Gaybow (Rainbow)

Oddball

Stay weird
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know..I know..I know.. I am silly. It happened to me when I saw two rainbows here today...they were beautiful. My friend said, "gaybow" not rainbow. San Francisco is famous for gay mecca.

If you are in SF seeing the rainbow, say GAYBOW!! lol lol :naughty:

I used to live in the bay, right by SF and that is not a nice thing to say.

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
I don't mean to offend you like this. I live in SF for 2 years. I think gaybow is a farout term and I don't see any offensive to it. I admit that I am faghag anyway.

Originally posted by Oddball
I don't mean to offend you like this. I live in SF for 2 years. I think gaybow is a farout term and I don't see any offensive to it. I admit that I am faghag anyway.
hey babyphat, Oddball didnt offend anyone, she was commenting how it was intresting how we see different wording of rainbow when we re in SF poeple will call rainbow GAYBOWS its only meant in a respecting term just clam down and let her be herself, Oddball don't worry i know what that is and i have used that gaybow myself ! :) hehe

Originally posted by BabyPhat21

Babyphat21 -- im a lesbian and i know Oddball IRL and shes just saying that as a joke and i dont find it offensive and im sure other ppl wouldnt find it offensive as the rainbow u see outside does have the colors of diversity and inclusiveness and thats well known in the gay community for that

Originally posted by Oddball

its okay, its cool......I am used to that unless you are this or that you cant say it like unless you are black but if you are not you cant say the N word or other terms and like if you are not gay you cant say like oh that person is so queer...I dont know if I am saying it right but if its acceptable by everyone alike then cool...

hey I am :greddy: and proud of it.. none taken!!! :) gaybow :lol: that is kewl.. but be careful to some another gay ppl they do feel like it is insulting but to me.. :roll: it is nothing

This is slightly off topic, but I'd like to take the time to just say this --

I'm a white-boy. Not a wigger at all, yet a lot of the people I know around here, these people are the ones that I see daily, and I openly use the term "nigger" or "Niggah" whichever you prefer, around them. I openly use the term around other blacks around here that I don't hang out with, not once, have I ever pissed any of them off. It's all a matter of the context to which you use the word. If I used the term "nigger" in an insulting/offending manner, I'd more likely than not, get punched in the face. Now, some of you might say that because I live in a small town, that that's just normal, but I need to try moving to a big city where there's a lot of racism and hatred between whites/blacks. Well, this small town has a fairly large racism issue going on right now, so don't give me that. As I said, it's all in the context of how you use it.

As far as the gay thing goes, some people need to understand that there is a difference between a gay/homosexual person and a queer/fag. A gay/homosexual person, is just that, they simply prefer the companionship of their own sex, rather than the opposite. These people, generally, you'd never know they were gay untill they mentioned that they were, and you probably would doubt them when they did.

However, a faggot/queer is used to generally describe a flamboyant gay person, or by homophobics to describe any gay person. Everyone knows the kind of people that I'm talking about, the ones you just KNOW are gay before you even talk to them. The way they walk, the way they talk, the way they do EVERYTHING is just so obviously... gay.

Now, the same thing really goes with deafness. At least for me, the situation is the same as with blacks and the term "nigger". Hell, if any deaf person "disses" me for being deaf or whatever, I'd just laugh it off at their obvious stupidity. Now, when it comes to a hearing person, that's an entirely different subject. Once again, it's all in the context of how it's used. I mean, this is the first example that comes to my head, but like, some of my buddies will be chatting on their cell's, and the guy on the other line will ask something like "what 'ya doin'?" and then my friend or whatever would tell him that he's with Michael, naturally, the guys going to wonder WHICH michael exactly, so my friends will *ususally* reply "deaf michael". Now, by saying that, they did set me aside from the rest of the "normal" people by pointing out I was deaf when they could have just used my last name instead, however though, it wasn't intended to offend me, or insult me, and it didn't just because of that.

Now, if I'm in a heated argument with someone, and THEY bring up the deafness issue, they're gonna get a busted lip. Becuase their INTENT was to offend me, their INTENT was to insult me, their INTENT was to disrespect me, and I don't do that shit.

Sorry for going off-topic, but yeah. I guess I'm just saying, I don't see anything offending/insulting about "gaybow" simply becuase it's not INTENDED to do those things.

Now, on a different matter, does anyone know where the gayness and rainbow relation came from?

Edit -- I'm probably going to piss off some people for doing this, but I un-censored the word nigger, because I feel that it is entirely un-necessary since I'm just explaining my views, rather than insulting someone.

Last edited:
good point xero but i rather for u not to use N word . I don't care if u are from small town or big city but doon't use that word.. cuz I am african america and that N word is somewhat offend me or not.. it depend on how u say it. u know so take my advice use the N word instead spell it out u know.. gay/ homosexual and queer/fag do have same definitions. both of them do want companion of their own sex no matter how act their are. They are so gay fag. Whatever u called it.. because all of those term have same definitons.

good point xero but i rather for u not to use N word . I don't care if u are from small town or big city but doon't use that word.. cuz I am african america and that N word is somewhat offend me or not.. it depend on how u say it. u know so take my advice use the N word instead spell it out u know.. gay/ homosexual and queer/fag do have same definitions. both of them do want companion of their own sex no matter how act their are. They are so gay fag. Whatever u called it.. because all of those term have same definitons. [/B]

I can understand the fact that you are an african american, however you do realize that the "N" word itself, isn't exactly intended to offend anyone. The word comes from the word "Negro" which means "black" in spanish. And "Negro" came from the latin word "Niger" which also means "black". However, WE caused it to mean something bad. What used to be just a word, became slang. I won't argue about this anyway.

However, your comments are somewhat ironic. You're saying that gay/fag/queer all mean the same thing, and you are somewhat correct. However, that's like saying the term african american and "nigger" mean the same thing. I mean, hey, they both mean "black man". Do you see what I'm getting at? It's the context in which it is used.

While a gay/fag/queer person, no matter which term is being used, prefers same-sex relationships, they are still different. It's the context in which we, the human race, have turned to use these terms. It's pretty much universal, if you got a slang dictionary, it would probably list gay/fag under similar, yet different definitions, listing fag as much more harsh, than gay.

Let me put it this way, if you were a homosexual, would you prefer to be called gay, or a faggot/queer? I mean, I know I'd prefer to be considered "gay" over "fag" or "queer". Same thing goes with skin color. If I were black, I'd much rather be considered "black" or "african american" than "nigger" or whatever other slang is used these days.

I am sorry if the term offends you, however, I see that as extremely hypocritical, if you're willing to use fag or queer over the term gay or homosexual, but get offended by the use of nigger over the use of african american or black.

Originally posted by TygersaidStfu
:D *hugs* back with a greatly love of friendship

:eek: a hugs with a love of friendship>:eek:?.. :o oohh my bad i thought u would be in love by now...

:twisted: :naughty: not... :roll:

:laugh2:

well I ain't offended by that. but most of those black american felt that N word is part of our cultures in those history. It started when we were slaves and The supermacist treated us the shit..and said that we are stupid, and we can't do anything like white people can. so It kind of affected on us.. so WE have to prove that we are capable to doing things as white ppl.. .. so that is why we are trying to drop n word to Black or African American because it sound proper to us. so it shows respect to us. u know!!

eh, yeah word to Tyger, some blacks gets offensive easily once u used that word.. so :nono: suggestly say something nicer with "N" word, but TO ME, i dont give a damn bout that word.. coz i never get offensive easily.. "niggahs" had always had me think of as "Nuggets" so i :gives: abt this.. so i never knew that niggahs had a meaning to some blacks.. to me.. :dunno: o well.. who cares.. word to word. so why paranoid?

Last edited:
Back