FWD or RWD or AWD

:laugh2: Good joke you pull right there! :rofl:

Oh oh oh oh my!!! My boys probably will laugh their asses off to see their daddy covered with mud! :rofl:

my suv is RWD and it runs offroading just allright.

it wud be better if i have awd WRX. i would love to see porsche 911 bites the dust from WRX. ;)

Originally posted by deafclimber

it wud be better if i have awd WRX. i would love to see porsche 911 bites the dust from WRX. ;)

Even better than a WRX is a WRX-STi. 300 ponies of 4 banger fury and I'll lauff my ass off when a WRX-STi sends a 911 back to Germany with its tail between its legs

ahh no kidding ? can u bring WRX-gti to here for me ? or Lancer EVO. hmmm !

Both on sale now in the USA

No need for bureaucrat bullshit to bring one in from Japan

wrx isnt awd, its 4wd, I think.

AWD is always on 4x4.

4WD can be turned on and off.

4WD includes low-range gearing that helps a vehicle tackle deep mud or snow as well as more-challenging off-road conditions, such as climbing over rocky terrain or descending steep hills. The vehicle must be stopped or slowed to a crawl to shift in or out of low range, which is done with either a lever or a switch.

AWD has become almost as common as 4WD. AWD lacks the low-range gearing of a 4WD system, but still provides all the traction that's needed for the types of slippery conditions that drivers typically encounter, including inclement weather road conditions and light off-roading. In fact, a vehicle's off-road capabilities are often more limited by ground clearance than by AWD. All AWD systems are full-time, which means you never have to shift between AWD and 2WD modes.

yeah, also 4wd engages when there's slippage, when the axle detected the pressures on it. (for example, doing sharp curves and car tilts putting pressure on tire, and it will engage) They are diagonally connected, not like awds(they are horzionally).

AWD engages ONLY full time 4x4 when slippage detected.

why is 4wd unique?
Engaged 4wd on left sharp curve. (red X is engaged tire)

[X] [X]

[X] [X]

I hope I Am clear.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Justin Sane
wrx isnt awd, its 4wd, I think.

according to subaru.com's wrx-sti, it states

" All-Wheel Drive (AWD) Full-time AWD system automatically distributes power between front and rear wheels based on traction needs. WRX STi models have a Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD) with Automatic Mode. DCCD utilizes a planetary center differential in conjunction with an electronically managed continuously variable transfer clutch. "

Back