florida deaf community?

FYI: I got word by email so just remind deaf Floridians.

There is a Deaf Day 2008 event at Sea World (Orlando) on August 16th, Saturday!

50% off regular individual price ($67.00) so it means $33.50 for each deaf patron and one guest!

Sales counter at the Sea World front gate... opens all day.

DSB Events - Deaf Day at Sea World

Not sure what time it starts and closes? But will try to ask then post it next time asap.

Hello Floridians,

Is there any event to attend in Fort Myers for the month of September ? I would like to meet you guys. My significant other would love to meet new deaf friends, so he can learn their culture and ASL.

Hopefully, some of you can provide some answers. Many thanks! :)

Hello Floridians,

Is there any event to attend in Fort Myers for the month of September ? I would like to meet you guys. My significant other would love to meet new deaf friends, so he can learn their culture and ASL.

No idea for FT. Myers yet. But there shall be an ASL Expo event in Orlando on Sept. 13th, Saturday.

ASL EXPO 2008 | Orlando, FL

Oh my goodness, Maria. You're living in Florida now!!! I used to live in Clearwater, just about two hours north for 20 years! I'm now stuck here at other state but am trying to work on moving back somewhere in Florida state. I really do miss Florida and it's good for my health.

Anyway I looked up on google for your area for deaf. I found a website you might be interesting on check on those out. Try click on Community Events. Also it has all kinds of services going on there. Wish you a good luck.

Deaf Service Center of Southwest Florida

Hello Floridians,

Yeah thanks... I almost forgot to add up that there is a DPHH event on International Drive on Sept. 12, Friday night, a day before the ASL Expo event in Orlando, too.

Haha, you're welcome. Heard there's Deaf Coffee at Starbucks on us-17 (roosevelt blvd) in Jax on Oct 10th. Will try to be there.

Does St Augustine have Deaf Coffee?

I am aware of at least part of the answer to ASL Student's question re: the "big deaf community in Florida" : There are many retirees there. As for the rest, dunno...

It is in Lady Lake, Florida. Deaf / HH 60 residents live in Village. I went there, wow they have restruants, golf, salon, events, etc. etc.... Many eldery deaf people love their life in Village. Their homes are so beautiful but house insurance cost 3,000 to 4,000 a year. Yikes :shock:

Thought I'd start a local meetup thing in Jax/St A's as a social experiment. I'd like to promote having varied discussions a la Oprah style in ASL. It will last for a month (expires Oct 24), and if it is successful, a website will be in development. Membership is free, but you have to answer a few profile questions upon registration.

Saint Augustine & Jacksonville Deaf Utopia (Saint Augustine, FL) - Meetup.com

Had a great time last night in Jax @ Deaf Coffee.

St Auggie DPHH next week:
When: October 18th
Time: 9pm to closed
Where: Mardi Gras
Address: 123 San Marco Ave.
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Phone: 904-823-8806
Website: MySpace.com - Mardi Gras Sports Bar - 34 - Male - SAINT AUGUSTINE, Florida - www.myspace.com/mardigrassportsbar
NEFDPHH

Halloween Party @ St Auggie:
Host: NorthEast Florida Association for the Deaf
Type: Party - Club Party
Network: Global
Time and Place Start Time: Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 10:00am
End Time: Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 2:00am
Street: 611 Boating Club Road

Description
Welcome FSD Alumnus, Community and Friends

NEFAD proudly host Alumni Day/ Halloween Party

At Boathouse Club
611 Boating Club Road
Saint Augustine, FL 32084
(Off from A1A by Vilano Beach)

Saturday, October 25th at 10 am till ?

Lunch Cookout: burgers, hotdogs, chips, etc. will be sold

$5 Admissions after 5 pm

PIZZA Dinner will be sold along with beer, snacks and drinks

Everyone is welcome to have a fun-filled day

Spread the word to your friends and see you all there!

Last edited:
Had a great time last night in Jax @ Deaf Coffee.

St Auggie DPHH next week:

NEFDPHH

Halloween Party @ St Auggie:

Missed last night cuz was quite tired to attend but my wife went.

Might attend St. Auggie's DPHH next Friday but will go to the MSSD game the next day for sure.

Missed last night cuz was quite tired to attend but my wife went.

Might attend St. Auggie's DPHH next Friday but will go to the MSSD game the next day for sure.

Heck, I probably even talked with your wife last night :lol: I talked to a lot of peeps. If you're going to DPHH next week, lemme know. It'd be nice to meet you and your wife (again?).

MSSD?? Isn't that in DC? hehe

Heck, I probably even talked with your wife last night :lol: I talked to a lot of peeps. If you're going to DPHH next week, lemme know. It'd be nice to meet you and your wife (again?).

MSSD?? Isn't that in DC? hehe

Yep! See you there then if luck.

Sorry, DPHH is this Sat, not Friday!! Hmm, can't edit my own post... heh!

Liza, do you know or have you run into a Ms. Debra Boles since you have been down there?

Liza, do you know or have you run into a Ms. Debra Boles since you have been down there?

I'm not sure I recall running to anyone by that name. Is she in the Jacksonville/St Augustine area?

I'll keep an eye out for her, and then go "Aha!" if I ever meet her. Hehe

Back