 years and see which is greenier.

kuifje75 said:
Maybe we should divide the country into two areas: one for people who want to keep their environment clean and safe, and others who refuse to finance. Then forbid the other group from moving into whichever side. Give it 5 years and see which is greenier.
Yep. That's what I told others... Shove these anti-environmentalists like ravensteve to bible belt area and environmentalists/liberals/progressive/democrats/etc to moral belt area... to find out which is greener.

Ours, of course, will be greener and cleaner.

I got a better idea,Why not give people a choice to help to clean up the evoinment by donations instead forcing people to pay to go to auto emission testing and instead of forcing people to pay for a evoinmental diposal fee everytime we need our tires changed or our oil changed.But the wealthy people arent getting hurt in money for evoinmetal causes.Its the middle class and the poor who are being hurt by this.

Generally, I like the concept of donations
rather than "being forced" to pay for this.

Y said:
Generally, I like the concept of donations rather than "being forced" to pay for this.

You already have the choice of making donations to improve the environment. Suffice it to say, people are greedy and selfish and that route doesn't seem to provide enough funds to get to the goals we set for improving our environment.

I'm of the opinion: you use it to hurt the environment, you pay the tax the government sets on it. Some taxes are GREAT ideas -- you use more gas in your car, you pollute the environment more, the more tax you should pay for that. I use my car to drive across state a lot and I still agree with it. If I wanted to save costs, I would get a higher MPG vehicle or even a hybrid gas/electric car.

My point is, no one ever gives enough. If you aren't willing to pay $0.10 or whatever amount tax per gallon of gas you use, you're not willing to make a $10 donation to whatever fund that would be used to counteract the harm car emissions do to the environment.

:gpost: Dennis nailed it beautifully.

Their greed and selfish causes a whole of this mess... Donation alone still do not enough to put a band aid on it.

Dennis said:
You already have the choice of making donations to improve the environment. Suffice it to say, people are greedy and selfish and that route doesn't seem to provide enough funds to get to the goals we set for improving our environment.

I'm of the opinion: you use it to hurt the environment, you pay the tax the government sets on it. Some taxes are GREAT ideas -- you use more gas in your car, you pollute the environment more, the more tax you should pay for that. I use my car to drive across state a lot and I still agree with it. If I wanted to save costs, I would get a higher MPG vehicle or even a hybrid gas/electric car.

My point is, no one ever gives enough. If you aren't willing to pay $0.10 or whatever amount tax per gallon of gas you use, you're not willing to make a $10 donation to whatever fund that would be used to counteract the harm car emissions do to the environment.

What About the auto emissions testing? Should we be forced to pay $20 for the test and if it fails you pay $75 fir repairs and pay another $20 to take is back to see if your auto passes the emissons again? Thats $115 we gotta pay to clean the evoinment. My arguement with this it doesnt huirt the wealthy at all! It Hurts the little guy like me. That $115 means something to me. Now the liberal democrats took that money away from me and the middle class people is the real reason why democrats lost the election. Now when Hillary and her liberals can come up with a better plan to clean up the evoinment that it means the wealthy will get hurt then ill vote for em again.

ravensteve1961 said:
What About the auto emissions testing? Should we be forced to pay $20 for the test and if it fails you pay $75 fir repairs and pay another $20 to take is back to see if your auto passes the emissons again? Thats $115 we gotta pay to clean the evoinment. My arguement with this it doesnt huirt the wealthy at all! It Hurts the little guy like me. That $115 means something to me. Now the liberal democrats took that money away from me and the middle class people is the real reason why democrats lost the election. Now when Hillary and her liberals can come up with a better plan to clean up the evoinment that it means the wealthy will get hurt then ill vote for em again.

You're upset at your STATE DMV people enacting a registration tax on you. Don't get pissed at Congress, get pissed at your state people. Who runs your state, Dems or Repubs?

To be fair, I can see how auto emissions testing can be unfair to people who can't afford to have their cars fixed to pass smog tests. I used to have a car like that, a 1993 Geo Storm Coupe, that needed $2,000 to fix the catalytic converter. That was my daily driver that I bought to get from school and back -- and it only COST me $2,000 to buy. If I didn't fix the converter, I wouldn't pass the test. I barely squeaked by when I did some minor fixes and warmed up the car really well.

However, it shouldn't cost you money to get retested. That's a way for the places to purposely fail you to get more money for themselves. It should be up to two free retests in 60 days.

Perhaps the auto emissions tests are too strict. Perhaps they should grade the penalties in that if you pass completely, it's only the $75 fee, if you fail, it's a free retest; fail the retest, $300 fine to get your registration.

I'm not going to give up on emissions testing as a requirement to register your car -- without that test, there will be registered cars that grossly pollute the air beyond what is "expected" from car emissions. That's how they gauge what to tax you on -- how bad the air is vs. the level they want to reach via cleaning the air. Until cars become a neligible method of pollution, that will continue.

HOW CAN WE SOLVE THIS???????? GO ALTERNATIVE FUEL METHODS! Ditch oil as our main daily propulsion method!

Dennis said:
HOW CAN WE SOLVE THIS???????? GO ALTERNATIVE FUEL METHODS! Ditch oil as our main daily propulsion method!
Many of 'them' refused.

But you are right, it is to be guarantee to solve these environment & fuel problems.

Well yeah, I don't think we hurt the environment.
All the papers are made from trees. Look at the leaves, Trees make more
mess than we do.
And our feces going to sewage and then go directly to the rivers... to
the ocean... even DOGS, animals and bugs have use the restroom.

All the chemicals we have... came from the Earth.

I think the Earth can recycle itself... not need us to take care of it.

Scientists used to say the cows' flatulence ruined the ozone layer.
But it isn't true.

I think the Earth will someday have another ice age...
I wonder what happen to the Dinosaurs... they must have disappear
during the ice age..... :thumbd:

Dennis said:

No,By voting out the democrats and putting the republicans in charge. True We do need Alternative oil,,By drilling oil in alaska for cheaper oil prices instead of buying from OPEC. Its people like the democrats blocking this. So by voting them out maybe things would start changing. Just like Bush is now gonna redo 75% of evoinmental regulations.

Back