From cribs to car seats, are your kids safe?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Do you know which children's products to avoid? Are you sure that you use products correctly? in your home
in other homes that your child visits (for example your child's daycare or grandparents' home)
when you shop for children's products (either new or second-hand)
if someone gives or lends you a children's product ?

*Baby walkers with wheels* (Children can be badly hurt while using baby walkers. Children can hurt their heads if they fall downstairs in a walker)

*Baby bath seats *(Many parents like to use a bath seat because it keeps their hands free to wash the baby. But babies left alone in bath seats have drowned. It is never safe to leave a baby alone in the bath, not even for a few seconds. Bath seats are not safety devices.)

*Cribs*(Cribs made before 1986 are dangerous. Some children died in older cribs when the part supporting the mattress fell down and they became trapped. Other babies have died when they slipped between crib bars that were too far apart and their heads got caught)

*Baby gates* (Baby gates are used at the top or bottom of stairs or in open doorways to prevent toddlers from falling downstairs or entering unsafe areas)

Better yet buy the Gate that Screwed to the Doorway Tightly


*Blind and curtain cords* ( Baby's head can be caught on the Cord)

*High Chairs* (Most children are hurt by falling from high chairs when the safety straps are not used)

*Toy box and chests * (Children have been badly hurt when toy box lids fell on their heads or necks)

*Toys and Balloons* ( Some Toys are not Safe for Children) Look at the Toy Box to see the Ages that Children are not allow to Play with.

*Bib ties and pacifiers* (Clip the pacifier on away from Neck) (Bibs...Do not leave your baby alone with a bib tied around his or her neck. This could strangle your baby.)

If you have any other Tips to Give New Parents Please Post... These are Very Important Steps to Learn the Danagerous You can Prevents from Happening.
 

GalaxyAngel

New Member
Cheri said:
Do you know which children's products to avoid? Are you sure that you use products correctly? in your home
in other homes that your child visits (for example your child's daycare or grandparents' home)
when you shop for children's products (either new or second-hand)
if someone gives or lends you a children's product ?

*Baby walkers with wheels* (Children can be badly hurt while using baby walkers. Children can hurt their heads if they fall downstairs in a walker)

*Baby bath seats *(Many parents like to use a bath seat because it keeps their hands free to wash the baby. But babies left alone in bath seats have drowned. It is never safe to leave a baby alone in the bath, not even for a few seconds. Bath seats are not safety devices.)

*Cribs*(Cribs made before 1986 are dangerous. Some children died in older cribs when the part supporting the mattress fell down and they became trapped. Other babies have died when they slipped between crib bars that were too far apart and their heads got caught)

*Baby gates* (Baby gates are used at the top or bottom of stairs or in open doorways to prevent toddlers from falling downstairs or entering unsafe areas)

Better yet buy the Gate that Screwed to the Doorway Tightly


*Blind and curtain cords* ( Baby's head can be caught on the Cord)

*High Chairs* (Most children are hurt by falling from high chairs when the safety straps are not used)

*Toy box and chests * (Children have been badly hurt when toy box lids fell on their heads or necks)

*Toys and Balloons* ( Some Toys are not Safe for Children) Look at the Toy Box to see the Ages that Children are not allow to Play with.

*Bib ties and pacifiers* (Clip the pacifier on away from Neck) (Bibs...Do not leave your baby alone with a bib tied around his or her neck. This could strangle your baby.)

If you have any other Tips to Give New Parents Please Post... These are Very Important Steps to Learn the Danagerous You can Prevents from Happening.
Cheri,

Oh yeah, I've heard about this.. I used to check website tip...
Here's..
Children's safety toys
and also
Car Seats safety tips
There's go...
Wishes you have great luck surf this two site info.
 

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Oh yeah, I am very much aware of that....Doctors/Nurses even give out ' warning ' information about car seats, cribs and etc....in case there had been death or accidents on babies or children....

Good thing to have that kind of information because, One carseat that I used to have wasn't safe anymore...Glad I got to know this before I ever put him in one..... :thumb:
 

Frisky Feline

Well-Known Member
I am aware about it.. THank you for the tips. ;) I tend to check out on the site. I just learned that in europe, prefer to have kids up to 3 years old stay in the rearing seat to change from rearing to facing seat. In usa, up to 1 year along with wiegh and height then change from rearing to facing seat. Oh boy!
 

DeafSCUBA98

Active Member
Also another thing you should do.. when you buy the toys, carseat, high chair, etc for ur baby and kids.. ALWAYS Resigester.. because once you resigester.. and they found a recall and they'll send you a Recall notice in mail to replace it right away. most parents don't resigester and they just throw away the resigester form and babies died from recall issue or seriously injuried.
 

Frisky Feline

Well-Known Member
DeafSCUBA98 said:
Also another thing you should do.. when you buy the toys, carseat, high chair, etc for ur baby and kids.. ALWAYS Resigester.. because once you resigester.. and they found a recall and they'll send you a Recall notice in mail to replace it right away. most parents don't resigester and they just throw away the resigester form and babies died from recall issue or seriously injuried.
Thanks!! I didn't know that part! I should have written that down. I keep looking on site. Oh I ll keep my firends about it. I ll let my dh know. Next time, we buy something and will regrist. ME DUH!
 

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Good Thread, Cheri!

Yes, I take care of good quality for child safety... Make sure which good or bad advantages..... before buy...
 

MsGiglz

New Member
Just want to keep you guys aware of this..

CARSEAT!!!

I was shock & pissed yesterday,(last monday).. My mom came and picked Allen and me up that she babysit for couple hours for my dr appt..

She already had a carseat in her car.. (cosco-alpha omega carseat w/latch).. that she got from my brother/his wife.. that they have extras.. I was struggling to get Allen in.. finally I got him all buckled up.. (that carseat has 4-5 to assembly together like buckle up..) I was like.. UGH!! (said to mom) "Mom, I would recommend this carseat to parents not buy it" She said "why??!?? and its good strudy so child WONT get out him/herself" I said.. yeah but what if the car get into accident or get caught on fire.. how the heck can we get him/her out of carseat... honestly.. its very dangerously..
Also, I told my mom.. that tough shit for parents if the child having fits or want to get out of carseat.. that what displicine for.. Rememer that you whopped our asses to stay in seat ... she said.. uh yeah.. I told her, I thank God that my kids listen me !!! she said I hope not you didnt whopped their asses.. I said no.. simple.. go to police dept .. have one of deputy to explain .. why or important to wear.. :D she chuckled..

So, I told my brother and his wife about the carseat.. they jsut went speechless.......... i hope they think about getting different one..

If you guys have those.. please PLEAAAASSE consider to get different one..

:)
 

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
MsGiglz said:
Just want to keep you guys aware of this..

CARSEAT!!!

I was shock & pissed yesterday,(last monday).. My mom came and picked Allen and me up that she babysit for couple hours for my dr appt..

She already had a carseat in her car.. (cosco-alpha omega carseat w/latch).. that she got from my brother/his wife.. that they have extras.. I was struggling to get Allen in.. finally I got him all buckled up.. (that carseat has 4-5 to assembly together like buckle up..) I was like.. UGH!! (said to mom) "Mom, I would recommend this carseat to parents not buy it" She said "why??!?? and its good strudy so child WONT get out him/herself" I said.. yeah but what if the car get into accident or get caught on fire.. how the heck can we get him/her out of carseat... honestly.. its very dangerously..
Also, I told my mom.. that tough shit for parents if the child having fits or want to get out of carseat.. that what displicine for.. Rememer that you whopped our asses to stay in seat ... she said.. uh yeah.. I told her, I thank God that my kids listen me !!! she said I hope not you didnt whopped their asses.. I said no.. simple.. go to police dept .. have one of deputy to explain .. why or important to wear.. :D she chuckled..

So, I told my brother and his wife about the carseat.. they jsut went speechless.......... i hope they think about getting different one..

If you guys have those.. please PLEAAAASSE consider to get different one..

:)
There could be several reasons for why it was difficult. Perhaps, the child was too big or too small for the seat. Perhaps, it was hooked up in the car wrong, or maybe it's just a bad seat. It could be anything. When kids are too small for the seat, you have to make extra adjustments in order to fit that kid and it can be complicated. When kids are too big for the seat, you have to also make extra adjustments as well as struggling to make it fit. When it's hooked up in the car wrong, it cause cause conflicts with its functionality. I've seen where the seatbelt of the car was hooked up wrong, so it influenced the overhead seat bar not to open completely. Then again, maybe you are right... it's just a bad seat. Have you checked the other things? Most policemen and firemen are trained to deal with these things. If the seat is stuck, they will either cut the strap or break the lock with whatever tool that have on hand. They might even have some training on how those seats work. Remember, this isn't a perfect world out there. There is never a good child's seat. If you were to have one of your own, I'm sure I could prove that yours isn't good. But, it's good for you because you can use it fine.
 
Top