Gallaudet under fire after official placed on leave over ballot signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chief Diversity Officer Job Description:

Chief Diversity Officer Job Description | eHow.com

What Dr. McCaskill's pastor has had to say:

Press Release: Dr. Angela McCaskill (Reid Temple AME Church)

allow me to highlight a quote:

Not only has her own family been victims of threats and intimidation - but 110,000 other signers of this petition were named publicly, and a door to door "campaign of intimidation" took place. GLBT supporters went to their private homes and confronted these people - calling them "haters".

That is not civilized. It is also illegal.

Gallaudet Suspension Could Mean A Lawsuit

How you know about GLBT supporters went to homes and confront to people who did sign the petition? You better not mention my name. :mad:

I think it is the possible conflict of interest. I don't think her freedom of speech rights are being violated, no one is saying she can't hold these views or speak about them. BUT having views like this......are they well suited for someone who is the Chief Diversity Officer? I think it if she held another position this wouldn't have had happened.

edited to add.......freedom of speech gives you the right to say whatever you want.....it doesn't however mean there will not be repercussions for what comes out of your mouth.

Firing a Chief Diversity Officer for being a Christian is a clear message that Christians are not welcome at Gallaudet.

I think it is the possible conflict of interest. I don't think her freedom of speech rights are being violated, no one is saying she can't hold these views or speak about them. BUT having views like this......are they well suited for someone who is the Chief Diversity Officer? I think it if she held another position this wouldn't have had happened.

edited to add.......freedom of speech gives you the right to say whatever you want.....it doesn't however mean there will not be repercussions for what comes out of your mouth.

Any person who holds any political position would be a possible conflict of interest by the opposing political position. Firing the person because they hold an opposing political position is clearly a violation.

How you know about GLBT supporters went to homes and confront to people who did sign the petition? You better not mention my name. :mad:

It made international news. People in Greenland know about it.

It made international news. People in Greenland know about it.

Where is source to support your claim about GLBT supporters?

I think you are using wrong words.

Firing a Chief Diversity Officer for being a Christian is a clear message that Christians are not welcome at Gallaudet.

She isn't place on paid leave because of her religion but it is conflict of interest to work in diversity position.

A Chief Diversity Officer's job is to welcome EVERYONE including married gays/lesbians with an open mind so Angela is the wrong person for it whether she is a Christian or not. PERIOD!

Any person who holds any political position would be a possible conflict of interest by the opposing political position. Firing the person because they hold an opposing political position is clearly a violation.

interesting. You've made some interesting jumps there. Claiming she's "fired" which remains to be seen, because she's Christian is a stretch, a big one. Not all people opposed to same sex marriage are Christian, and not all Christians are opposed to same sex marriage. You're making unfounded assumptions.

She's not a politician, she is not an elected official. Nobody voted for her to be in her position because they feel she represents their interest best. She was hired by Gallaudet, and they are completely within their rights to examine whether or not she is the right person for that particular position.

interesting. You've made some interesting jumps there. Claiming she's "fired" which remains to be seen, because she's Christian is a stretch, a big one. Not all people opposed to same sex marriage are Christian, and not all Christians are opposed to same sex marriage. You're making unfounded assumptions.

She's not a politician, she is not an elected official. Nobody voted for her to be in her position because they feel she represents their interest best. She was hired by Gallaudet, and they are completely within their rights to examine whether or not she is the right person for that particular position.

Yup, he mentions word "Christians" improperly because not all Christians opposed to gay marriage and there are some people opposed gay marriage for other reason than cite the religious reason.

Not really a jump at all. We know she is a Christian. She attends an AME church, where she signed the petition. She signed it after her pastor preached about same sex marriage

Black pastors withhold support for President Obama over same-sex marriage | Fox News

The group, which has created a petition on the issue, also called on the African Methodist Episcopal Church to denounce the president's actions.

^the above article was published the month that Dr. McCaskill signed the petition

So, no, it is not a jump to claim she is being fired for being a Christian. It is not even a stretch. It is why she was fired (on leave is the first step), for making her views known when she signed the petition, in church, after her pastor preached.

She was hired by Gallaudet based on her qualifications to perform her job. Are her qualifications under question? No. Her political and religious views are.

Everyone gets it. The Governor of Maryland gets it, her pastor gets it, supporters of same sex marriage get it. That is why Gallaudet is under fire from both sides of the debate.

Galludet U is suppose to be OPEN minded for everyone. Therefore she works there and its joking.

Everyone includes members of the AME who express their views?

So what? there are a large number of africian people in DC as well. I respect their views so let gay people have the same rights. SO AME needs to respect them in same way as we respect them.

Anyone could have signed her name, or put her name in the petition that did not like her at all. The university reacted too strong on their stance and I do see this as a lawyers feeding frenzy on her side to get her case in to sue the state of Maryland and even get more in damages if she ends up losing her job (shes only on PAID LEAVE). I'm sure Gally consulted with their lawyers before taking any action however its the petition part that is so stupid as it does not require ID, to prove who you are when you sign itshe can sue the state itself and Gally in a separate lawsuit in my opinion.

Who would challenge me if I was signing a petition and no one knows who I am online I could have signed someone elses name, or added multiple names on the list to get more votes. POLITICS is very dirty dirty and lobbyists some of them will do dirty business to get their goals met.

Not really a jump at all. We know she is a Christian. She attends an AME church, where she signed the petition. She signed it after her pastor preached about same sex marriage

Black pastors withhold support for President Obama over same-sex marriage | Fox News

^the above article was published the month that Dr. McCaskill signed the petition

So, no, it is not a jump to claim she is being fired for being a Christian. It is not even a stretch. It is why she was fired (on leave is the first step), for making her views known when she signed the petition, in church, after her pastor preached.

She was hired by Gallaudet based on her qualifications to perform her job. Are her qualifications under question? No. Her political and religious views are.

Everyone gets it. The Governor of Maryland gets it, her pastor gets it, supporters of same sex marriage get it. That is why Gallaudet is under fire from both sides of the debate.

if somebody filed a formal complaint against her, what do you think how it should be handled?

A Chief Diversity Officer's job is to welcome EVERYONE including married gays/lesbians with an open mind so Angela is the wrong person for it whether she is a Christian or not. PERIOD!

diversity should also include both people who are against gay marriage and people who support gay marriage.

diversity should also include both people who are against gay marriage and people who support gay marriage.

Right. However, those people (diversity) against gay marriage. then it is a Big no no. :aw:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back