Votes: 15 34.9%
  • RIT

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • NTID

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters
Oh okay, I stand corrected on some aspects.

However, I emphasized that Washington, DC did not exist during Revolutionary War. Neither did Gallaudet University. Gallaudet University was founded in 1864. You see, it happened only FOUR years after the city of Washington, DC was developed and expanded. Therefore, Washington, DC cannot be named as one of the thirteen colonies.

Yes, Maryland was one of the original 13 colonies, but not the District of Columbia. I'm not talking about the land. I'm talking about the name of the location.

Last edited:
Aphrodite said:
Ahem - nothing new about the debate between Gally and NTID/RIT...

I just wanted to IMPOSE that both are GREAT schools and I went to both of them during my college years and I personally thank for each college for my personal growth.

I just liked both Gally and RIT in each way. Both is different, yes -and both have pros n cons... so you can shoot any questions about each college as well... in case you are curious.

Speaking of teachers - it DEPENDS on WHO you take for the classes... students will give advice to each other, whom to take or whom to avoid for the courses and its teachers, vice versa.... some majors are *glup* easy, but some majors are good at Gallaudet...

and I was so surprised that my graduate school level professors at Gallaudet are quite challenging enough.

I will root for both educational institutions, anyway!

Well said!!! :thumb:

I had been tired of seeing the useless bickerings over Gallaudet University and NTID/RIT because they went nowhere. And, they
are not helpful for high school students who are considering which college they want to attend.

Both Gallaudet University and NTID/RIT are very good!

Todd said:
Hello.

I myself attended Gallaudet University. The best 4 1/2 years of my life. I naturally refer any bright Deaf student to explore the possibility of enrolling at Gallaudet.

NTID/RIT is okay, I suppose. I've visited there a few times and I don't remember being that impressed. Being a Florida native, I declined to enroll at NTID/RIT due to their notorious winter weather, and Gallaudet wasn't that bad.

Enjoy.

Yo Todd!

It is great to see you post your messages in a forum again! ;)

It certainly almost likes our ol' good times in Whatsup notes conferences where I used to be one of their moderators on bloaty VAX eh?!

I would like to contact you thru private messages if possible. Go Canes Go! :)

vvti low rolla said:
Gallaudet teachs students in h.s. levels which they SUCKS. Socials...too dangerous bec niggas control d.c.

i ain't a racist..

and

ntid...it's best...i dunno why i said...just bec my homies live in rochester haha

You got a whole wrong picture about Gallaudet University and its surrounding area.

Geez, the social life at Gallaudet had been so good for me and I enjoyed every moment of it.

You got your facts wrong. During my years at Gallaudet University, I had no problems with those Black people and we got along fine. Like LadyDuke said, they were friendly to me and treated me well.

There is one thing that I hate about Washington, D.C. most and it is hot, humid summer weather. I grew up in Canada and I was accustomed to cold weather. Hey, my best memories at Gallaudet University far outweighed those hot humid summer weathers that I had to bear with. :)

The best memories at Gallaudet University are what I count!

I bet Todd, my old friend is nodding agreeably with me. :)

Aw, I still miss good ol' Gally! :thumb:

I chose RIT since RIT is the main campus for NTID. Dunno why theres 3 choices.. Should be Gallaudet or RIT.

Why RIT? I just went to Gallaudet yesterday for a emergency trip. I was suprised of the location, and the college was dirty, dorms smelt bad, things looked unhealthy there..

While RIT is more of technology college, and more advanced than Gallaudet. I have heard so many many negative comments on about gally. and yet so few almost none about RIT.

If they changed the location of gally, Im postive sure it would be much better place. The president of Gallaudet, I. King Jordan, has been President over there toooooo long.. They need a change.. big time...

Shibby said:
If they changed the location of gally, Im postive sure it would be much better place. The president of Gallaudet, I. King Jordan, has been President over there toooooo long.. They need a change.. big time...

Huh? You want to see a hearing person take over my fraternity brother's position?! Get real...

Gallaudet university has been much better under him lately.

I am sure that there are some very qualified Deaf ppl with outstanding academic credentials over the U.S. that will take over him when he retires.

Or...

Here comes Deaf President Now II!

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

Deaf President Now veteran!

KingCobra said:
Huh? You want to see a hearing person take over my fraternity brother's position?! Get real...

Gallaudet university has been much better under him lately.

I am sure that there are some very qualified Deaf ppl with outstanding academic credentials over the U.S. that will take over him when he retires.

Or...

Here comes Deaf President Now II!

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

Deaf President Now veteran!

Huh what do you mean by that?

I hope Gally doesn't get a hearing president replacement....

I totally agree with Shibby....i just started Gallaudet few weeks ago....Didn't like it very much and hopefully transfer to RIT 2nd semster.

SO far...with my experience with RIT... its annoying when you're in one of the colleges in RIT- (not NTID)

we have to pick the classes that are NTID supported for interpreting services and so on... it really sucks because like there would be 10 Intro to Psychology courses being offered and only 2 would be NTID supported and its really hard to schedule the classes together that are NTID supported :(

Cricket said:
SO far...with my experience with RIT... its annoying when you're in one of the colleges in RIT- (not NTID)

we have to pick the classes that are NTID supported for interpreting services and so on... it really sucks because like there would be 10 Intro to Psychology courses being offered and only 2 would be NTID supported and its really hard to schedule the classes together that are NTID supported :(

OH really, that sucks, did you talk to your counselor about that?

Personally i think that should not happen, since you should be free to choose any classes, and they are required to provide the interpreter no matter what. And i think thats the law, not so sure tho. check with somebody again on about that.

Gallaudet_07 said:
I totally agree with Shibby....i just started Gallaudet few weeks ago....Didn't like it very much and hopefully transfer to RIT 2nd semster.

FYI: RIT have only quarter system not semester system.

Cricket said:

I know exactly how you feel! I have that exact same problem. Last Spring, I registered for three courses. Two of them couldn't provide interpreters so I had to change to different courses and times. I registered for one that was at a different time and another as a different course instead. A month later, without notifying me, they canceled the course that I chose that was at a different time. The only other class I could take was a liberal arts course. The one I wanted was two sections, one being for concentration/minor and the other being for major. I needed it for concentration and that section was full. The other section was still open and I couldn't get in that one. I had to go to class and inform the teacher in person to register me since there was still an opening in that class. Yes, both sections were taught by the same teacher in the same room at the same time... only different types of students. Well, I finally got that class and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again next quarter... argh!

Hello.......Does anyone know the website for RIT/NTID...I am current a Gallaudet student....I'm fed up with gallaudet...and wants to leave there 2nd semster and what are their requirement to transfer credits to RIT/NTID???

Gallaudet_07 said:
Hello.......Does anyone know the website for RIT/NTID...I am current a Gallaudet student....I'm fed up with gallaudet...and wants to leave there 2nd semster and what are their requirement to transfer credits to RIT/NTID???

well you can get in spring quarter- the winter quarter at RIT will start after thanksgiving and I assume gally wont be done until christmas time so you can take a break then go to RIT during the spring quarter or wait and take full year courses instead of taking them all over again and TALK TO YOUR COUNSELOR- thats what they are for :)

All this talk, and NOTHING about CSUN (California State University, Northridge). NTID and Gally are given federal funds to recruit students from all over the country, but CSUN has the third largest deaf college population in the U.S., AND it's located in sunny southern California near Los Angeles.

The range of majors and the quality of the teaching at CSUN is unsurpassed by most other universities. 30,000 students to interact with, over 60 different majors and concentrations to choose, and the support of the National Center on Deafness for interpreting, and other classroom needs.

The only unfortunate thing about CSUN is that since the university doesn't sanction making things "easier" for deaf people, some peeps have come to CSUN only to quit and go back home because it's "not as easy" as Gally or NTID. But hey, we've got an awesome reputation for the arts, theatre, business, liberal studies (teaching) and deaf studies, BECAUSE the people who graduate with those degrees have gone on to great careers in their fields.

I wonder who is the fourth and fifth Deaf college/university??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back