Galaxy Note 8 Smartphone

I have the note 8. My first was the note 2 then held out till the note 7 because like many, I frowned at phones with non removable batteries. We know what happen with that Note 7. As I was forced to turn it in...it actually started getting hot on the way to the Verizon store! I was stuck with the Galaxy 7se for a year till the note 8 came out. Of course I jumped on it and have been very happy since. Note 8 battery is great as well as speed. I do use the pen a lot and a lot of its features too.

I am very pleased with the Note 8. however, battery life is not good. But, I do have the ZeroLemon 10000mAh Extended Battery that connects directly to the Note 8. I can easily get two full days of heavy use with the ZeroLemon.

Ignoring the above oddball strange post....

Came to forum to post a question but maybe this thread is as good as anything as it does relate to Galaxy s8.

Anyone know of reputable repair places to replace the front screen of the Galaxy s8. Mine now has a small crack in lower left corner. Phone still works thankfully but the crack is a tad annoying and I'm worried it may 'grow'. Also a chip on the rounded corner.

Samsung Repair costs 219.00... eek. My money situation is still a little precarious for the moment so looking at all alternatives.

Ignoring the above oddball strange post....

Came to forum to post a question but maybe this thread is as good as anything as it does relate to Galaxy s8.

Anyone know of reputable repair places to replace the front screen of the Galaxy s8. Mine now has a small crack in lower left corner. Phone still works thankfully but the crack is a tad annoying and I'm worried it may 'grow'. Also a chip on the rounded corner.

Samsung Repair costs 219.00... eek. My money situation is still a little precarious for the moment so looking at all alternatives.
RE: the oddball post. That poster posts nothing useful. I think he/she googles stuff using search terms from these posts and then just copies-and-paste a totally unhelpful/unuseful response. The words in italics or bold (as is in his/her other posts) I think are the search words used. RME. I mentioned it to the mods.

Do you have BatteriesPlus in your area? When my screen broke last summer (and bad!) I posted on FB asking for suggestions, and was told by everyone to go to BatteriesPlus. They did mine for about $120. It was the best price after calling many places.

Ohh Hmm yes we do- there's one about < 10 minutes from here. I'll have to swing by next week on my days off. (and take my dead hearing aid batteries and see if they recycle).

Thanks! I had seen BatteriesPlus in my google search but wasn't sure. And it's good as I never got a warranty on my phone- as it is even if I did, the warranty would have expired like 3 days before the incident (that always happens to me).

Ohh Hmm yes we do- there's one about < 10 minutes from here. I'll have to swing by next week on my days off. (and take my dead hearing aid batteries and see if they recycle).

Thanks! I had seen BatteriesPlus in my google search but wasn't sure. And it's good as I never got a warranty on my phone- as it is even if I did, the warranty would have expired like 3 days before the incident (that always happens to me).

Off topic but I couldn't resist commenting how I hope I am taking what I bolded right and YOU HAVE GOTTEN WORK! Good Luck that it works out well in the long run!

Yes... it's not a job I really wanted though- nothing related to IT at all and the pay isn't the best...and a lot of physical work. But it's work. I got it through a tip and some help from VR. In the meantime I'm still working on trying to build up my portfolio and improving my coding so I CAN find the job I want :).

I've had my Verizon Note 8 for a year and a half now, and previously used Go SMS Pro to be able to have these long multiple vibrations and brighter/different color LED whenever a message comes in. Since an OTA update last fall, Go SMS Pro no longer worked and I had to revert to the standard messaging app that came with the phone, which only emits a sorry double short vibration bursts and blue flashing LED. Any suggestions?

John

Back