For Canadians: Did you buy your TTY from USA?

lemontree

Reaction score
I would like to buy either the Compact C or Q-90 TTY. However, in Canada they are $429.00 and $530.00 respectively from either WIDHH or CHS. That's not including shipping. Apparantly there's no PST or GST on TTYs, at least I don't think!

I'm wondering if you bought your TTY from the USA (where they are listed at half the prices) and if so from where? Did you get it across the border okay or were you bit big time by the customs taxes?

I bought my TTY from CHS as long as the Ontario government covered 75 percent of the cost under the Assistive Devices Program (ADP) which are for Ontario residents only. The program is still in existence at this moment.

I bought my TTY from CHS as long as the Ontario government covered 75 percent of the cost under the Assistive Devices Program (ADP) which are for Ontario residents only. The program is still in existence at this moment.

Oh that is so lucky for you! I'm in BC, and there's no such thing here, especially for non-BC residents. So yeah, those are the prices I would end up paying (I'm pretty sure of that--maybe someone knows more?).

Back