Free Pictures Of Self Defense Charts....

5. It's a free country, I can do what I want.

Other ways of saying this are: "If you believe in yourself you can go anywhere and do anything," and "trust your feelings and just go with them."

Surprise, guys, (ladies included), your feelings, desires and motivations don't mean a thing to anyone else out there but you. They are not the definition of reality or of right or wrong, and they shouldn't be, either. Who made you God? Sure your feelings are rampant and important and your hormonal desires are a forest fire but if you expect the world to lay at your feet so you can indulge your little self on them then you are so immature as to be a social liability to those of us who are still sane!

Why is it always some manipulative son of a monkey tailed furball who screams at me that he has a right to abuse me because it is a free country? If you are free to start the game by your rules then they are free to finish the game by their own
rules and if that means getting you out of their face by sending you on a vacation in the bandage ward then it is your own fault that it will cost your friends so much in flowers, if you have any friends.

Only the utmost immature selfishness is so foolish as to claim that our political and religious freedoms allow someone to act like a jerk without paying the price. Learn now the easy way or later the hard way but if you play in public you had better
learn to fulfill your desires in acceptable street ways or someone will pin your ears back and swallow you whole.

Not everyone who beats on you is victimizing you; some just may be trying to get your attention to save you from someone much worse. A sparrow was freezing to death in the snow when a cow shit on him. Amazingly the warm pile brought him
back to life and he started to sing and eat the seeds he found. A cat going by heard him and dug him out and ate him. Moral of the story: not everyone who shits on you is an enemy and not everyone who digs you out is a friend. (And also, if living in shit is getting you what you want, don't sing too loud about it, cats are everywhere!)

Another point about this is that feeling right does not mean being right!

Feelings lie to you all the time. Feelings are chemical by-products of life depending on when you ate last, what you ate last, how are you getting along with your lady or at work or being out of work, etc. You use feelings to justify doing what you know you shouldn't do, but if 'feeling like it' makes it right, then anyone is justified to do anything to your scrawny but they want to. Why should you get to be the only one that can do whatever you want because you feel like it?

Believe this guys and get a grip, don't trust your feelings--use your head and control your feelings and make decisions that will get you where you want to go or someone bigger and nastier has a surprise for you.

Variation 5.a. If you believe in yourself then you can go anywhere and do anything.

This sounds cool if all it means is that you should develop your abilities to your best and go with what you know but it is constantly used to justify the most blatant selfishness you will ever hear.

Take your skinny little butt into a bar and grab the best looking lady in there and just have a reality check on whether your confidence and five of years training will make you superman. Being confident is more than being rude, aggressive and
nasty. In fact, most aware people know that nastiness is usually a cover for a lack of confidence and they feel real secure in giving you a lumpy street lesson in politeness.

Just make sure that you are not believing in a fantasy of competence, sometimes called a false sense of security, and are not underestimating your adversary or the victim of your selfishness.

If you want to play hardball then you had better learn how to catch. The Wild West is not the only place that you will always meet a faster gun sooner or later.

6. All cowards and can safely be abused.

Fill in the blank from your personal hate list.

This is 'go ahead and make my day' time, folks. One steeter to go down under 250 pounds of weightlifter-bouncer started with his hands empty and landed on his back with a knife in his hand working on cutting off the guy's ear. No judgment here on right or wrong, just a mention on how little can get big real fast.

Just because your bigotry doesn't allow you to even think the thought that they might beat you doesn't mean that they can't!

More on warriors later but Variation 6.a What you see is what you get is applicable here.

Don't you believe it. Warriors come in all shapes and sizes because it is the spirit that counts, not the body.

Warriors also come in disguise.

Just as every outlaw biker isn't necessarily the toughest person when alone, neither is that older gentleman or young woman
always going to be an easy target.

Street Lies:

1. No one rats.

This rule is broken so much that the only suckers who believe it are the wannabes who are hoping to get a rep. Of course no one (read, very few, really...) rats out a real brother but it is amazing how quickly family ties are disowned when it is
convenient.

To be precise, what I am talking about here is the fact that if you take on some guy who wants to rearrange your face and you whip him, the fun is just starting. The kind of predator low-life that is the first to start trouble is also the first to go to the cops when you end it. Being street tough is not enough if you are not street smart enough to protect yourself from this little game.

Don't trash a jerk in front of hostile witnesses or the judge just might hear, "Honest you honor, we wuz just askin' him the time and he went ballistic on us." Move to a place where witnesses can say they saw him attack you. They should also hear
you say loudly and clearly, "Leave me alone. Touch me and I'll defend myself. I don't want to fight," or something like it. This allows them to be your witnesses if he tries to run the police at you for beating him. If you can't do this then some
people suggest that after you pound him, you take his drivers license as proof that you have his name and number and can deal with him if he goes to the cops. I don't suggest that you do this because it is illegal and because you may now be
entering into that no man's land of escalating violence. Just be aware that the "no one rats" rule won't apply if you trash someone.

2. A good freak-out or berserk will trash anyone.

In a fight, this is the "I just shut my eyes and wail" crowd. For 'wail' you should read, 'flail.' They don't seem to fight much, probably because they know how limited this kind of fighting really is. Now don't get me wrong...I don't claim that a
personal non-martial arts style of hand to hand is empty crap because it doesn't have an Oriental name. A practiced street fighter uses the same old stuff martial artists uses; kicks, punches, trips, grabs, eye pokes and teeth in the ear stuff. (Hey, do you think that Tyson might have read this??)

A freak-out that just flails and does not use fighting stuff is severely limited and won't trash my granny. Now, if berserk is a measure of the emotional content of your style, if it means that you only drop A-bombs, that sounds better. But what do you do when your brother is into some serious jerk behavior that you must physically stop, are you going to A-bomb him? Not everyone you need to get physical with deserves a broken nose.

I train martial arts so I am prepared to try to handle any hassle with less trauma, not more, or at least only as much trauma as I choose is appropriate.

The other thing is that the fighter who can use his emotions and control his adrenaline output can achieve two things a berserk can't do: he can endure and outlast by not shooting his total wad all at once and he can keep control of the finer
aspects of fighting like balance and timing which seem to be the first to go when the adrenaline hits.

If you are going to fight you should do some boxing, kickboxing, wrestling etc. or some serious long term training in a martial art. Say what? You'll just run away? Fine if you can, if there is no one being left behind, if you are not surrounded...but how far can you run? Do you know or did you used to be able to run? Are you a pack a day man, now? If your hangout is getting to be a rough place, start running for your health. The bad guys practice their stuff on you, don't wait till it's serious to start your practice, get your training early or stay to home or someone's gonna jack your diskman!

3. No one has the right to dis you or tell you what to do.

You are rough and tough and can take care of your own-yeah. If you really believe this one then can I have your stereo after the funeral? Right or not, you will be insulted and put down and scorned and heeby-jeebied until you want to puke or carry a cannon. Puking is better. The street doesn't owe you anything much less respect. If you can't take it, leave it or start your trash and get a rep. Just be careful because more than a few biters and growlers have been put away by a knife in the night by smaller but nastier scumbags. I know that not one martial artist gone on the street thinks he is scum but believing in yourself won't keep you alive if you attack the wrong person over an insult, real or imagined; he will think you are scum at that time, and that is what counts. Just because someone is being shitty to you doesn't mean you have to mow them down.

Remember the lesson from suburbia you learned when you were twelve...don't mow over the dog dump!! It explodes in your face if dry or gums it all up if fresh. You step in it and stink for the rest of the day and if the mower bag plugs, it gets all over your hands when you pull out the grass.

Sometime it is better to just go around and ignore it.

4. Buddies don't rip off buddies.

Brothers don't (usually) rip off brothers but buddies do it all the time. Get my drift?

5. If someone calls you out and you go, it is a consensual fight and not an assault, so you can legally trash them.

Well, maybe, depending on the judge you get. If weapons become involved, you can bet that 'consenting' suddenly disappears as a defence. If you severely hospitalize the guy causing permanent damage then more and more judges are following the line that even though he consented to fight, he obviously didn't consent to blindness, losing a kidney or a lung or permanent facial scars etc. so you get sent up. A new case lately put the winner in jail because he kicked the guy and it was obvious to the judge that the guy had only 'consented' to a fist fight...of course the police may have already had a sheet on the winner and were looking for a way to send him up.

More important is the thinking of the police who were called by bystanders when it hit the fan. If the cops hate you already, guess what. If they know you as street cool and it seems consensual and under control, it may not even ever go to court. Don't forget the bystanders all heard you trying to cool the guy out and not fight, right?

Be very careful that your message that you don't want to fight does not talk yourself into a submissive role; just act, don't internalize it or they may jump. Make it plain that if they jump, you are ready to handle it.

6. I'm safe if I 'look' street.

It's not true. If someone is looking at you and drooling, guess what--you just became a civilian. Statistics show that over 90% of assaults come from people just like the victim...the same social class and style, the same economic level and the same race. That means that street people (including rappers, skaters, wannabes, jocks etc.) prey on other street people (including rappers, skaters,
wannabes, jocks, etc.) and being a street person won't save you from street predators.

7. A firearm is a perfect equalizer on the street.

Sometimes written as: "God made men equal, Colt guarantees it."

If you carry a firearm and do not train how to use it, statistics say that it will be taken away from you and used against you. Let's be realistic...how many situations need to be solved with guns? Not very many, (read; none at all.) So weigh the profit of carrying for these very few non-occasions or just for bragging rights against the cost of being busted for possession or carrying concealed. If the street knows you habitually carry, then any time someone wants you down they just crime stopper your little butt away. Don't scorn, it happens! If you give people that kind of power over you, you don't get to cry for momma when they use it.

Really scary Variation 7.a. A firearm makes me superior.

This guy makes a great case for the above mentioned use of crimestoppers. (Hint, hint, hint...) Do you really believe that he will only wave it around to prove how much better he is or will only use it on enemies? Suddenly this upstanding dude, this righteous brother has in his very hand your life or death. With no work, just...dead. Do you trust him that much? Time to take a vacation until his karma catches him because you don't want to share it, that's for sure. Hang somewhere else, this guy's a goner.

If he's so gonzo that he's packing, then the chances are that someone is going to be shooting at him sometime soon. With the current statistics of 3 bystanders going down for every punk that was being aimed at, you don't want to be anywhere near this guy.

You've seen it over and over in every martial arts movie. The hero jumps in the middle of some mob of bad guys and proceeds to beat the stuff out of all of them. This looks really cool. There's always some really stirring music to get the blood moving through the audience. This is often the high point of the movie. This is pretty silly to try in the Real World. Maybe this possibility will come up in your own life, but without the stirring music. How should you handle it? First off, try to forget everything you've learned by watching these Hollywood movies. As your Mom used to tell you when you were little, it's all just pretend. The biggest mistake movies teach is that you can fight multiple people simultaneously (at the exact same moment). The movies often show where the Hero jumps up and kicks two guys in the head at the same time. This is cool when it works but it only works when the movie is well choreographed. So, unless the guys you're fighting are going to stand exactly where you want, this won't work for you. The point to draw from all this is that in many ways, fighting a mob is more like fighting a bunch of individuals. Unless you can defeat each guy in the mob individually, you're not going to be able to defeat the mob. The key is speed. You need to be able to efficiently put down each guy in the mob so you can put down the next one. Efficient, is the important word. As long as you can put down the guy, you should be able to handle the next guy. You need simply be efficient and maximize your aggressive and brutality and pound the bad guys with no mercy and as you fight, find a way to escape and go. Staying for the duration of the fight may not be wise and could land you in the hospital or in the morgue. Fight smart and know when to cut loose and not get yourself more hurt. The key here is to hurt the bad guys really bad and leave a.s.a.p. as you can in a life threatening self defensive situation !!!!

A good self defense motto .....

" We're on our own, and the sooner we realize that and do something about it, the safer we'll be. "

Self defense training never stops learning.

What is Pacifism?

Pacifism is the doctrine of non-violence. It is the philosophy that the use of force is always wrong. It is the credo that one may not hurt or kill another human being even when that person uses physical violence against you or those you love. Pacifists may engage in "nonviolent" resistance -- that is to say, they may actively resist even though they will not use what we would normally consider force -- but they will not fight.

A pacifist would attempt to place himself between his wife and his wife's would-be rapist, giving his life to "protect" her, but he would not actually hurt or kill the rapist. The logical outcome of this scenario is a dead husband and a violated wife (as well as an unbroken chain of violated women in the future).

A group of pacifists might gather together to stand before an advancing army and throw their bodies under the treads and wheels of the invaders' war machines, but they would not actually try to kill any of the invaders. The logical outcome of this scenario is a pile of dead pacifists and a sacked city (as well as an unbroken chain of sacked cities in the future).

False Moral Equivalency

The fundamental flaw of pacifism is that of false moral equivalency. There is a difference between initiated and retaliatory force. If you do not make this distinction -- if you do not see the difference between attacking someone and defending against that attack -- you are, in effect, declaring both attacker and defender to be morally equal. You are saying that there is no difference between the rapist and the raped, the mugger and the mugged, the murderer and the murdered. You are saying that there is no moral difference between the September 11th hijackers and those they slashed to death, no difference between Osama bin Laden and those condemned to be torn and blown to pieces in fiery collisions.

It is very easy to play the part of nihilist, of relativist, wandering in the forest of affected profundity, wondering aloud if a distinction between initiated and retaliatory force can really be made. Anyone actually applying philosophy to life in a practical manner will immediately perceive the difference. Our first social interactions with other children are marked by the distinction, something as simple as understanding who "started it" when two individuals come into conflict.

If we have a verbal disagreement and I strike you, I have initiated force. If we have a verbal disagreement and you tell me you are going to strike me as you take a step toward me and cock your arm, I am using retaliatory force when I strike you before you can complete your attack. All conflicts in life are permutations of these simple examples. While the complexity of these interactions on a national level can make moral judgment much more difficult, it does not make necessary judgment impossible.

Attackers and defenders are not morally equivalent. A moral difference exists between initiated and retaliatory force. That same moral difference exists between initiated and preemptive force (force taken to preempt a credible threat).

Contempt for All Life

Pacifists claim to want peace and believe they adhere to the doctrine of nonviolence because they respect life. The practical results of pacifism, however, are exactly the opposite: a total contempt for life. This contempt extends beyond the individual pacifist to encompass all other human beings.

Anyone who would die rather than use force, particularly when he or she is more than capable of applying the force necessary to preserve his or her life, shows contempt for the gift of that life, for the potential wasted when that life is thrown away. By itself, then, pacifism is a self-immolating doctrine whereby the logical standard of "good" -- to promote and sustain rational individual life -- is discarded in favor of "peace" at any price.

This peace would more accurately be termed unilateral surrender, in which aggressors may hurt and even kill the pacifist before he or she will do more than throw his or her body onto the sacrificial altar of passive resistance. Few invading armies stop invading and go home out of disgust at the overwhelming ease of conquering victims who will not fight back.

This contempt for life extends to the pacifist's fellow human beings. Aggressors are, by their natures, more likely to initiate force against others if they demonstrate a willingness to initiate force against you. If, when confronted with this evidence, you do nothing to preserve your own life, you do nothing to make it more difficult for the aggressor to seek more victims. If all you do is passively resist, throwing your life onto the pyre of symbolic gestures, you are enabling the aggressor through your inaction. The blood of any subsequent victims is on your folded hands.

If an aggressor knew that it was quite likely each victim he chose would fight back, making his aggression an action fraught with risk, he would be more reluctant to strike. If, on the other hand, he could expect his victims to die nobly while resisting him passively, he could take his actions with impunity, knowing that there was no danger to him in his predations.

Are Pacifists Cowards?

Some speculate that pacifists' unwillingness to fight is indicative of cowardice. There are many types of cowardice, however -- some obvious and some deeply buried. I think most pacifists actually believe themselves to be very brave, in that they believe it is much more difficult to refuse to use violence than to hurt or kill another human being.

This is true, in a way. It is much harder to refuse to use force to protect yourself and your loved ones, to guard jealously the gift of your life. This is because it is hard to fight your nature as a human being, to actively resist the logical standard of value for rational human life.

Fundamentally, pacifism is a doctrine, a philosophy, of inaction. What is inaction, then, if not cowardice, however deeply rooted and obscured by the layers of our beings? A given pacifist might indeed be brave enough to speak out and to die, might indeed possess the "courage" of his or her convictions. This is the "courage" to throw one's life away for a given cause, however noble.

Life, however, requires more than a willingness to die. It requires the strength necessary to go on living, to stand and to fight against evil, to actively oppose through forceful action the depredations of society's destroyers. It is not enough to throw one's body under the wheels of the advancing tanks. One must be willing to cover those tanks with fire, lead those tanks into concealed pits, pry open the tanks' hatches and shoot and stab to death those who would seek to subjugate others by force.

Religious Motivations

Some adhere to pacifist doctrines in the belief that this is required of them by the Divine. One may indeed labor under the notion that God (however one chooses to look at it) would ask you to die before standing up for the life that is rightfully yours, before protecting those you love from others who would violate them. What manner of evil, soul-destroying gods would these be?

God loves us and take an interest in human affairs. They are not cold creatures who would ask us to lie down and die simply because one or more of our fellow humans demanded it. To think they could ask this is to show contempt for the Divine itself, to embrace a delusion so antithetical to human life that it is almost a preemptive plea for death.

Religious motivations are irrelevant in considering the practical outcomes of pacifism. Pacifism is both evil and morally bankrupt specifically because it is self-destructive and contemptuous of human life. No rationale, no alleged dictate from the Divine, can change this.

The Alternative to Pacifism

Life is a struggle, but not a bleak one. To live life actively, to live to the fullest of your being, is to stand your ground in the face of the myriad forces and individuals who might oppose you, dominating every space you occupy and driving forward to do what you must, what you will.

To fight those arrayed against you, it is necessary to embrace the arts of war. These are neither evil nor good in and of themselves. They are simply the means to certain ends. You must reject the doctrine of pacifism. You must embrace the alternative. You must steep yourself in the knowledge required to wield the tools of war. You must train your mind and your body in the skills required to accomplish this successfully. You must be prepared to fight aggression, to oppose evil, to take action. You must be willing to settle things.

Physical force is coercion exercised by a physical agency, such as punching a man or shooting him or stealing his property. Initiating force means to START the use of force against an innocent individual, one who has not himself started its use against others.

Since men do not automatically come to the same conclusions, no code of ethics can escape the present issue. The moralist has to tell men how to act when they disagree (assuming they do not simply go their separate ways). In essence, there are only two viewpoints on this issue, because there are only two basic methods by which one can deal with a dispute. The methods are reason or force; seeking to persuade others to share one's ideas voluntarily, or coercing others into doing what one wishes regardless of their ideas.

When you use force, therefore, you attack a person's body (or seize his property) and thereby negate and dismiss as irrelevant his mind (and his conclusions and wishes).

The function of the mind is to perceive reality by performing a process of identification, and integrating the identified evidence into a context in accordance with the rule of an objective methodology (reasoning). This process presupposes a sovereign, volitional consciousness and must be performed egoistically, individualistically, and independently. It cannot, therefore, be forced.

To initiate force -- to, essentially, order a man to accept a conclusion against his own judgment -- is to order him to accept as true something that, according to what he knows, is not true (is either arbitrary or false). This amounts to ordering him to believe a contradiction; it is like demanding him to believe read is green, or 2 + 2 equals 5. One can torture an individual and force him to say these things, but one cannot make him truly believe them. Volition pertains to the act of initiating and sustaining the process of thought. A creature of volitional consciousness -- man -- cannot will himself to accept as true that which he sees to be baseless or mistaken.

Force thus makes a man act against his judgment. The virtue of rationality requires one to think, and then to be guided by his conclusions in action. Force clashes with both these requirements. Force used to change a man's mind acts to stop his mind (and thus make it inoperative as the source of his action). Force used to change a man's action shoves his mind (and thus its process of cognition) into the trash heap of the purposeless.

He who initiates force to change another's mind, therefore, works to detach his victim's consciousness from reality and therefore from life. He who initiates force to change another's action works to detach his consciousness from life and therefore from reality.

When evil bad guys come. Fight back in self defense.

Simple Life Saving Advice:

Attack, attack, attack -- come at your target from every possible direction and press until his defenses overload. Never give him time to recover his balance: never give him time to counter.

Holding down the pillow in japanese culture means not letting someone raise his head. In martial arts, in the course of dueling, it is bad to be maneuvered around by others. It is desirable to maneuver opponents around freely, by whatever means you may. ...Stopping an opponent's attack at the initial outset, not letting him follow through, is the sense of 'holding down the pillow.' ...First, doing whatever you do scientifically, thwart the opponent's very first impulse to try something, thus foiling everything. To manipulate opponents in this way is mastery of the art of war, which comes from practice.
- Miyamoto Musashi

Back