Gaybow (Rainbow)

ChelEler

New Member
I never thought or seen anyone who see black as an inferior to white. I've always thought that any skin color people are equal to each other. Some can't do that, some can do that... depending on their talents individually, not the whole group of the same skin color. Do I make sense here? If not, let me know.
 
K

kuifje75

Guest
Interesting to follow this discussion.
Xero has a very good point. I agree with him/her about the difference of gay and faggot. I do catch myself calling a normally straight person a faggot just because he pissed me off. But if you called someone a gay just because he pissed you off, it doesn't make any sense or any meaning. It is same idea about black/Af. Am. versus n****r. So Tyger has a point about it being offensive.

What I think Xero is trying to say that there are certain rules when you can say it and when you can't say it. Also it does depend on context. like "This is soooo gay!" Anyway... the best thing to do is just to think of which word fits the situation and context. I am sure we know how to do that.
 

TygersaidStfu

New Member
Originally posted by kuifje75
Interesting to follow this discussion.
Xero has a very good point. I agree with him/her about the difference of gay and faggot. I do catch myself calling a normally straight person a faggot just because he pissed me off. But if you called someone a gay just because he pissed you off, it doesn't make any sense or any meaning. It is same idea about black/Af. Am. versus n****r. So Tyger has a point about it being offensive.

What I think Xero is trying to say that there are certain rules when you can say it and when you can't say it. Also it does depend on context. like "This is soooo gay!" Anyway... the best thing to do is just to think of which word fits the situation and context. I am sure we know how to do that.

rite........ :)
 
K

kuifje75

Guest
Originally posted by Grumpy Kiki
wow, if u called that as "******" and it will makes u a gay? :eek:
No, you're mixing the two situations together. We all were just doing some comparisons between the words faggot/gay and N****r/black.
 

Fly Free

New Member
Originally posted by VamPyroX
I wonder why they picked rainbow color as a gay color?
it represents diversity of cultures and inclusiveness as well as acceptance in society (at least this is what i would explain it as -- if other gay/lesbian folks out there has another explaination to this -- feel free to post LOL)
 

Xero

New Member
Originally posted by kuifje75
Interesting to follow this discussion.
Xero has a very good point. I agree with him/her about the difference of gay and faggot. I do catch myself calling a normally straight person a faggot just because he pissed me off. But if you called someone a gay just because he pissed you off, it doesn't make any sense or any meaning. It is same idea about black/Af. Am. versus n****r. So Tyger has a point about it being offensive.

What I think Xero is trying to say that there are certain rules when you can say it and when you can't say it. Also it does depend on context. like "This is soooo gay!" Anyway... the best thing to do is just to think of which word fits the situation and context. I am sure we know how to do that.
Thanks, I'm glad someone understands what I'm trying to point out. He, by the way.

And if you said "This is soooo gay!" I'd probably say something stupid like "Gay is not a derogatory term, nor should you use it as one". I just generally dislike using the term "Gay" to describe something other than a person. Same with Faggot or whatever. I dunno, I'm just weird like that.

Edit - spelled "derogatory" wrong. Heh. Like I said, I'm weird like that.
 

javapride

New Member
Originally posted by Fly Free
it represents diversity of cultures and inclusiveness as well as acceptance in society (at least this is what i would explain it as -- if other gay/lesbian folks out there has another explaination to this -- feel free to post LOL)

well there is 5 sets of colors that I know represents the gays and lesbains the rainbow represents the over all of the soicety, gay,lesbain,bi,transgender that is strongly unified as one for the lesbains the pink color and triangle downwards is represented in that color for the gays thier's blue with triangle upwards, for the BDSM poeple thiers is blue/black/red/white whlist the leather only thiers represented in brown black and white, the BI's are purple with either up or downward triangles. and the transgender has pink and blue combined.....

i hope i gave as much depth of information i can give....
 

Fly Free

New Member
Originally posted by javapride
well there is 5 sets of colors that I know represents the gays and lesbains the rainbow represents the over all of the soicety, gay,lesbain,bi,transgender that is strongly unified as one for the lesbains the pink color and triangle downwards is represented in that color for the gays thier's blue with triangle upwards, for the BDSM poeple thiers is blue/black/red/white whlist the leather only thiers represented in brown black and white, the BI's are purple with either up or downward triangles. and the transgender has pink and blue combined.....

i hope i gave as much depth of information i can give....
at least u knew more than i did LOL -- gracias for the in depth explaination --

wait a minute -- i just noted u said 5 when it shouldve been 6 colors in the rainbow -- what happened ot the 6th qq
 

javapride

New Member
Originally posted by Fly Free
at least u knew more than i did LOL -- gracias for the in depth explaination --

wait a minute -- i just noted u said 5 when it shouldve been 6 colors in the rainbow -- what happened ot the 6th qq
when i said 5 different sets i meant each flags not the colors in that aspect
 
K

kuifje75

Guest
Originally posted by Xero
Thanks, I'm glad someone understands what I'm trying to point out. He, by the way.

And if you said "This is soooo gay!" I'd probably say something stupid like "Gay is not a derogatory term, nor should you use it as one". I just generally dislike using the term "Gay" to describe something other than a person. Same with Faggot or whatever. I dunno, I'm just weird like that.

Edit - spelled "derogatory" wrong. Heh. Like I said, I'm weird like that.
Yeah, I agree with you completely about the usage of "gay" as a derogatory term. I was trying to make a point by using that phrase, because I hear it all the time and makes no sense to me. I sometimes tell people "Yes, I feel gay today!" (as in happy, double meaning ofc). LOL
 
Top