FLA. Deaf and Blind Students Prepare for Super Bowl

knightwolf68

Reaction score
Deaf and Blind Students Prepare for Super Bowl

Minor says hes enjoyed working with the kids, and hopes the Super Bowl audience will see the special gifts the kids have

By Tiani Jones
First Coast News

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- The passion and excitement could be seen all over the faces of the kids at the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind Tuesday afternoon.

Ricky Minor, a music director working on his 7th Super Bowl, made an appearance to help the kids with their performance on Sunday.

Minor has worked with Grammy award winners like Whitney Houston, Beyonce Knowles and Carlos Santanna. But, he says it's his experiences with three musicians that has helped him with the students.

"I've had the great opportunity to work with Ray Charles, and I've worked with Stevie Wonder, and Ronnie Milsap so I'm accustomed to working with people who are given and extra gift," said Minor.

Minor says he's enjoyed working with the kids, and hopes the Super Bowl audience will see the special gifts the kids have.

"They live in the moment, and that's what we all should do."

Created: 2/1/2005 6:02:32 PM
Updated: 2/1/2005 7:15:40 PM

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/superbowl/news-article.aspx?storyid=31705

Man MizzDeaf, ur so mean :rl: ... I am a former fsd student myself and its so sweet... I am happy to hear FSD provides things like that for young deaf students.... Helps them with socialize... :gossip:

Damn,.,,,And i wasnt invited?? Im deaf too live in florida and i love football. Phoey!!!

Magatsu said:
ravensteve, are you a student of deaf school?
I doubt he did, since he only lost his hearing when he was proably in his mid 20s or something

I was,,25 years ago. This deaf school.
msdfsa_head.jpg

so then why the hell do you waste your life whining about your deafness?

you don't make any friggin' sense at all! no wonder everyone are asking you to get serious professional help. :roll:

ravensteve1961 said:
I was,,25 years ago. This deaf school.
msdfsa_head.jpg

if u went to MarylandSD 25 years ago then how long were u at the school for qq a year or longer q were u actually TEACHING or just a student at the school q

M Me Mex Mexy said:
Man MizzDeaf, ur so mean :rl: ... I am a former fsd student myself and its so sweet... I am happy to hear FSD provides things like that for young deaf students.... Helps them with socialize... :gossip:

Oh please..... U maybe not know there is three threads with same post about Super Bowl. I know few went to FSD and I myself from South of Alabama, about 20 miles away from Florida.... Also in 30 years ago, I went to FSU for my hearing test. Is that mean I am MEAN ?

Well they wanted to try me out there because i was HOH back then i didnt like it there so i wanted to go to a regalar hearing school.

Back