Flaunting homosexuality in forums? [Don't FLAME me!]

"still the mistake being made in this thread is that it seems a person is only worthy of support and respect as a human being if they keep their behaviour in check? Sorry, that doesn't work."

unfortunately for our society to work as a civilization it is sometimes necessary . . . such as a case of a hetrosexual male who brags about his "conquests" -- that person to me is not worthy of support and respect as a human being.

another argument is that TLBG have a ways to go before true equality exists. it seems to me that one would not to make the journey more difficult than need to be. hmm?

Bush_in_2004! said:
"still the mistake being made in this thread is that it seems a person is only worthy of support and respect as a human being if they keep their behaviour in check? Sorry, that doesn't work."

unfortunately for our society to work as a civilization it is sometimes necessary . . . such as a case of a hetrosexual male who brags about his "conquests" -- that person to me is not worthy of support and respect as a human being.

another argument is that TLBG have a ways to go before true equality exists. it seems to me that one would not to make the journey more difficult than need to be. hmm?

Our society works like that Bush, because we don't get a choice in the matter. TLBG are forced to tone down their behaviour to avoid violence and forced to tone down their behaviour to avoid offending sensibilities. So in the end, how do you build a community with people when there is no trust?

Sorry but we are on two different planets. I will never accept the argument that our behaviour makes the journey more difficult than it needs be, when the problem is the inability to accept difference. In which case, you don't make it a problem for the TLBG community. Which is how homophobia, sexism, racism..and oppression works..raise spurious arguments/ issues and put it on your victim, which puts more blocks in the progress to equality.

The true stumbling block towards equality is the oppressive attitude/ behaviour. The true stumbling block towards equality is the inability of the mainstream culture to accept homosexuality as valid and equal. Any discussion such as this one, onle serves to divert the argument form this fact. It wouldn't matter how well behaved we are, if the dominant group decides it doesn't like us, nothing will change their minds. As for those whose sensitivies needs to be mollified, you wouldn't exactly trust them noiw would you?

If you look at your history, you will see why groups resort to direct action and revolution.

ive been sitting back and reading ur posts for a while now --

i dont think we are "flaunting" our homosexuality on the board but rather more of being inclusive to all -- gay, straight, bi, transgendered, cross dressers, deaf and hearing worldwide to be able to post questions, political beliefs (to a point where it does not sound offensive), personal beliefs (same applies ive mentioned previously in ref to political) and etc --

we DO have members worldwide of all walks of life even have some hearing members on the board and i believe in including everyone and they have a choice of which forum they wish to participate in -- nobody has said "you MUST participate in the Rainbow (or other) forum all cuz u are a member of AD" -- that would be a big :nono: to begin with as it is a CHOICE for those who wants to post in the Rainbow or other forums on the board

i do advocate all to be able to be open with eachother and to ask questions if they like as long as the question doesnt seem offensive (or if the person wants to ask but is afraid to think theyre offending they are also free to say "if i have offended, i am sorry but i was curious....") i dont see how that has to be restricted TO the rainbow forum -- it can apply also to other forums on the board -- be it General Discussions, Current Events, Gaming, Penisarium and etc -- if a person chose NOT to answer a question in a post they are free to not do so -- if a person is peeved on someone's post they can say so without having an outright bashing or simply PM the person directly and make peace -- if theres a post that has a direct threat as in threatening a person's life based on his/her lifestyle, religious beliefs, moral beliefs and etc then that is where action has to come in in ref to letting the offending person know he/she is inappropriate in posting that sort of comment

i hope i make sense to u guys -- if i dont, please feel free to post in here or PM me directly

Fly Free said:
ive been sitting back and reading ur posts for a while now --

i dont think we are "flaunting" our homosexuality on the board but rather more of being inclusive to all -- gay, straight, bi, transgendered, cross dressers, deaf and hearing worldwide to be able to post questions, political beliefs (to a point where it does not sound offensive), personal beliefs (same applies ive mentioned previously in ref to political) and etc --

we DO have members worldwide of all walks of life even have some hearing members on the board and i believe in including everyone and they have a choice of which forum they wish to participate in -- nobody has said "you MUST participate in the Rainbow (or other) forum all cuz u are a member of AD" -- that would be a big :nono: to begin with as it is a CHOICE for those who wants to post in the Rainbow or other forums on the board

i do advocate all to be able to be open with eachother and to ask questions if they like as long as the question doesnt seem offensive (or if the person wants to ask but is afraid to think theyre offending they are also free to say "if i have offended, i am sorry but i was curious....") i dont see how that has to be restricted TO the rainbow forum -- it can apply also to other forums on the board -- be it General Discussions, Current Events, Gaming, Penisarium and etc -- if a person chose NOT to answer a question in a post they are free to not do so -- if a person is peeved on someone's post they can say so without having an outright bashing or simply PM the person directly and make peace -- if theres a post that has a direct threat as in threatening a person's life based on his/her lifestyle, religious beliefs, moral beliefs and etc then that is where action has to come in in ref to letting the offending person know he/she is inappropriate in posting that sort of comment

i hope i make sense to u guys -- if i dont, please feel free to post in here or PM me directly

Bush_in_2004 et al, I like people from all walks of life and I can mix and chat with the best of them. I people coming into Gay/ Lesbian space to ask questions - but I do get angry at some of the issues because they never die and go on for ever. Such as this topic - it gets me angry cos heterosexuals never have to face the same sort of questions that us TBGL do. They don't have their sexuality or lifestyle questioned or threatened the same way we do. I mean, I don't know any Gay or Lesbian who is pre-occupied with immortal questions such as, what makes you heterosexual and so on.

I don't want to frighten or put people off, but I do have the right to be angry and to express it, hey I'm lost for words..........but a parting shot, if a person truly wants to understand issues such as this, oppression and discrimination, you would do well to investigate history...it is important to have some understanding of what happened in the past in order to understand the present and the future...there is no such thing as the past is the past and we should focus on the present and the future. After all, what happens in the present is often a result of what happened in the past, and what happens in the present will influence what happens in the future!

Last edited:
deafb,

agreed. I'm not suggesting one backs off using strong words like you did in the latter part of your last post. In fact, its absolutely necessary to keep true homophobes from trying to reverse some of the civil rights gains TLBG advocates have made in recent years. this is not "flaunting" at all. and yes, its true that TLBG people have to deal with "moral" issues more than hetrosexual people but unfortunately true equality in our society doesn't come without a lot of sweat and hardship.

deafbrutha said:
Bush_in_2004 et al, I like people from all walks of life and I can mix and chat with the best of them. I people coming into Gay/ Lesbian space to ask questions - but I do get angry at some of the issues because they never die and go on for ever. Such as this topic - it gets me angry cos heterosexuals never have to face the same sort of questions that us TBGL do. They don't have their sexuality or lifestyle questioned or threatened the same way we do. I mean, I don't know any Gay or Lesbian who is pre-occupied with immortal questions such as, what makes you heterosexual and so on.
------------------------------
Deafbrutha -- its perfectly ok to feel angry abt issues and such if it seems to be "rubbed into a person's face" type of behavior -- as that would also piss me off sure and there are ways we can be tactful abt it -- we are always trying to educate the general public in everything not just the GLBT issues but also with the deaf culture issues as well

------------------------------
I don't want to frighten or put people off, but I do have the right to be angry and to express it, hey I'm lost for words..........but a parting shot, if a person truly wants to understand issues such as this, oppression and discrimination, you would do well to investigate history...it is important to have some understanding of what happened in the past in order to understand the present and the future...there is no such thing as the past is the past and we should focus on the present and the future. After all, what happens in the present is often a result of what happened in the past, and what happens in the present will influence what happens in the future!

yes i agree there is alot of history associated with the GLBT community and the oppression that has been documented over the many years -- today there has been several posititve changes in today's society ie: Lawrence et al V. Texas (2003) being the most recent Supreme Court case ref to sodomy laws being struck down, so thus with this happening it paves the way for society to realize we DO exist regardless if they like it or not -- we gay and lesbians have a long way to go still but the battle is still being heard and the advocates are still working on the many issues we are asking for -- ie: same benefits as the hetrosexuals enjoy, adoption/child rearing, marriage being recognized and legal and etc etc -- then theres the historical events worldwide ref to the GLBT community -- ie: Canada voting to legalize same sex marriages, Holland and Austria or Switzerland (if i recall correctly as im at the moment unsure which) has recognized same sex unions for years and those countries has had no significant problems im aware of and has a general overall acceptance to the GLBT community and yes i agree that if one is to investigate the past history of the community and can see the changes from the past to present day -- the changes are noticiable and moving into a positive direction

I'm going to do another long post which will cover everyone else's posts ever since my last post. I will be doing this quoting thing and I won't be mentioning who said what....just to post my replies to some of the statements. Don't get the idea that I have been avoiding this debate since I was busy all day yesterday helping people with computers (infected with that stupid worm).

Secondly, in this RAINBOW folder, I assume it is Gay/ Lesbian space, which means we are free to be who and what we are, without apologising.......

So you're saying that it would be ok for a black group to freely speak what it's like to be black in their own "Black" section of a board. I meant like complaining about whites and so on without apologizing for what they were saying?

So if any heterosexual finds our behaviour/ comments flaunting and affronting, what are you doing here?

Because not all homosexual people are rude nor offensive and willing to help us through the evolution. :D

If you respect a human being for what they are, you will separate the behaviour from entitlement to human rights. If you truly believe that we are all equal and that we are all entitled to support in fighting discrimination, then you will give that support without any reservations. If a person is embarrassed, for exmaple, about a behaviour and declines to offer support, then what does that say about that persons integrity?

Just because of what they are doesn't entitle them the rights to do whatever they wish. It is who they are and their actions that count toward having those rights and the respects.

Many of different people do believe in all people being equal....but that does not mean that they can all support EVERYONE to do what they feel free to. For example....go and gather 5,000 signatures from those people who says that they support everyone being equal saying that US Government should hire Blind individuals to be in the US Military (not civil services). Good luck with that (but I know you'll decline that idea because you definately don't believe what you just said).

If I was a "normal" solider in the battlefield surrounded by the blind soliders...I would be very scared with those guns pointing everywhere...and I would have to push the guns that are aimed at my head away from me...and also dig a deeper foxhole and lay low. :p

Look at those non-white communities. They are going thru the same thing. No difference. :p

So in the end, how do you build a community with people when there is no trust?

Earn it? How do you prove to someone that those apples taste good? Give them a rotten piece? No way.

Everyone is always checked over when it comes to earning trust...and also respect too. Would you check your apple first before you took a bite? What about washing it? Why do it? Those apples can't help it when it gets to being rotten.

That should have been "as long as the AD rules are followed" for this board.

If you are wanting us all to respect who you are, what you want to be, and what you gotta to say (even though it might be offensive to people while it's not offensive to other types of people)....then you should respect what the other people are..and who they are...and also what they say..offensive or not...that is fair?

There's also some people who cannot "stand" seeing someone with a pierced tongue...few of them complain openly....few of them tolerate it....how do you make both of them to accept it? All that person, with the pierced tongue, would have to be all nice and cooperative (to earn their trusts that this person isn't a bad person because of that tongue). Get what I mean?

I don't want to frighten or put people off, but I do have the right to be angry and to express it, hey I'm lost for words...

So it's ok for the other members of this board to express their frustrations with homosexuality comments, too?

Like I said before several times...."society is changing" and that is intended for the rest of the thread.

SilenceGold said:
Everyone is always checked over when it comes to earning trust...and also respect too. Would you check your apple first before you took a bite? What about washing it? Why do it? Those apples can't help it when it gets to being rotten.

That should have been "as long as the AD rules are followed" for this board.

If you are wanting us all to respect who you are, what you want to be, and what you gotta to say (even though it might be offensive to people while it's not offensive to other types of people)....then you should respect what the other people are..and who they are...and also what they say..offensive or not...that is fair?

Like I said before several times...."society is changing" and that is intended for the rest of the thread.

SG -- yes that was what i was explaining basically with the respect of others i dont see how if a person wanted to ask a question politely and if they might be nervous abt possibly offending without intention they can always say "if i have offended, i apologize in advance" something of that variation -- but ofc always within the AD guidelines for the board

Fly Free said:
SG -- yes that was what i was explaining basically with the respect of others i dont see how if a person wanted to ask a question politely and if they might be nervous abt possibly offending without intention they can always say "if i have offended, i apologize in advance" something of that variation -- but ofc always within the AD guidelines for the board

I think the reason that most of people mention things like "If I have offended" or ask "Can I ask a personal question..." is because they don't feel trusted.

Do you ask someone close, "Can I ask a personal question" or just speak it up saying "you're pregnant" suddenly or something like that?

It looks like some trust issues to me.

silence gold i d like to point out its not just abt trust its abt respecting other poeple they might be offended by the comment or the question if it was blurted out without provaction would u take offense on this insult as for example on a level of maturity... * I dont think u would be a good moderator if u had known how to read a jackass's note and see he was bashing u and u chose to ingore it without following the AD's guideline where there is NO bashing or flaming allowed shows u can be a pussy too.* whilist one with respect would say, I dont want to offend u or ur postion, but i dont t hink u have been putting the issue as a moderator to a effective use, and i would ask that u think about these serious offenses that are taking place as we speak.* those are just examples of what i would see by respecting my peers without offending them the trust is right there in all aspect by being honest but respecting them in advance warning them they will be blunt but not wanting to put the person down without having to deal with an ineffective communication. I for one always and make sure i try to communicate clearly cuz sometimes im not always clear enuff and it can be offensive in all aspect. and once i relize my mistake i would apologise but ofc, its all abt respect and consideration for the feelings of the poeple as oppose to saying " this fucking thread is worthless and sucks ass and this forum should have never been created in the first fucking place* whilist a polite comment would be, I disagree with the comments being made and i dont want to offend anyone but i think this forum shouldn't have been created considering how it can create welcome people to be a basher or a flamer." thinking of others before they think of themselves is a good judgement of respect and trust at the same time.

Silence, I just find your latest post so confusing, what is your reasoning exactly?

It seems that you are referring to a very different behaviour. Which was the problem in the use of the word FLAUNT. If you were talking about bad behaviour then yeah I agree, I wouldn't tolerate it, but if you mean that flaunting who you are - as in being obvious about it, e.g. your sexuality, then sorry, but my reasoning remains the same.

My belief is that as human beings we have the right to decency and respect period. It's not the same as condoning bad behaviour. But in Gay and Lesbian space, yeah I do reserve the right to be and say as I please, seeing that I spend my whole bloody life censoring and being aware of other sensitivites, and putting up with rude behaviour and assumptions from the straight world, which is why Gay and Lesbian space is for us to blow.

I suppose the difference is, being Gay I can see bad behaviour in my kith and kin, and know its bad behaviour, and not associate it with the sexuality.....same with Deafies, but it seems those outside these groups somehow become obsessed with the sexuality or disability of the person as well.

But here's some food for thought, have u ever wondered why Gays and Lesbians are so down on Straights?

I'm also curious about something. It just struck me now re-reading Silence's post....what expectations do straights have of us gays and Lesbians?

Especially in the light of Silence's comment,".......and willing to help us through the evolution..."

javapride said:
silence gold i d like to point out its not just abt trust its abt respecting other poeple they might be offended by the comment or the question if it was blurted out without provaction would u take offense on this insult as for example on a level of maturity... * I dont think u would be a good moderator if u had known how to read a jackass's note and see he was bashing u and u chose to ingore it without following the AD's guideline where there is NO bashing or flaming allowed shows u can be a pussy too.* whilist one with respect would say, I dont want to offend u or ur postion, but i dont t hink u have been putting the issue as a moderator to a effective use, and i would ask that u think about these serious offenses that are taking place as we speak.* those are just examples of what i would see by respecting my peers without offending them the trust is right there in all aspect by being honest but respecting them in advance warning them they will be blunt but not wanting to put the person down without having to deal with an ineffective communication. I for one always and make sure i try to communicate clearly cuz sometimes im not always clear enuff and it can be offensive in all aspect. and once i relize my mistake i would apologise but ofc, its all abt respect and consideration for the feelings of the poeple as oppose to saying " this fucking thread is worthless and sucks ass and this forum should have never been created in the first fucking place* whilist a polite comment would be, I disagree with the comments being made and i dont want to offend anyone but i think this forum shouldn't have been created considering how it can create welcome people to be a basher or a flamer." thinking of others before they think of themselves is a good judgement of respect and trust at the same time.

I don't know about you in your life's great details....but my view on this about something being blurted out without feeling provoked......My parents taught me about if I was to ask some personal questions. I would have to be asking to be able to ask, toward those strangers, politely if I could ask personal questions.

For example, if I am sitting in a grill resturant and I see a lady who walks in then sits on a table next to me. I suspect that she could be pregnant. If I was to ask how long she has been pregnant, should I ask, "may I ask you a personal question" first without making her feeling offended?

Of course, in this situtation, she might not be pregnant but simply overweight. That is what I was raised to learn how to be much more polite. Many of other people were not raised like that.

When Lisa and I were married...and ended up going to a deaf club....we did get asked several personal questions without even being asked if they could ask those types of personal questions. I didn't feel offended but I have sometimes wondered what if I was more sensitive than I was. Would I have felt offended?

Across this board...I do see many mentions of questions or blunt comments which might be offensive to sensitive people.

How can a moderator like me know that if those people were sensitive or can handle what is being said. Would I have been able to know that this offensive people went over the line?

There might be a time where I see a person mention something that I would "guess" that is offensive and end up deleting their post or PM this person a warning...and end up finding out later that whoever, that this statement was aimed at, said something that hinted that this person wasn't offended.

Homosexuality is one of the hottest topics which there are some sensitive comments being made and it's hard to tell if those comments can be tolerated for those people. That's why I've been trying to gather more information in this situtation and trying to share some of my views to see if I can be helped to shape in a better decision making goals in the future.

I know that you might feel upset that many of your posts might be misinterpretered by many of other people. You would also have to understand that another people own posts would have been misinterpertered by you. There's even some people who were grew up to learn how to be more polite (like me for example) to be quick to apologize. There are also other people who weren't raised to be polite....but frankly, what could you really do about those adults who can't be polite? That's where your tolerant level would be tested. I think that a great responsible adult would have a very high tolerant level and staying all calm while being under this type of stress regardless of who this person is and what this person believes in. I am not saying that you should sit around and accept all the abusings on you...but I'm saying that there are even things that you could do when you are abused. Ignorance does have a great power.

i think this forum shouldn't have been created considering how it can create welcome people to be a basher or a flamer.

What if I was to tell you that everytime someone "complains" about something...that is where you develop your own thoughts that it is "bashing" or "flaming."

If I was in a resturant and I ordered a steak. It shows up on my table as a small piece of steak. I complain saying that there's too much bone and less meat on it. Is that bashing or flaming the waiter/waitress?

I know that you are getting fed up with all the bashings/flamings but that is how you may look at it. You gotta to look at why exactly they are saying that. Like you said, "It's a waste of thread" examples....maybe their point was just to mention that they were upset that they clicked on this link hoping to see something worthwhile to read? They were upset just like you got upset at hearing them complaining.

I'll be grateful to hear more from you....as long as you're honest. :D

deafbrutha said:
Silence, I just find your latest post so confusing, what is your reasoning exactly?

That there's no drawn line to prove where the flaunting is not offensive and that there are "bad behaviors". There's too much of a gray spot that is difficult to be moderated. I think that's my point.

It seems that you are referring to a very different behaviour. Which was the problem in the use of the word FLAUNT. If you were talking about bad behaviour then yeah I agree, I wouldn't tolerate it, but if you mean that flaunting who you are - as in being obvious about it, e.g. your sexuality, then sorry, but my reasoning remains the same.

No....I was not referring to a different behavior. I was mentioning that since you were speaking about what you said. "One persons flaunting is another persons normal behaviour!"

How do we know if our statements/questions would be offensive? For example, in black community. The word that begins with N and ends with R is acceptable to be spoken by many of the black people while for white people, it's offensive toward many of the black people. Remember that the word flaunting can be applied toward a black rapper and also a "black-wannabe" rapper. They're flaunting it all too.

There's some homosexual people that might not realize that they are also flaunting it too. Hetrosexual people could find that offensive. You said that it's not your problem but that's where you would lose your support from those hetrosexual people where you never respected THEIR space.

My belief is that as human beings we have the right to decency and respect period. It's not the same as condoning bad behaviour. But in Gay and Lesbian space, yeah I do reserve the right to be and say as I please, seeing that I spend my whole bloody life censoring and being aware of other sensitivites, and putting up with rude behaviour and assumptions from the straight world, which is why Gay and Lesbian space is for us to blow.

Sure, if you want to be viewed upon as a decent person....you would have to prove that. Many of people (doesn't matter which type of sexual perferences, race, sex, or if they had a penis accidently removed :p) have high expections of everything far more than sexual preferences. Respect also has to be earned too. You know how that works.

You cannot just walk into a group of people and then expect everyone to move aside to allow you to have room to walk wherever you feel free to unless they know you and gave you those two things. Knowing that you're a good person and gave you the respect.

I suppose the difference is, being Gay I can see bad behaviour in my kith and kin, and know its bad behaviour, and not associate it with the sexuality.....same with Deafies, but it seems those outside these groups somehow become obsessed with the sexuality or disability of the person as well.

I could say that their preception (I'm not sure if this is the right word) upon you is because of what you have "flaunted." Many of homosexual people AND those "different" people (skin color, disability, and whatever) goes through just the same things. What's the major difference??

But here's some food for thought, have u ever wondered why Gays and Lesbians are so down on Straights?

You can answer that yourself....just as why "deaf people" are so down on hearing people.

Oh wait...not all of homosexual people and deaf people are like that... :p

I'm also curious about something. It just struck me now re-reading Silence's post....what expectations do straights have of us gays and Lesbians?

Especially in the light of Silence's comment,".......and willing to help us through the evolution..."

It's the same expection of homosexual people toward straights too. That's why I meant, "help all of us and each other through the evolution."

This is still so confusing, but I will try and ansa one issue in Silence's recent post.

If you are moderating an email list or forum such as this, yes it is hard to know where to draw the line on what is offensive and what is not. I am a member of one of the BEST deaf email lists ever. Deaf UK. The moderators style was basically open. The moderator allowed the group to influence and determine the style, type and content of the postings. If there were group disagreements, flaming etc, the group sorted it out -believe u me it worked. The list became vibrant, you got to know different personalities and you learn to develop a thick skin.

Yes, we even had the issue of homosexuality and the responses have neen equally pointed. But the point is that the group was allowed to control the list. The group was encouraged but never made to be mindful of other members, but the group was allowed its ebb and flow. The moderator didn't intervene unless the group called for it or things needed to be hosed down a bit. And yeah, you get to see the point behind hotheads like me and the more passive writers.

It worked and the list is still going strong.........but you can tell obvious racist, sexist, homophobic writings...even so, as moderator I would let it in and let the group do the responding.

How do we know if our statements/questions would be offensive? For example, in black community. The word that begins with N and ends with R is acceptable to be spoken by many of the black people while for white people, it's offensive toward many of the black people.

Yes that is quite right, in the same way that a straight person can't call a gay person poofter, fag or queer. There are too many negative assoociatiosn with the word when straight people use it. The same applies to the use of the word WOG. Here in Australia it means a non white australian of middle eastern background, and it is a put down, like you are not one of us.

Remember that the word flaunting can be applied toward a black rapper and also a "black-wannabe" rapper. They're flaunting it all too

But what is the problem with flaunting in this case? the bad behaviour of some rappers, the style of presentation, that white guys co-opt black idioms, or the attitude that black is good?

There's some homosexual people that might not realize that they are also flaunting it too.

I still don't understand, what are we flaunting?

Which makes the following a bit perplexing for me

Sure, if you want to be viewed upon as a decent person....you would have to prove that. Many of people (doesn't matter which type of sexual perferences, race, sex, or if they had a penis accidently removed :p) have high expections of everything far more than sexual preferences. Respect also has to be earned too. You know how that works.

I could say that their preception (I'm not sure if this is the right word) upon you is because of what you have "flaunted." Many of homosexual people AND those "different" people (skin color, disability, and whatever) goes through just the same things. What's the major difference??

Again, are your referring to bad behaviour or merely showing who we are and displaying our pride in ourselves?

Silence what do u mean by the word flaunt?

deafbrutha said:
This is still so confusing, but I will try and ansa one issue in Silence's recent post.

If you are moderating an email list or forum such as this, yes it is hard to know where to draw the line on what is offensive and what is not. I am a member of one of the BEST deaf email lists ever. Deaf UK. The moderators style was basically open. The moderator allowed the group to influence and determine the style, type and content of the postings. If there were group disagreements, flaming etc, the group sorted it out -believe u me it worked. The list became vibrant, you got to know different personalities and you learn to develop a thick skin.

Yes, we even had the issue of homosexuality and the responses have neen equally pointed. But the point is that the group was allowed to control the list. The group was encouraged but never made to be mindful of other members, but the group was allowed its ebb and flow. The moderator didn't intervene unless the group called for it or things needed to be hosed down a bit. And yeah, you get to see the point behind hotheads like me and the more passive writers.

It worked and the list is still going strong.........but you can tell obvious racist, sexist, homophobic writings...even so, as moderator I would let it in and let the group do the responding.

So you're saying that this mailing list isn't moderated as strict as this board is?

SilenceGold said:
So you're saying that this mailing list isn't moderated as strict as this board is?

Yep and it works just fine, cos the power of moderation is in the members hands actually.

deafbrutha said:
Yep and it works just fine, cos the power of moderation is in the members hands actually.

I would like to know how can I access the archived mailing lists if there are any of this particular group you were speaking of. Please.

I beg to differ its not abt how we put the moderators hand in to the team work I belive in suggestion and etc. BUT the job lays down to them they make the final decissions not the non moderators.

Back