Gallaudet looking for a new President

DURAY

Reaction score
Presidential Search Process 2009 now have an application for President of Gallaudet University.

I wondered if hearing people can be president of Gally??????????????? or more protest by the deafhood crew at CSD-Freemont.

I thougt was already taken care of since K.I Jordan retired few years back?

Like putting an Italian in charge of a Chinese restaurant.....

I thought they already had picked someone???

Robert Davila has been the Interim after a protest removed Jordan's pick for new President. Now the process is re-opened and promises to be more transparent.

Here we go again.

I won't be surprised if they start another protest after the next president is chosen.

The first protest was because the president wasn't deaf.

The second protest was because the president wasn't deaf enough.

I wonder what the third protest will be about? ;)

Here we go again.

I won't be surprised if they start another protest after the next president is chosen.

The first protest was because the president wasn't deaf.

I wonder what the third protest will be about? ;)

too deaf?

i've never been good at these quizzes.

Actually not Deaf enough. Now Dr. Fernandes is a provost at a hearing university in NC.
Gally-L net mentioned many deaf minorities students are transferring there or to NTID or CSUN.

he is president. interim was removed. there was a big ceremony in whcih he was the president without interim. I once sat at a table without realized Davilla's wife was sitting there the WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!!

Robert Davila has been the Interim after a protest removed Jordan's pick for new President. Now the process is re-opened and promises to be more transparent.

I have met the deaf president, K.I.Jordan, during my visit at Galladuet excatly, ten years ago. He was a good president.

Gally has gone through ANOTHER President?!

Yes hearing people can apply for the job at Gally, and Gally actually had only hearing Presidents up until the DPN Protests in 1989 I believe (my year could be off, I was very young when this happened). Given that, Im betting the student body is wanting a deaf president and rightfully so.

Also adding I know it is not up to the student body to decide who's president but it is however up to the Board of Trustees that makes that decision.

Back