GameStop

farewell65

LOL at Homer Simpson
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if that store accepted trade in on any DVD?

I was wondering if that store accepted trade in on any DVD?

Yup, it's probably accepted but you only get credit for that, no sell DVD for cash anymore due change in store policy, don't know why.

Yup, it's probably accepted but you only get credit for that, no sell DVD for cash anymore due change in store policy, don't know why.

yea was planning to trade in for store credit but I did ask cashier yesterday and he said no, seems he hates me already after I gave him some hard time on trade in on my PSP system and some games

yea was planning to trade in for store credit but I did ask cashier yesterday and he said no, seems he hates me already after I gave him some hard time on trade in on my PSP system and some games

How did you gave a hard time to employee at Gamestop? I had seen some of employees are unfriendly or bad attitude, also I know if store policy said it's ok to sell DVD for in-store credit and cashier reject you then you need call home office at Gamestop headquarter or try go different location.

One of consumer act so asshole after I tried sold my PS3 in last year and I was like WTF at him, I asked employee about what happen and found it was insult then I went appealed at consumer's face and almost into attack but stopped by employee and told consumer to leave. :roll:

How did you gave a hard time to employee at Gamestop? I had seen some of employees are unfriendly or bad attitude, also I know if store policy said it's ok to sell DVD for in-store credit and cashier reject you then you need call home office at Gamestop headquarter or try go different location.

One of consumer act so asshole after I tried sold my PS3 in last year and I was like WTF at him, I asked employee about what happen and found it was insult then I went appealed at consumer's face and almost into attack but stopped by employee and told consumer to leave. :roll:

look like cashier doesnt like to write on paper with me by communication and I asked him few questions cuz I want to know also I was little mad at GameStop for not accepting GTA Triolgy trade in, so good thing for me cuz I have 2 GameStop nearby to me, so I will go to other location today to see whats up...

ah damn, he should be fired and maybe all cashier/workers are tired of many customers trade in or whatever

My Gamestop store in my town dont accept DVDs trade in anymore because most people dont really buy dvds from Gamestop...mostly games, so DVD movies dont really sell well. Thats why.

look like cashier doesnt like to write on paper with me by communication and I asked him few questions cuz I want to know also I was little mad at GameStop for not accepting GTA Triolgy trade in, so good thing for me cuz I have 2 GameStop nearby to me, so I will go to other location today to see whats up...

ah damn, he should be fired and maybe all cashier/workers are tired of many customers trade in or whatever

It made no sense for him not accepting the GTA trilogy trade in since its a game. They would only trade in games not movies.

Yes, they give you store credit... and very little.

It depends on the demand for the DVD and if they have the DVD.

If they already have it and no one bought it, then they will probably give you very little for it.

If it's a most-wanted DVD and they think they will sell quickly, they will give you more for it.

Don't be surprised if they give you $1 or $2 for it. :dunno:

Gamestops vary from location to location. When I was in DC, I tried to avoid the Gamestop and EB near Gallaudet, mostly because of the employees. They seemed to dislike dealing with deaf people, and a lot of times were slow in their service, and I would stand in line for 10-20 minutes. Now that I live in Oregon, the EB and Gamestop at the mall are much better, friendlier, and quicker in service.

I don't know if Gamestop accepts dvds anymore, maybe for credit only like FoxRac said, and I'm pretty sure they stopped accepting PSone, N64, etc, and maybe now only accept 'current gen' games for 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, and DS. This probably is due to the fact that most of their stores are not large, and cannot carry too many games, accesories and systems. Try Ebay, or Cheapassgamer.com, or google for various sites or stores.

2 days ago, I went to other location of GameStop in DC and cashier says no longer accepted trade in of any DVD oh well

Sell DVDs and games thru Ebay. You will able to make more money than Gamestop or EB buy your games or DVDs.

Sell DVDs and games thru Ebay. You will able to make more money than Gamestop or EB buy your games or DVDs.

few DVDs arent good deal on eBay that I sell them few days ago also GTA Trilogy isnt sold on eBay so I am stucked plus I just wanna get rid of all games at GameStop for store credit to buy Xbox 360 later

Back