Getting new hearing aids?

Sadly not - not received a phone call at least, and my appointment to be referred was on Monday. I've been told it could take up to 2-3 weeks depending on how busy they are, and how the post service is running too (it could either be via post or phone).

If your appointment to be referred was only Monday and you've been told if will be 2-3 weeks. That's good. My friend is in Surrey and it took 4 months to be transferred. she didn't like her old audiology department.

Yeah - it could even be that long really, it depends on the number of patients. But the doctor said he would try and get it done ASAP so that it can be sorted out before the new academic year begins.

While you may hear better due to the location of the microphone on the ITE
hear better? WTF does that mean? Most ites don't provide enough power.

Yeah - it could even be that long really, it depends on the number of patients. But the doctor said he would try and get it done ASAP so that it can be sorted out before the new academic year begins.

Yea means they put you through as a urgent case. Fingers crossed you are fitted before September.

As you are at university have you tried applying for Disabled Students Allowance. The assessment was quite straightforward when I applied a few years ago and I was provided with some really useful equipment. If you haven't already applied it might be worth a try.

As you are at university have you tried applying for Disabled Students Allowance. The assessment was quite straightforward when I applied a few years ago and I was provided with some really useful equipment. If you haven't already applied it might be worth a try.

Yeah, I have that already sorted. I'm going to be getting a dictaphone at some point this year since it would help to be able to record the lectures for my last year and replay them over when I'm in my room. This year I was covered by the lectures mostly being what was on the powerpoint (or if deviations were made, my friends provided me with back up) but next year is where it's likely to be more advanced and going beyond what's on the slides. So, I figure I'll get that sorted. Aside from that, I wasn't really given access to any other equipment that would be of use for me - they did provide me with a reimbursement for my laptop though as I use it for notetaking in my lectures.

Back