"GBLT LOUNGE" excludes everyone else

Kai Onca

Reaction score
Yea, now I finally got your attention.

I've mentioned it as a suble hint but for some reason emotion overrode reason and logic in this another thread

For some reason I've seen GBLT as limited to ONLY themselves and I do recall some of my friends not liking that title/label

what about your Allies? What about those who are questioning? Do you have to be just gay, bisexual, lesbian or just plain transgendered?

Guess what? The community isn't limited to those people.

To name the subforum GLBT lounge teaches the rest of us excluded people including your allies. Isn't the point of this to teach others of acceptance for ones orientation?

Think of unity, for anyones orientation no matter what walks of life they come from. If you still believe the closet should become GLBT lounge then be my guest as it becomes even more narrowed and you lose your allies and support and those people without a certain label. I would say for everyones sake to stay together for the common goal, someone has to come up with a solution that does not EXCLUDE anybody such as "the spectrum" or something like that as this GBLT term does teach INGORANCE in the first place.

Us, GLBT, ignorant against the straight people? Hell no.

Straight people are ignorant against us more than how we ignorant against them.

Here's the quote I heard from straight people.

"That's so gross!"
"Ur weird!"
"Unbelieveable!"
"Gay Marriage are very ridilicioius because God hate fags"
"God hate fags"
etc etc etc.

Now take a look at GLBT. Did they say anything that are discriminate against straight people? Nothing, but trying to be proud that's all.

Here, this "The Closet" section is the place where we goes to talk about the discriminates, our experience, our expression, etc about our sexual orientation.

Now, let me ask a question, WOULD Straight people go to a thread called GLBT Lounge? No. Now would they go to The Closet? No. There is no difference between those, but we just want to make the section name as comfortable for us to be wandering around.

Would you rather us, included myself to stay in the closet and make sure straight people don't know about us? I think it's very rude. Sorry.

Us, GLBT, ignorant against the straight people? Hell no.

Straight people are ignorant against us more than how we ignorant against them.

Here's the quote I heard from straight people.

"That's so gross!"
"Ur weird!"
"Unbelieveable!"
"Gay Marriage are very ridilicioius because God hate fags"
"God hate fags"
etc etc etc.

Now take a look at GLBT. Did they say anything that are discriminate against straight people? Nothing, but trying to be proud that's all.

Here, this "The Closet" section is the place where we goes to talk about the discriminates, our experience, our expression, etc about our sexual orientation.

Now, let me ask a question, WOULD Straight people go to a thread called GLBT Lounge? No. Now would they go to The Closet? No. There is no difference between those, but we just want to make the section name as comfortable for us to be wandering around.

Would you rather us, included myself to stay in the closet and make sure straight people don't know about us? I think it's very rude. Sorry.

It does same with stupid bible thumpers from suburb of Atlanta and called me that "you need to read the bible book" and "gay is wrongful to god" then I just like WTF at them then fuck to them.

I will never move to southeast USA, no thanks.

I gotta agree with everybody else in here...

Here's another ideas... I just throwing a suggestion here... Instead of "GLBT Lounge"... Why not try for "GLBTIQ Lounge"?

Wanna know what I and Q stand for? Intersex and Queer... If not then I stand for GLBT Lounge... Straight people are welcome to discuss in that forum AS LONG they respect us like "Undo other as you want them undo you"

Here's another ideas... I just throwing a suggestion here... Instead of "GLBT Lounge"... Why not try for "GLBTIQ Lounge"?

Wanna know what I and Q stand for? Intersex and Queer... If not then I stand for GLBT Lounge... Straight people are welcome to discuss in that forum AS LONG they respect us like "Undo other as you want them undo you"

Oh should add Asexual? GLBTIQA Lounge?

don't care for abbreviations but many seem to like gblt.....as noted in this post yes it ddoes exclude....perhaps.... 'GBLT n Friends'
to claim they should exclude straight is just reverse discrimination...all discrimination just teaches others to discriminate.
two wrongs doesn't make a right
extreme to the opposite end is just more of the same
same as in war or gender war etc......radicalism only keeps discrimination going on both sides.
find the middle ground
diplomacy
remmy that word....centrist

well you've claimed straight won't go to 'closeet' or 'gblt' but I seem to have noted a number of them in here commenting
if you want an exclusionary site ok by me I guess....but I don't think all of you agree on that
exclusionary will only enhance your isolation
all the little things count

since u guys complain so why make private thread that people whoever wants to read and have to get password to get in? ;) just a suggestion I'm not here to be invovled in both sides about that.. :)

Hmm, there's a penisarium forum, that's only for prevents so others are not welcome there. Should we rename it to "Penisarium 'n' Friends"? Oh the "Our Pets" too, they should add the pet haters too so we should rename "Our Pets and Pets Haters".

This "GLBT 'n' Friends" seems ridicilious to me because this place is suppose to be about the GLBT, we discuss about the GLBT, etc.

You see my point?

well you can have it your way.......assumed was like a gay bar where anyone welcome
cya around lol
it is the internet with bored/curious people......if you want others out likely need a password entry
they gays I know are happy to have straight friends.....isolation breeds the discrimination
I'm straight and the more I knew actual gay people the more I accepted them......sometimes it's a slow proccess.

nobody said those who are het aren't welcome- simply that it's damn stupid to rename. the issues primarily dealing with those who ARE gay les bi or trans.

Honestly. Never thought I'd see the day when hetrosexuals were feeling excluded.

Wrong. Q stands for questioning not queer.

I agree that straight people are welcome to join as long as they're not bashing GBLTIQA people.

simply that it's damn stupid to rename. the issues primarily dealing with those who ARE gay les bi or trans.

I have to disagree with you. It is easy for you to say that because you're not one of us. You're showing your ignorance here. Supposely if the world is an oppose place that GLBT are acceptable and hetrosexuals are wrong... How will you feel if anyone create a negative name thread for hetrosexuals only? You possibly will never get it because you're "straight".

I have to disagree with you. It is easy for you to say that because you're not one of us. You're showing your ignorance here. Supposely if the world is an oppose place that GLBT are acceptable and hetrosexuals are wrong... How will you feel if anyone create a negative name thread for hetrosexuals only? You possibly will never get it because you're "straight".

If the GLBT community wants it changed, go for it. I will support u with whatever works for u all. :)

Yea, now I finally got your attention.

I've mentioned it as a suble hint but for some reason emotion overrode reason and logic in this another thread

For some reason I've seen GBLT as limited to ONLY themselves and I do recall some of my friends not liking that title/label

what about your Allies? What about those who are questioning? Do you have to be just gay, bisexual, lesbian or just plain transgendered?

Guess what? The community isn't limited to those people.

To name the subforum GLBT lounge teaches the rest of us excluded people including your allies. Isn't the point of this to teach others of acceptance for ones orientation?

Think of unity, for anyones orientation no matter what walks of life they come from. If you still believe the closet should become GLBT lounge then be my guest as it becomes even more narrowed and you lose your allies and support and those people without a certain label. I would say for everyones sake to stay together for the common goal, someone has to come up with a solution that does not EXCLUDE anybody such as "the spectrum" or something like that as this GBLT term does teach INGORANCE in the first place.

Honestly, I don't see how "GLBT Lounge" would keep straight friends/allies away, anymore than the name ALLDEAF keeps away hearing friends/allies. I don't think the intention was ever to exclude folks, to begin with... but rather to change the original name of the folder, which some folks found offensive.

That said, I wouldn't have a problem with a more inclusive title.

What would you suggest, Kai?

You possibly will never get it because you're "straight".

I am? Well darn, I wish someone else would've told me that -sooner-

All that wasted breath coming out and all. :giggle:

Do -not- stick me into a bucket without knowing me and call -me- ignorant in the same conversation.

I am? Well darn, I wish someone else would've told me that -sooner-

All that wasted breath coming out and all. :giggle:

Do -not- stick me into a bucket without knowing me and call -me- ignorant in the same conversation.

Your words made it clear that you're uneducated and ignorant about GLBT community. You don't even know what you are talking about it. :roll:

You've got to be kidding me.

I spent the majority of my summers hanging out at GLBT youth centers. If you want to be an arse about it and check to see such a place exists, Howard Brown's broadway youth center. I think I'm -well- aware of the issues surrounding the GLBT community.

Uneducated? My paper for self, culture, and society at uchicago was about the book Crossing by Deirdre McCloskey.

Ignorant? I've sat around in groups of people who's parents had kicked them out for being trans. Groups of people where 3 out of 10 of them engaged in self injury behaviours. Groups of people who were endlessly proud of who they were.

Don't you dare judge me, telling me -I- don't know what I'm talking about. I very well do, and for whatever reason you might believe I am wrong- you are grossly incorrect.

I'm honestly pissed off. You have -no- right to speak to me in such a condescending way.

Wrong. Q stands for questioning not queer.

I agree that straight people are welcome to join as long as they're not bashing GBLTIQA people.

What's A at end of GBLTIQA? Or should try GLBTIQQ?

Back