FX tv channel does not have captions

ecp

Reaction score
I've noticed that FX does not have captions for any movie they play on their channel or on demand.

The law states that they must caption television.
http://www.cpcweb.com/caption_common/CC_Its_the_law.pdf

I've written the cable company but they just say that it is Fox's fault since they are sending the signal to the cable company.
Is there anyone we can complain to about the lack of captions? Does anybody else not have captions on Fox channels? I really wouldn't watch any fox channel for news or anything except movies.
Today I wanted to watch Avatar but there were no captions. Just blue people.

FX already have CC for many years.

Something is wrong with your TV or cable company.

I haven had captions for FX in the last two cities where I lived.

I have FX channel and Directv and the closed captioning is working fine.

It must be cable companies or your DVR.

I noticed that too! I saw Avatar on and got all super excited!!! ( I LOVE Avatar omg! ) Since my C.C is always on, I noticed it wasn't on... I looked into the T.V. and it was still set to on. I went in the other 3 rooms of my house with T.V's and none of them had C.C. but all were turned on. =/ I changed the channel and there it was again! Just not with Avatar... =/ Of course not... But, I own the movie, so I just decided to put that in instead... =P I have Brighthouse ( Previously Time Warner ) I'm going to have to pay more attention to that from now on! I never really watch Fox anyway... but still. =P hehe

I have FX channel and Directv and the closed captioning is working fine.

It must be cable companies or your DVR.

Maybe your Fox channels have captions because your username is Fox...hmmmm????

Yeah i get CC on FX networks movies and shows so I think it's an issue with the cable company. See if you can contact them.

Hey, I'm an avid rider myself, got to support Fox! Though I tend to know more THOR supporters... -_-;:ty:

I love FOX, FX, Nat Geo Channel and Fuel TV. FXX will launch on September 2.

I'm really hate Fox News and I think Rush Limbaugh is putting lemonade in my mouth.

My soul hurts knowing he breaths the same air that I do... Even if he is nowhere around me... :(

Howard Stern.... :ugh:

I've noticed that FX does not have captions for any movie they play on their channel or on demand.

The law states that they must caption television.
http://www.cpcweb.com/caption_common/CC_Its_the_law.pdf

I've written the cable company but they just say that it is Fox's fault since they are sending the signal to the cable company.
Is there anyone we can complain to about the lack of captions? Does anybody else not have captions on Fox channels? I really wouldn't watch any fox channel for news or anything except movies.
Today I wanted to watch Avatar but there were no captions. Just blue people.
I just searched that movie for upcoming shows. It will be shown on Aug 10th and 11th on FX channel (I have FiOS) and I noticed there is no CC symbol. So I will have to wait and see (I scheduled it for recording on the 10th) and will let you know.

Back