Future slp - quick hearing aid & cochlear implant interview questions request

Mehndi

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I have an assignment to interview three people who either wear hearing aids or have cochlear implants. If you have a minute, please consider replying :) I would greatly appreciate your help and insight. Thank you so much!

QUESTIONS FOR INTERVIEW WITH 3 PEOPLE WHO WEAR HEARING AIDS

1. How long have you worn your hearing aids?

2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss?

3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day?

4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids?

5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids?

6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do?

7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer?

QUESTIONS FOR INTERVIEW WITH PEOPLE WHO WEAR COCHLEAR IMPLANTS

1. When did you have the surgery to get your cochlear implant?

2. After you were implanted, how long did it take before you were able to see benefit
from the implant?

3. What situations are best for listening with your implant?

4. What situations are hardest for you when listening with your implant?

5. What complaints do you have about your cochlear implant?

6. Do you feel like your cochlear implant has lived up to what your audiologist and/or
surgeon told you it would do?

7. Do you think you do better with the implant as compared to when you had hearing
aids?

Thanks again!

I have a question: What is a future slp?

1. How long have you worn your hearing aids? Since 2010 off and on and then since 2013 regularly

2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss? Since I was a child. My parents never believed the school hearing tests so just ignored it

3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day? All day

4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids? Yes. I like hearing outdoor sounds again

5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids? I've got domes instead of earmolds at the moment and it's so itchy. Also greasy ears

6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do? Yes.

7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer? I see a very wonderful audiologist who I adore

1. How long have you worn your hearing aids? Since 2010 off and on and then since 2013 regularly

2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss? Since I was a child. My parents never believed the school hearing tests so just ignored it

3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day? All day

4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids? Yes. I like hearing outdoor sounds again

5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids? I've got domes instead of earmolds at the moment and it's so itchy. Also greasy ears

6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do? Yes.

7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer? I see a very wonderful audiologist who I adore

THANK YOU, BananaFana! I really appreciate you taking the time to reply :) It's so helpful!

Back