for hearing group only , What is ur comment about deaf group ?

knightwolf68

Reaction score
For hearing ppl only..... What is ur comment about deaf group ??? just curious to compare side from hearing group which post by deaf ppl .. so i decide to post for hearing group about deaf group ...

Hrm... does this make you feel that someone's taking sides? :| That's what I felt when I read your post.

ChelEler said:
Hrm... does this make you feel that someone's taking sides? :| That's what I felt when I read your post.
I don't mind to feel that way ... I just want to hear from hearing's own point of view to get idea... is that crime to be curious isn't it ?

Well, I'm not exactly "hearing". . . however, growing up as I have, I tend to be much more active in the "hearing world" than the deaf one.

I probably come in contact with a deaf person once every 2 months maybe, so like I said, it's not a common thing, but then again, I know ASL, and have no real imparement when it comes to understanding/conversing with a deaf person, so I probably shouldn't even be replying. In fact, I won't say anything about my own personal feeling with the situation, but I will give comments of a friend of mine. . .whom attended a "party" with a majority of deaf people. . .

"They're fucking weird, man"

Sure, that may be a bit harsh, and even competely untrue, but you need to keep in mind the following -- The people were all hopped up on drugs and alcohol, and WERE acting a bit. . . well, insane. And this guy didn't know any sign language, hence, I had to interpret for him non-stop, however, he did admit to having a good time and would be willing to go again. He was just placed in an akward situation, I suppose.

knightwolf68 said:
I don't mind to feel that way ... I just want to hear from hearing's own point of view to get idea... is that crime to be curious isn't it ?

No it's not a crime to be curious. But hey, curiousity kills a cat. :o LOL Good luck. :thumb:

Deaf Group

I have known at least one Deaf person ever since I was 11 years old. I like Deaf people! I'm a bit on the weird side, and Hearing people don't always understand me. Deaf people don't care what you're like. They just want to be friends!

Not sure what you're asking. I like most Deaf people, it's like everybody else in the world. I don't like all Deaf people. I don't like when Deaf people make attacks on all hearing people, as if we're all the same. I also don't like the attitude of some hearing people who don't try to understand or make the effort to include Deaf people. I appreciate Deaf Culture, and feel my life is better because of what I've been exposed to. Most Deaf people are extremely patient w/me and encourage my efforts to learn ASL. Most of the people on this list are great!

knightwolf68 said:
For hearing ppl only..... What is ur comment about deaf group ??? just curious to compare side from hearing group which post by deaf ppl .. so i decide to post for hearing group about deaf group ...

I'm not 100% sure exactly what you mean, so i'm going to reply as i think you mean. This by the way is 1 of the hard things about reading this forum. Many of you type in a way that is hard to read. I know that asl is slightly different, so it might be harder to always get things in the right order, but for someone thats not exactly use to it, it can be hard.

As far as how i feel about deaf people, well 10 years ago i worked at mcdonalds, and a deaf person ordered food from me with a sheet of paper. Flash forward 10 years, and i meet my roommate on yahoo. After several hours of chatting over a few weeks i knew i wanted to meet her (before i even knew how we would communicate). Since meeting her i've seen and met many people at the deaf club here. Yes while some are fucking nuts, others are perfectly normal. It seemed to be just like any other gathering, some old, some young, normal, goofy.... So again i'm not sure what your after, but you cannot all be grouped into 1 listing. The people that i have met, and spent time with have been very enjoyable, and while i do feel uncomfortable being at the deaf club, i still have a good time there. The reason i feel uncomfortable is because its about the only place in my home state i can feel like a forigner being that not everyone speaks english, and not everyone can read my lips.

knightwolf68 said:

btw Knightwolf - no, it's not a crime at all. It's good to ask questions, otherwise you make assumptions about people that aren't true. Ask away!

Megladon said:
I'm not 100% sure exactly what you mean, so i'm going to reply as i think you mean. This by the way is 1 of the hard things about reading this forum. Many of you type in a way that is hard to read. I know that asl is slightly different, so it might be harder to always get things in the right order, but for someone thats not exactly use to it, it can be hard.

As far as how i feel about deaf people, well 10 years ago i worked at mcdonalds, and a deaf person ordered food from me with a sheet of paper. Flash forward 10 years, and i meet my roommate on yahoo. After several hours of chatting over a few weeks i knew i wanted to meet her (before i even knew how we would communicate). Since meeting her i've seen and met many people at the deaf club here. Yes while some are fucking nuts, others are perfectly normal. It seemed to be just like any other gathering, some old, some young, normal, goofy.... So again i'm not sure what your after, but you cannot all be grouped into 1 listing. The people that i have met, and spent time with have been very enjoyable, and while i do feel uncomfortable being at the deaf club, i still have a good time there. The reason i feel uncomfortable is because its about the only place in my home state i can feel like a forigner being that not everyone speaks english, and not everyone can read my lips.

hey :applause: i can read lip! lol

I'm deaf but my hearing friends have found that deaf people are friendly and happy to talk to them for a while but then they lose interest in them as they can't communicate very well. Also, some deaf people I have met have had a very rude attitude towards hearing people and they told my mum off for being at a deaf function because she was hearing! Some hearing people at school used to think that deaf people were incapable of doing anything as their english wasn't that great and their lipreading skills were not good as well as having poor speech skills. But deaf awareness educated them and they soon realised deaf people were normal people but with a hearing impairment which means they may not be able to communicate very well to begin with. Still, quite a lot of hearing people seem very interested in deaf people because of the idea that they can learn another language.

I don't see much difference from the hearing world and the deaf world.

Deaf people tend to be more caring in my point of view.But thats it
Where their are so many Jerks in the hearing world.

Let me share some personal info. My brother who is deaf, feels it is nessary to make friends, which is cool. He gets attached to people who he should not , and is to trust worthy.
He has been taken advantage of time and time again from hearing people, and it pisses me off! I think that most hearing people are not as senstive as most of the deaf.

I am not being judgemental, but this is what I have fount out so far from personal experance.
Hearing people are not as caring as deaf.

My comment

Hi I like this group. I learn alot as I am reading all the posts. I am a coda kid and both of my parents are deaf. I needed to get to know more deaf people other than my parents. I like all deaf people except my parents, Just Kiddin. Growin up, I felt that my parents were against me because I could hear and would choose any deaf person over me. I relized later they were just into their own thing. As I got older, I relized that deaf people were Not like my parents. I guess this group helps me to see that deaf people are not like my parents. I love sign language. I think that it is a beautiful language and it is sad that I was the only one in my family that learned it.

Yeah it is a very nice language.

Hey I met my first Rude deaf person!!! (at of all the people I met)
she cused at me and told me on paper that "You peoplemake me sick"
I work in a bank and the lady was refering to the bank. SO I took no adfence to it.

After I started signing a little, and talking to her, she was happy with me
but pissed off at the bank. someone promised to send her free checks, she never got them. Then she re ordered them, and never got them.
When I checked the computer, on her account their were notes saying they tried to call customer because order information is incorrect.lol
SO I gotten it striaghten for her...BUT I TELL YA!!!!! I hope I never go throw that again!

girlygti said:
Deaf people tend to be more caring in my point of view.But thats it Where their are so many Jerks in the hearing world.
...I think that most hearing people are not as senstive as most of the deaf.
...Hearing people are not as caring as deaf.

I find that people are people. I know many Deaf/deaf/hh people of various ages. Most are very nice people. There are some who are not nice. Same with hearing people. I know most are nice, some are not nice. Most people that I spend time with, hearing or Deaf, are very nice. I guess it depends on who you associate with.

Maybe because of job or school situations some of you are running into more negative people? I think we all tend to remember the negative experiences more strongly than the positive experiences.

Back