GLBT Youth

SFShawn13

Reaction score
Do you guys ever feel like GLBT youth are slacking on working on getting our equal rights?

No I don't think we are. I think my friends who are still in high school deal more with trying to deal with having a SO and just being accepted. I don't think that the first thing on a GLBT youth's mind is equal rights. I understand that rights are very important, but are we expecting to much by putting the fight for rights on their plate along with all the normal teen issues? Especially since the major rights being fought for right now is marriage and teens really don't think about getting married yet. That's just my two cents.

Okay that's true. Teens do have to deal with coming out and all of that.

But I feel like the push for rights isn't as great as it could be.

But Than don't pin that just on youth, The question should be why arn't rights being pushed aside? and why are we being complacent in our political situation.

But Than don't pin that just on youth, The question should be why arn't rights being pushed aside? and why are we being complacent in our political situation.

Seriously! That's what I am wondering. Back when GLBT people REALLY had it crappy the GLBT rights movement was all up in everyones bizznass. Why are we so quiet, PC, and complacent now? Because we have SOME equality? Arg.

Seriously! That's what I am wondering. Back when GLBT people REALLY had it crappy the GLBT rights movement was all up in everyones bizznass. Why are we so quiet, PC, and complacent now? Because we have SOME equality? Arg.

Remember that we are becoming more mainstreamed with the society and when that happens--we will lose a part of our identity. Afterall it is part of compromising to obtain civilr rights that we want.

Hmmm, I guess what I am seeing isn't less of an identity. But less of a push for equal rights. Well, I don't know. It's hard to explain - I am sure you have seen HUGE progress in the gay rights movement than I have (just based on our ages). For that to happen people had to have been pretty unified. I don't feel like people are as unified :(

Hmmm, I guess what I am seeing isn't less of an identity. But less of a push for equal rights. Well, I don't know. It's hard to explain - I am sure you have seen HUGE progress in the gay rights movement than I have (just based on our ages). For that to happen people had to have been pretty unified. I don't feel like people are as unified :(

Thanks for pointing out about the difference in our ages! Now I feel old! :lol:

I also think that each generation has different set of goals that they would like to see accomplished. I remember that the generation before me was fighting for acceptance in society and that my generation had to deal with the bombardment of safe-sex campaigns as the AIDS crisis was unfolding and continually to work with acceptance in society.

What I would like to see the younger generation do is to continue to doing what we have been doing all along but to go a step furthur and maybe start working on retirement homes for the "gay-n-grays". :)

i am a gblt youth im trying my best even though i have unsupporting parents. im proud to be "gbLt" :))
<3 mwah ;*

All I do is reblog things on tumblr and set a good example of myself to show people LGBTQIAetc people aren't horrible just because they're LGBTQIAetc. This friend I made came out as bi a little after we became friends (he was usually so secretive about it, now he's out and proud when it's safe to be) because he saw how cool I was :cool2:

And later I'm performing in my school's drag show to show people you can express gender how ever you want! :) (I'm a FTM guy and very feminine.)

Although down south it can be rough... ~_~;;

Just some kids at my school. :)

I know a lesbian couple at my school and they do everything. They are constantly promoting LGBT rights. So I would have to say no.

Back