Gitmo Prisoners UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are more than welcome to use any terminology that you choose to refer to the past administration. However, you cannot dictate the terminology used by others. There is absolutely nothing innaccurate about referring to those that Bush kept company with as "company." You quite obviously were able to understand exactly what the poster was saying.
I have corrected her in the past and she said :ty:. She slipped back and I've tolerated it for some time. But every time I see "Bush & Co.", it leaves a bad taste in my tongue. I simply asked Liebling to refer it as Bush Administration out of courtesy of respect. You do not need to dance around the term to defend her when it's obviously wrong. No point in prolonging this pointless matter. Beside - this is not your fight unless you want to dig a hole for both of you.

diggin_smilie.gif

Now, instead of nitpicking one poster for the use of one word, how about we get back on topic?
Nitpicking? how about a respect? Should I call Obama as Mr. Obama? No... he's President Obama, not Mr. Obama or Senator Obama. Get it right. It's insulting/disrespectful to call the person with wrong rank/title, donchaknow? Once you get your ph.d... professionally - you are to be addressed as Dr. Jillio... not Miss Jillio or Jillio. It's just the matter of respect.

btw - there is no other terminology for any administration. It's simply "[last name of President] Administration"

I have corrected her in the past and she said :ty:. She slipped back and I've tolerated it for some time. But every time I see "Bush & Co.", it leaves a bad taste in my tongue. I simply asked Liebling to refer it as Bush Administration out of courtesy of respect. You do not need to dance around the term to defend her when it's obviously wrong. No point in prolonging this pointless matter. Beside - this is not your fight unless you want to dig a hole for both of you.

diggin_smilie.gif

Nitpicking? how about a respect? Should I call Obama as Mr. Obama? No... he's President Obama, not Mr. Obama or Senator Obama. Get it right. It's insulting/disrespectful to call the person with wrong rank/title, donchaknow? Once you get your ph.d... professionally - you are to be addressed as Dr. Jillio... not Miss Jillio or Jillio. It's just the matter of respect.

btw - there is no other terminology for any administration. It's simply "[last name of President] Administration"

More nitpicking.:roll: And I don't demand that anyone address me as Doctor. Jillio is just fine with me. :cool2:

Now, back to the topic.

More nitpicking.:roll: And I don't demand that anyone address me as Doctor. Jillio is just fine with me. :cool2:
read the word - PROFESSIONALLY. You don't address soldier with his/her wrong rank either. You don't address Judge as "Mr. ----" or his first name.

Now, back to the topic.
We can get back to topic as long as somebody extends a courtesy of respect to properly address the situation. Bush & Co. is misleading and inaccurate. I don't tolerate such thing. :cool2:

read the word - PROFESSIONALLY. You don't address soldier with his/her wrong rank either. You don't address Judge as "Mr. ----" or his first name.

We can get back to topic as long as somebody extends a courtesy of respect to properly address the situation. Bush & Co. is misleading and inaccurate. I don't tolerate such thing. :cool2:

PROFESSIONALLY, you can address me as Jill. Doesn't bother me in the least.

And, given the fact that Bush is no longer in office, we are not too terribly concerned about addressing him professionally. :cool2:

PROFESSIONALLY, you can address me as Jill. Doesn't bother me in the least.
that's fine between you and whoever. Strangers will still have address you as Dr. Jill out of respect and of course you can go ahead and tell him/her to address you as Jill. Like I said - it's impolite and disrespectful to address someone improperly like soldiers and Judge.

And, given the fact that Bush is no longer in office, we are not too terribly concerned about addressing him professionally. :cool2:
Your reasoning for her use of "Bush & Co." is moot as Liebling has acknowledged her mistake in the past. :cool2: Please address the previous administration properly.

If you want to talk about Bush alone - sure go ahead and call him whatever you want - Devil Bush, Evil Bush, Darth Bush. You know what I called him? Bu$h :laugh2:

that's fine between you and whoever. Strangers will still have address you as Dr. Jill out of respect and of course you can go ahead and tell him/her to address you as Jill. Like I said - it's impolite and disrespectful to address someone improperly like soldiers and Judge.

Your reasoning for her use of "Bush & Co." is moot as Liebling has acknowledged her mistake in the past. :cool2: Please address the previous administration properly.

If you want to talk about Bush alone - sure go ahead and call him whatever you want - Devil Bush, Evil Bush, Darth Bush. You know what I called him? Bu$h :laugh2:

Since no one here was addressing Bush directly, your point is moot. He was being referred to, not addressed. So nothing impolite nor innaccurate.

There you go. Looks like many are referring to him as Bush and Co.

yea... Accountant firm in London.... Electric company in Norfolk, Virginia... Management firm.... sightseeing tours in Morgan, Riverland.. warehouse in South Brooklyn... Telecommunication company... :roll:

Since no one here was addressing Bush directly, your point is moot. He was being referred to, not addressed. So nothing impolite nor innaccurate.

Liebling is not addressing an individual. :roll: It continues to amaze me to see you defending an obvious mistake with more silly redirection.

diggin_smilie.gif

yea... Accountants in London.... Electric company in Norfolk, Virginia... Management firm.... sightseeing tours in Morgan, Riverland.. warehouse in South Brooklyn... Telecommunication company... :roll:

Nice try at ignoring the ones that are referring to ex-President Bush. And you have already said, when "talking about Bush" you can call him anything you want to. Since Leibling was talking about Bush, not addressing him personally, you have simply supported her right to call him anything she wishes.:cool2:

Liebling is not addressing an individual. :roll: It continues to amaze me to see you defending an obvious mistake with more silly redirection.

diggin_smilie.gif

Exactly. So she can refer to him in any way she chooses. The obvious mistake is yours, as your entire argument was based on how one should address an individual. Go back and read your own posts. You have already supported the fact that when talking about an individual, one can refer to them in any way they choose.

not Companions. not Company. not Corporation. It's Bush Administration because he was the President and President is not supposed to be affiliated with any corporations/companies/etc.

Well...

Depend on difference threads, I can use Bush Admin. or Bush & co.

Example of all -

If the thread is about enomoncy crisis, bailout, tax, etc... then use Bush Admin. because it´s them who vote yes or no...

If the thread is about war crime, Gitmo, etc... then use Bush & co because not all Bush admin. involved but Bush´s companions like Romsfeld, Cheeny, CIA, etc. that group who violate the law etc.

Get the difference?

Exactly. So she can refer to him in any way she chooses. The obvious mistake is yours, as your entire argument was based on how one should address an individual. Go back and read your own posts. You have already supported the fact that when talking about an individual, one can refer to them in any way they choose.

Nice try at ignoring the ones that are referring to ex-President Bush. And you have already said, when "talking about Bush" you can call him anything you want to. Since Leibling was talking about Bush, not addressing him personally, you have simply supported her right to call him anything she wishes.:cool2:

Talking about Bush alone? so Bush & Co.? methinks me she's not addressing an individual. Can you show me any authentic/professional news source that addresses them as "Bush & Co."?

Please do continue to dig. It's not deep enough :laugh2:

Talking about Bush alone? so Bush & Co.? methinks me she's not addressing an individual. Can you show me any authentic/professional news source that addresses them as "Bush & Co."?

Leibling is not a professional. She is referring to them as a layman. You already dug your hole, and buried yourself, Jiro. Get over it. Maybe you'd like to join Bush and company in the hole they dug for themselves regarding Gitmo. I'm sure they'd be happy to make room for one more.

Well...

Depend on difference threads, I can use Bush Admin. or Bush & co.

Example of all -

If the thread is about enomoncy crisis, bailout, tax, etc... then use Bush Admin. because it´s them who vote yes or no...

If the thread is about war crime, Gitmo, etc... then use Bush & co because not all Bush admin. involved but Bush´s companions like Romsfeld, Cheeny, CIA, etc. that group who violate the law etc.

Get the difference?

Sorry no I don't get the difference because it's wrong on many levels.

:roll: Don´t you know the difference between legal and illegal?

I would use those word to call Bush & his companions (Bush & co.) because some of all Bush Admin. did illegal.

Yes I use those word Bush Admin. in several threads because they all did in legal way.

Sorry no I don't get the difference because it's wrong on many levels.

As were some of the policies endorsed and approved by Bush and company at Gitmo.:cool2:

Leibling is not a professional. She is referring to them as a layman. You already dug your hole, and buried yourself, Jiro. Get over it. Maybe you'd like to join Bush and company in the hole they dug for themselves regarding Gitmo. I'm sure they'd be happy to make room for one more.

huh? Bush and company? who? this is pathetic..... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back