Florida teacher who had sex with three teens sentenced to 22 years in prison

[

In the cases of trying minors as adults, the minors have been accused of committing a crime.e.
Exctly. By some work of magic. Minors ca. Be considered adults if the commit a crime, but17 year old.children, (rolls eyes) can never ever ever consent to having sex...

In this case of the teacher and students, the minor students weren't the ones being accused.e.

im aware of that..so.this magic of yours regarding consent only works if its the accused...i see

Two totally different situations.e.
The situtions are different. but apperently the magic of moving the goal post of consent isnt is it?

You don't know that she would have gotten a lesser sentence for serial raping three people.
She never raped anyone..it was consensual sex....
The very opposite of what rape is.
Your doing a grave dis service to any women who was raped by branding consenual sex as rape

Thats prob true. regardless 22 years in prison for consensual sex is a travesty of justice.

OK...now most Fathers consider their girls "Daddy's girl"...and if a male hurts /molests/rapes them, then there's hell to pay (by the Father)....Suppose the Father went out and killed the 30 year old teacher?...(and it's happened many times)...the majority would say the Father did the right thing!.....and I would agree also...My daughter goes to school to get an education...not Sex by one of her Teachers...

And the same for Boys!...Most Parents would be livid if this was happening to their son or daughter.....

A 17 year old is easily swayed by an adult...and that is what the Teacher did...she preyed upon it...so yes, she is a Predator of young boys.....Boys whose hormones are raging....and if Sex is offered to them...most times they are going to do it.....

OK...now most Fathers consider their girls "Daddy's girl"...and if a male hurts /molests/rapes them, then there's hell to pay (by the Father)....Suppose the Father went out and killed the 30 year old teacher?...(and it's happened many times)...the majority would say the Father did the right thing!.....and I would agree also...My daughter goes to school to get an education...not Sex by one of her Teachers...

And the same for Boys!...Most Parents would be livid if this was happening to their son or daughter.....

A 17 year old is easily swayed by an adult...and that is what the Teacher did...she preyed upon it...so yes, she is a Predator of young boys.....Boys whose hormones are raging....and if Sex is offered to them...most times they are going to do it.....

Roll eyes...
17?Year olds are easily swayed i guess till the turn 18 and the magiC second after they are obviously no longer easily swayed....
o i c....

Roll eyes...
17?Year olds are easily swayed i guess till the turn 18 and the magiC second after they are obviously no longer easily swayed....
o i c....

But...when they become 18...there's nothing that can be done (by Law)....and even at 18...they are easily swayed....

This teacher had 37 counts against her....even became pregnant by one of the boys...so she was not practicing Safe Sex....She was 30 and got pregnant by a 17 year old....who is still in school...no job...and if she had decided to keep the baby and ask for "child support"?...That boy's life is practically over even before its begun.....

If she only had 1 count...I could see probation and losing her teacher's license....but 37?...No way....

Exctly. By some work of magic. Minors ca. Be considered adults if the commit a crime, but17 year old.children, (rolls eyes) can never ever ever consent to having sex...

im aware of that..so.this magic of yours regarding consent only works if its the accused...i see

The situtions are different. but apperently the magic of moving the goal post of consent isnt is it?
No, it's not magic. What age would you pick?

She never raped anyone..it was consensual sex....
The very opposite of what rape is.
Your doing a grave dis service to any women who was raped by branding consenual sex as rape
You brought up the comparison to rape.

I was referring to your statement, "Shw would of got far less for rape…"

I replied, "You don't know that she would have gotten a lesser sentence for serial raping three people."

I didn't say that was what her conviction was for.

I think those who are defending the woman don't realize rape happens to men and male teenagers. In the state of Texas, that would be rape - staturory rape and more. Florida has some similar laws (we often used Florida cases in law school for comparions and lecture).

There is more to the definition of rape than just someone forcing themselves onto you. This means in the eye of the law and society.

Like the prosceutor said, if this had been a male teacher doing this more people would mad. In my eyes, she is a sex offender. Clear and simple.

But...when they become 18...there's nothing that can be done (by Law)....and even at 18...they are easily swayed....

This teacher had 37 counts against her....even became pregnant by one of the boys...so she was not practicing Safe Sex....She was 30 and got pregnant by a 17 year old....who is still in school...no job...and if she had decided to keep the baby and ask for "child support"?...That boy's life is practically over even before its begun.....

If she only had 1 count...I could see probation and losing her teacher's license....but 37?...No way....

Those counts are just trumped up charges...counts of what? Consensual sex?
as for her not practising swfe sex, so on,
Look
This mwy be hard to.fathom
It really does takw two two tango

I think those who are defending the woman don't realize rape happens to men and male teenagers. In the state of Texas, that would be rape - staturory rape and more. Florida has some similar laws (we often used Florida cases in law school for comparions and lecture).

There is more to the definition of rape than just someone forcing themselves onto you. This means in the eye of the law and society.

Like the prosceutor said, if this had been a male teacher doing this more people would mad. In my eyes, she is a sex offender. Clear and simple.

Rape does happen to males..but these 17 year okds are not stating they were raped by her. It was consensual...that is by definition not rape.
Statutury rape laws are just legalese, the law can.decare 17 ywar olds children hell it declared for a long timw blacks werent even peoplw, but the law and reality often dont match.
Im not so much defending her..im more disgusted at 22 years in prison for consensual. Sex...
and that what this was..
I believe prison.should only be for violent crininals..i know im in the minority...
All cool.

. . .
It really does takw two two tango
That's what all the sex perps claim.

"He/she seduced me."

"He/she wanted it."

"He/she came on to me."

"He/she was a tease."

[

No, it's not magic. What age would you pick?

It certainly is magic. What do you call it when a 17 year okd who is turning 18 at midnight, if they hwve sex is considered a victim and a chikd but if they hwve sex a secons fter midnight, is considered fully adult, not a victim, and can consent...if that isnt magic...what is?

You brought up the comparison to rape.

I was referring to your statement, "Shw would of got far less for rape…"

I replied, "You don't know that she would have gotten a lesser sentence for serial raping three people."

I didn't say that was what her conviction was for.

I was trying to illustrate a point. anyway..
As for whwt age i woukd choose...maybe look at why 18 was picked as the magic number for ever single human bieng in your nation to become fully adult..its not just your nation it has roots in britain, anyway....
I dont think a cookie cutter one size fits all solution is apropriate...
We are not cokkies...and one size truly doesnt fit all.
Not in reality anyway..

That's what all the sex perps claim.

"He/she seduced me."

"He/she wanted it."

"He/she came on to me."

"He/she was a tease."

No. Last time i checked thast whats reality and medical science claims...
can ond have consensual sex only with themself?
Besides masturbatiin reba?
can they?
it takes two or more human beings to have sexual intercourse....
Or hws thiw changed?
Pls let me know

Did she do it on school premises if so that was wrong...qualify to be teacher 21 she had sex 38 times over I suppose over one year period she must spent works out well over two three times a month.What I don't understand a yeAr a go she be classed as miner herself re-no alcohol or gambling and she gone from that to this little hypercritical up I not sure I agree with sentence like that
I do accept when send kid to school you send them for education and they not getting one for that I be furious but what the kid say has it messed him up if not it sure is now.i still think with a 17 year old it grey area but younger than 16 then you right

All of you people not agreeing with the sentence, can bitch all you want, but the law is the law, and when you are part of the justice system and writing the laws, you can hash it out with your fellow justice board members. Meanwhile, there is just no debate here, there are however opinions.... and we have tons of those!! :lol:

Just as well got law to decide bc not something I could do.I don't think my country has law like this if has she would lose job go in paper that be it unless it forced each case different.What she did do is demeaning to women giving some boys green flag use women badly.

All of you people not agreeing with the sentence, can bitch all you want, but the law is the law, and when you are part of the justice system and writing the laws, you can hash it out with your fellow justice board members. Meanwhile, there is just no debate here, there are however opinions.... and we have tons of those!! :lol:

Last time i checked. This was a discussiiOn forum. Where all opinions could.be shared amongst us..whithin the bounds of the rules. This as far as i know isnt fascist net. Oe law dog.com..or law is law.net
WE are free to have differing opinions regarding the law here
Im not oppposed to those who worshio the law or bow down to the law...
Coool
But others have free thoughts...and as such both opinions shoulds.be respected..inxeed opinions are likw assholes, everyone has one.

Last time i checked. This was a discussiiOn forum. Where all opinions could.be shared amongst us..whithin the bounds of the rules. This as fsr as ik.kw isnt fascist net. Oe law dog.com..or kaw is law.net
WE are free to hwve differing opinions regarding the law here
Im not oppposed to those who worshio the law or bow down to the law...
Coool
But others have free thoughts...and as such both opinions shoulds.be respected..

You are right! all is cool :lol:

IMO, if the boy was not going home late, his mother wouldn't find out. The teacher kept him too long. That's her mistake. In other words, she should let him go home before his mother became suspicious. What bothers me is how the mother unlocked his son's phone without a password and that he didn't take it with him. Everybody doesn't leave home without their phones, right?

However, Hoichi and others, yeah, 22 years sentencing is ridiculous.

I some what find this a dilemma trying very hardest to fully agree with you reb and rr but I can not..i agree she took valuable teaching time and she was to extent priah of young men but a 17 year old and 22yr old no..if he left school and working this no be a problem and millians of young 17 year old men are with young 22yr old women.In your own country you known for giving 15yr olds an adult prison sentence seems certain hypocracy within the law...I would agree I be furious if my son been at school and screwing teacher rather than getting his exams for university..of course if she been doing this to under 16yr olds different matter.If boy gone to his parents said this caused him great trauma again got a point but 38times that do not sound like boy that traumatized...
After all this media coverage he will be now

Back