Gallaudet and CI or oral students

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearSky

Reaction score
I am curious. I have been told that Gallaudet's students are more Deaf Power and real Proud of their Deaf culture. This is what I have been told.

I am curious though. I know things have changed, and I know that not just Deaf people who only use ASL goes to this school. I know that there are CI users or oral students who go to this school.

Well, I am curious if you have been there, why do oral or CI students go to Gallaudet being aware that the school may have people who do not accept CI or students who speak?

Also, how well do Deaf students who use ASL accept those who are not like them because they have a CI or grew up oral or uses S.E.E. or Pidgin or anything different from the ideal Deaf students?

I am curious. I have been told that Gallaudet's students are more Deaf Power and real Proud of their Deaf culture. This is what I have been told.

In the past it used to be. I assume it's becoming less and less because more and more mainstream graduates attending Gallaudet now. Was also told that there is roughly 50% mainstream and 50% deaf students there.

I am curious though. I know things have changed, and I know that not just Deaf people who only use ASL goes to this school. I know that there are CI users or oral students who go to this school.

Speaking of CI, I'm not sure yet since I left Gally in last May 1990 so times changed indeed. Maybe someone who attended there as of recent times could answer this.

Well, I am curious if you have been there, why do oral or CI students go to Gallaudet being aware that the school may have people who do not accept CI or students who speak?

Duh

Also, how well do Deaf students who use ASL accept those who are not like them because they have a CI or grew up oral or uses S.E.E. or Pidgin or anything different from the ideal Deaf students?

Not sure about this part either... but we know that the Gallaudet admission policy requires that they must have at least moderate ASL skills to qualify and enroll. I met the lady who works in that office told me that at a ball game (almost two yrs ago).

Well, I appreciate your answer.

I do not get the response where you wrote, "Duh." Could you clarify?

I am thinking either they are brave to face being stereotyped or something else. I don't know the answer, but I didn't understand your response.

but we know that the Gallaudet admission policy requires that they must have at least moderate ASL skills to qualify and enroll.
they do have the new signers program!

Well, I appreciate your answer.

I do not get the response where you wrote, "Duh." Could you clarify?

I am thinking either they are brave to face being stereotyped or something else. I don't know the answer, but I didn't understand your response.

Perhaps frustrated and exhausted from trying to keep up in an oral only environment all of their lives, and are exercizing their freedom to choose the environment they wish to be in rather than having it imposed on them.

Perhaps frustrated and exhausted from trying to keep up in an oral only environment all of their lives, and are exercizing their freedom to choose the environment they wish to be in rather than having it imposed on them.

I am looking for a real answer from people who have communicated with those they were friends with or themselves. Those that have been there. That would be a more accurate answer.

Not that of sarcasm.

I am looking for a real answer from people who have communicated with those they were friends with or themselves. Those that have been there. That would be a more accurate answer.

Not that of sarcasm.

That wasn't sarcastic. It was an answer from a person who has communicated with those I am friends with. It is very accurate, indeed.

Again with the defensiveness. You will never know when you receive an accurate answer if you judge the quality of that answer based on the person posting it.

That wasn't sarcastic. It was an answer from a person who has communicated with those I am friends with. It is very accurate, indeed.

Again with the defensiveness. You will never know when you receive an accurate answer if you judge the quality of that answer based on the person posting it.

Perhaps because I have lost respect for you, I don't even find anything you say as of quality answer.

Maybe the person wants to attend to Gually with sole intention to get an education.

Perhaps because I have lost respect for you, I don't even find anything you say as of quality answer.

Then that is your loss. You are seriously limiting your ability to access quality, accurate information based on your own predjudice. Givent hat you choose to limit your knowledge in that way, any research you do on any topic is invalid.

Like I said, you are judging the accuracy of an answer based on who has provided it. Very, very superficial of you.

Then that is your loss. You are seriously limiting your ability to access quality, accurate information based on your own predjudice. Givent hat you choose to limit your knowledge in that way, any research you do on any topic is invalid.

Like I said, you are judging the accuracy of an answer based on who has provided it. Very, very superficial of you.

Superficial? I think you're a hypocrit, and a disrespect to others who don't think like you=prejudice. Only your answers are always right to you because of your so-called research, accurate and all the bleep you mention. Your ego is so inflated you won't even have listen to others answer different than your own.

Face it, if you were so rightful, no one would disagree with you. Get real and learn to get used to it because even researchers get doubters. Yet, it requires people like you to learn to respect others thoughts that is unlike yours without trying to win every answer to satisfy your own.

You can have your thoughts and research, but learning to respect others thoughts is another thing you lack.

Superficial? I think you're a hypocrit, and a disrespect to others who don't think like you=prejudice. Only your answers are always right to you because of your so-called research, accurate and all the bleep you mention. Your ego is so inflated you won't even have listen to others answer different than your own.

Face it, if you were so rightful, no one would disagree with you. Get real and learn to get used to it because even researchers get doubters. Yet, it requires people like you to learn to respect others thoughts that is unlike yours without trying to win every answer to satisfy your own.

You can have your thoughts and research, but learning to respect others thoughts is another thing you lack.

My, my, but you are an angry person. Was the above post meant to be respectful? Because if so, you failed miserably in your attempt. I will remind you that one gets back what one puts out.

Regarding your assessment on disagreement: Nothing could be further from the truth. People disagree for numerous reasons, usually the least of which is being right or wrong. Mostly they are misinofrmed, or simply predjudiced, as you have so obviously demonstrated yourself to be.

Obviously, you aren't looking for real answers, but for answers that agree with your own thoughts. That can hardly be classified as learning.

I just got the answer to who you are:

Regarding your assessment on disagreement: Nothing could be further from the truth. People disagree for numerous reasons, usually the least of which is being right or wrong.

Then you say:

Mostly they are misinofrmed, or simply predjudiced, as you have so obviously demonstrated yourself to be.

Typical of you.

I don't need to further say anything to you.

I just got the answer to who you are:

Then you say:

Typical of you.

I don't need to further say anything to you.

Guess your thread will simply fade into the sunset, then.

And the reality of the situation is, you have absolutely no idea who I am. But it is typical of you to use superficial and biased criteria for deciding that you do. That is where you are making your gravest error. With the answers you will accept, and with your assessments, both.

If you want valid answers, here's a thought. Ask actual Gally students.

The insight is there. You are simply incabable of looking beyond your predjucice to see it. Sad, really.

Wow, says a lot about you. Overpowering others thoughts. A hearing mom of a deaf child claims to know more than the deaf, hard of hearing, hearing impaired, and other moms of deaf children who thinks different than your own reasons. Calls them prejudice. Wow.

You remind me of someone called SweetMind.

Wow, says a lot about you. Overpowering others thoughts. A hearing mom of a deaf child claims to know more than the deaf, hard of hearing, hearing impaired, and other moms of deaf children who thinks different than your own reasons. Calls them prejudice. Wow.

You remind me of someone called SweetMind.

:laugh2: You really are a miserable person, aren't you?

Is this the way to keep your thread active? Weren't getting many hits on it before, were you. Tell you something?

:laugh2: You really are a miserable person, aren't you?

Is this the way to keep your thread active? Weren't getting many hits on it before, were you. Tell you something?

What about you? Aren't you such an idiot? You must be enjoying with a pina colada.

Now, you think you know why this thread wasn't getting much interest? There's many thread I thought were interesting but didn't get many hits. Tell me what research you found to say why some get many hits in one thread?

I, honestly, thought it might or might not create some interest. I was okay with it, then your idiot answer pulled the rate down even more. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back