For guys only

jazzy

Reaction score
Will you stay home from work up to 6 weeks as maternity leave or goes back to work after child was born? My son stays home and take care of his new child and wife for 4 weeks then goes back to work. His buddies made fun of him. I was thinking when will some people start to accept we do not live back in old days.

nah, nowaday guys are more of taking care of babies than years ago. if guys can handle babies then why not. some guys can't then dont take care of babies. you know? My hubby start to watch kids when kids are not in school since hubby got lots of vacations than mine. My hubby rather kids as a children, not toddlers or babies. :lol:

My dad never went on materiny leave when I was born or when my brother was born. Not sure if it was maybe not an option or maybe he just didn't want to. He's had male co-workers that have gone on maternity leave, though, but they have been younger and have younger children. I'm not sure if I ever will go on maternity leave, because I'm not even sure if I want kids... I've still got many years ahead of me to decide that, though.

I don't think there's anything wrong with both parents taking a "maternity" (which I guess should be called parental) leave. It's more practical. Infants needs to be attended to constantly so it's way too stressful to leave all the responsibility on one parent.

If the assistance is necessary, why not? Alot of guys are taking over non-traditional roles, your son should brush aside or take lightly the humor said to him from coworkers. I myself am the main cook and wash my own damn underwear - no big deal! :lol:

Will you stay home from work up to 6 weeks as maternity leave or goes back to work after child was born? My son stays home and take care of his new child and wife for 4 weeks then goes back to work. His buddies made fun of him. I was thinking when will some people start to accept we do not live back in old days.

????? I thought we do that nowadays. Men are given that option at work.

I have four friends who have given birth the last two years and both mother and father took/will take parental leave! :D Maximum parental leave here is 1 one year/person. My friends (females) stayed home with the baby 0-1 year and then the father took/will take parental leave when the baby was/is 1-2 years!!!

I'd expect my boyfriend to do the same after all he's the father too!

????? I thought we do that nowadays. Men are given that option at work.
Yes men are given that option since 2004, not before then. My son is lucky.. Some men still has not change much even thou they are around my son's age.

I have four friends who have given birth the last two years and both mother and father took/will take parental leave! :D Maximum parental leave here is 1 one year/person. My friends (females) stayed home with the baby 0-1 year and then the father took/will take parental leave when the baby was/is 1-2 years!!!

I'd expect my boyfriend to do the same after all he's the father too!
Wow one year on parental leave. I wish my daughter in law would stay home for one year but they have to pay bills you know. My husband will babysit their kid when she goes back to work in Dec. My son will go back to work next month.

Thank you for the posts, it is really nice to know many guys out there are willing to take time off to be with thier kids. Kids love being around their dad. :)

Wow one year on parental leave. I wish my daughter in law would stay home for one year but they have to pay bills you know. My husband will babysit their kid when she goes back to work in Dec. My son will go back to work next month.

I understand that for many countries the government doesn't pay money to the parents... :( that's a shame! Just look at Swedish parental leave regulations... it's one of the best (if not THE BEST) in the world.

I think if thats what he wants to do then it's nobody's business and those who are criticizing him need a damn life and need to grow up.

True be told, I would stay home as long as work allows me to, given that it does not put my position at risk. My priority is my family and their wellbeing.

I support this, the more children in the family guy should take maternity leave longer. My first son, I had maternity leave for one week. OMG! one week is definitely not enough. Too much stresses. I really do not have choice back then because my son was born just 5 days AFTER I was hired.
This time, I am expectant father, and already made request for 3 weeks off. I have told them that I can be on call if needed and that I am available at that time.

I think 3 weeks is reasonable amount of time, even though 6 months is allowable by FMLA law. There is one catch with FMLA law is that you must have work for them for at least 6 months OR have work more than 1k hours if part-time. Also, remember not to abuse this privileged by law, because IF you actually take 6 months of *UNpaid time off, and the next 6 months you will have to wait 6 months or 1k hours if part time to get another 6 months of unpaid time off. Never know there may be risk of getting sick or disable for even a day, your out of option if already used up 6 months within a year from first day of FMLA leave..

*UNpaid time off means employers are not require to paid. Employer has option whether to offer paid time off as part of benefit or not.

This applies only to USA.

i think ur son is more of a man than these so called men thinking he not a man.... this is a new world... do what ya gotta do... damn if my girl wants to mow the grass while i clean the dishes, i dont give a damn! screw the old world.

Wow, 4 weeks is a long time. But then, that would depend on the wife and her health. If his wife required or needed longer attention due to health problems from post-birth, then that's understandable. Other than that, a week should be long enough. Taking 4 weeks off is quite a long time for anyone to leave work.

many million new mom can stay with baby at home for weeks if you have vagina birth would be one weeks.

and also mother who had c-section for first time will be limit to 6 weeks to 6 months or less if mostly mothers who had first times c-section or mores have scars like bikini.

high profile workers will be limit 3-6 months for maternity leave expect if boss says OK can leave work for expect types of high profiles jobs anchorwoman,teachers,goverment,federal,whatevers on jobs.

family&friend can help new parents for one week or 2 weeks maybe months till says ok to handles on their own in future.

My father took long maternity leave when we was born for about 5 months. I dont know how long exactly but it was at least 5 months. He helped my mum with looking after us and travelling

Your son is an awesome father! Ignore them! :)

Back