For ASL Students: You're probably not going to learn ASL unless you interact with us

journeyfree

Reaction score
I wrote the following post that is linked below in hopes that it would help ASL students feel a little more bolder about leaving the corners of the room when they come to Deaf socials and actually meeting us earlier and chatting with us.

I am sure a lot of people, like me, have noticed how many ASL students forget what they learned because they didn't practice.

Cliches are cliches for a reason: they're often true. You must use it or lose it. We WANT you to be able to use what you have learned.

I invite ASL students to read this post especially. And I think it will be useful for ASL teachers as well, just as an added resource to share with your students.

http://www.munkymind.com/blog/2016/...ing-to-learn-asl-unless-you-interact-with-us/

Obviously, although this focuses on ASL, the same is probably true for native sign languages in other countries.:wave:

I appreciate this in so many ways, I find it a struggle to help with the deaf, and try to remember everything that I need to for signing in my head, I thank you.

Good points journeyfree.

Christopher, I don't understand what you mean "I find it a struggle to help with the deaf." What is it you are helping them with?

Back