Giving Strangers a ride?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does it make me a mean or bad person for refusing to give a stranger a ride anywhere?

This had happened to me this morning, while driving in the parking lot, I noticed a guy was walking around the parking lot, at first I thought he might couldn't find his vechile, so I pay no mind attention until I went into a UPS shipping store to send out the package to GalaxyAngel, after I left the store, the same guy was walking around the parking lot, approach me, I couldn't understand a word he was saying because he was mumbling, it was harder for me to read his lips getting the understanding what he was trying to say, I mention to him that I was deaf, He tried to sign, but I could get what he was trying to say, He mention "car" and then I asked him, "You couldn't find your car?" He shook his head "no", then he trying to sign "you" "drive", then I said, "You want me to drive you somewhere?" He shook his head "yes" and I told him, "I'm sorry, I cannot give a ride to strangers, I don't know who you are". He then tried to beg, beg and beg.

I told him again, "I'm sorry, I cannot" and walked away while unlocking my vechile door, He got in the passengers side and sat there! I'm like WTF!? I said to him "Please get out of my car, I've told you I cannot give rides to strangers". And he kept on begging and begging numerics of times!, He was getting on my last nerve, gave me no choice, I had to find the security that drives around the parking lot, found him, report this guy.

When the security approach to this guy, he started off running, I freaked out and just got in my car and left.

If it makes me a mean person or a bad person, I'm sorry, I don't know this person well enough to put my trust into, He could be a mass murder, a rapist for all I know. I rather not take the risk to find out. It's either my life or having my life being taken away. I choose to save my own life than to find out. :)

OMG, u re lucky that he didn't try to hurt you or something. Good thing that you have the sense to get help rather than try to solve the problem yourself.

Nope, I will never give a ride to stranger no matter how he/she seems to be desparate include deaf people too.

No, honey, you did the right thing. You did exactly the same thing I would have done - and I'm so very glad you're okay, safe and sound. I shudder to think of what might have happened to you!

Next time, be sure that your passenger door is locked...big time!

:cuddle: :hug: :kiss:

U did right thing to refuse him since he is a stranger and u may not know what he might do to u. U know what I mean, we all women have to be careful with strange men. U have right to defend yourself, not to be a good samartain. I am proud of u. :)

*Whew* Thanks guys! ;)

I thought I would be jumped at for not having a heart to give a stranger a ride, :Ohno: It just I was scared and I have an issue with trusting strangers. Because, I'll never know if this person is a good or bad.

*Whew* Thanks guys! ;)

I thought I would be jumped at for not having a heart to give a stranger a ride, :Ohno: It just I was scared and I have an issue with trusting strangers. Because, I'll never know if this person is a good or bad.

I don't blame u cuz there is too many sickos out there. My brother in law was attacked by strangers when he stopped by and helped them with their car trouble. He thought he did right thing but ended up being a victim. U don't want to be a victim and be scarred for rest of your life. so dont feel bad if u made the decision. :)

Nobody would blame you for that, Cheri. It's actually never a good idea to give anyone a ride. You simply don't know what intentions the hitchhiker might have. He may be a nice guy just looking for a quick hop down to the local convenience store, or he might be your worst nightmare come true!

This goes for women as well. People tend to give women rides because they appear "safer", but it's just not safe to give anyone a free ride.

You did good, Cheri! I also echo Deaf Dream's sentiments, and am glad nothing happened to you.

Quick question: Were the boys with you when this happened?

:hug:

Never give strangers a ride. I wouldnt give any strangers a ride .. nor if my car is broken down..i wouldnt get in a car with a stranger. i walked on the road. many stopped and asked if i want a ride. I said no.. till a family i knew stopped and asked if i need a ride to moms house .. i said yes pls. so they took me to moms house. I told them thanks so much! too many perverts out there.. could rape me or kill me ? or whatever.. *shudder*

Cheri u did right thing by saying NO to the stranger and ran for help. That is brave of you to do that. next time lock your car so it wont happen again ok? :)

i am so glad you are ok.. :)

Whoa...You are lucky to refuse to give that stranger a ride... You did right thing by refusing to give him a ride... You now are alive and safe..

No you are NOT a bad person for not giving a stranger a ride. You just never know if hes a good or bad person plus you don't know that person. It's hard to trust a stranger now day than it is LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time ago! Because the world is getting crazy, isn't it?

He was okay even he was knock out for few minutes.

I'm sorry :( That's terrible to have someone who does good to others and get attacked without warning. Did he stopped helping others in need?

And for everyone else in here who says I made the right choice. Thanks!! ;)

What a morning I had. :run:

Cheri, these days you can't give a hitchhiker a ride. Those days are long gone and people had better moral values in the old days.

When I was in Texas, I needed a hitchhike ride then I stuck out my thumb then I got a ride. It ended up the guy wanted to rob and kill me for my money and my possessions. He tried to put a gun to my head and I fought him and rolled out of the truck door. He was a meth freak and was looking for some way to get some more meth. He crashed his truck into a tree and I flagged down somebody who called 911 after he realized I am Deaf and I got paper and pen from my bag and wrote to tell him what happened and to get the Texas State Troopers over here. The Texas State Troopers saw him and they knew him as soon as they saw him and the cops pulled out their guns and they did not bother to check to see if he was okay or not stumped in his truck seat windsheid broken right through. I asked the cop next to me what was going on The cop told me " He is a hardcore felon, he likes meth. He is a very dangerous man. " The guy was just starting to wake up from being in a very bad crash and then as soon as he saw the swarm of cops, he freaked out and started to fight with the cops. This meth freak liked to lift weights and he was in excellent physical condition except he does meth. The cops finally fell back to their patrol cars and commanded him to get on the ground. He just had gotten done fighting about 15 - 20 cops almost all at once. The cops shot him numerous times as he kept coming forwards. He was on drugs and did not even feel himself getting shot. The cops found a still burning meth rock that was slowly going out in the truck ashtray. The guy had smoked so much meth and the cops found weapons and a bag of meth in the pouch of the truck seat. This guy was a very serious felon and a real danger to society and to himself and a danger to law enforcement.

You can't pick up hitchhikers nor try to stick your thumb out to hitchhike a ride. Those days are long gone. I would have liked to be able to hitchhike a ride to the nearest town with no worries like in the old days.

Cheri, you did the right thing by getting the security guys over there to get him out of your car.

No, you did the thing right to refuse to offer a strange the lift because you didn´t know him... It´s about your safety.

I would do the same as you as well.

I only take the lift if I know people well.

I'm sorry :( That's terrible to have someone who does good to others and get attacked without warning. Did he stopped helping others in need?

And for everyone else in here who says I made the right choice. Thanks!! ;)

What a morning I had. :run:

I am not sure if he stopped helping anyone else since then. Have not talk to him deeply about it. Been years since it happened.

What a experience u had, yeah. Yesterday was bad day for many people I knew of.

WHOA!!!! Considered yourself lucky! You could get killed if you got heart for this scumbag!

I don't blame u cuz there is too many sickos out there. My brother in law was attacked by strangers when he stopped by and helped them with their car trouble. He thought he did right thing but ended up being a victim. U don't want to be a victim and be scarred for rest of your life. so dont feel bad if u made the decision. :)

Yes, I know... It was happened here in Germany as well at few years ago. I remember from read the newspaper... A lady stopped at motorway (autobahn/freeway) park for a break and check something wrong with her car engine... 2 young guys came to her and ask her what´s the problem... She told them something wrong with sounds. She let them check her car.. .Few minutes later after that they grabbed her and then raped her... Each raped her and put band on her eyes and leave her lying... and drove off... The drivers came to park for break and saw her lying and call police....... TV about how to protect from criminals spread out and warn how to protect ourselves if any happened in autobahn park... car trouble???? simple go to autobahn emergency phone - it´s only half km away from autopark... Each autopark have emergency phone which is great.

Cheri, I´m glad that you are okay... *phew*

Back