Frequency Transposition Hearing Aids

darkdog

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a few questions about frequency transposition hearing aids. Do they make any that shift the frequency up rather than down for the rare cases where hearing is better at higher frequencies? Also, do they ever have feedback problems? It seems to me that they wouldn't since the frequency coming out is different from that going in, but that's just an assumption. These are just things I'm curious about. Thanks!

Hey guys. I have a few questions about frequency transposition hearing aids. Do they make any that shift the frequency up rather than down for the rare cases where hearing is better at higher frequencies? Also, do they ever have feedback problems? It seems to me that they wouldn't since the frequency coming out is different from that going in, but that's just an assumption. These are just things I'm curious about. Thanks!

There are no transpositional hearing aids that I know of that shift low frequency information to the higher frequency range. This is likely do to the upwards spread of masking that lower frequencies can have, so in essence you wouldn't hear much but a jumbled mess. What is your hearing loss, maybe I can help you find something appropriate.

Thanks for the reply. My hearing's fine, actually. This is just intellectual curiosity, I suppose. I don't know too much about psychoacoustics, so I'll have to read up about frequency masking. Do you know anything about problems with positive feedback in frequency transposition hearing aids?

Back