FL became the 36 state to allow same sex marriage

NYNY

Reaction score
I don't need a link to an article as this is pretty common news. While it
was fine the federal government gave same sex marriage equal rights, at a state level, they were not always in synch. I sent some requests to different media to ask them how does filing at a federal level mess up not being able to file at a state level. No one was interested in doing it. (My own accountant had no clue, which wasn't surprising.)

It has been a long and hard battle fought and I mean fought.

do this mean marriage only recognised in FL..bit bizarre
Let me try to explain this.

FL and 35 other states recognize gay marriages. This means that gays and lesbians can marry and be recognized in those states and recognized by the federal government. So, I can marry and file tax returns like anyone else. There are a lot of other things married people don't have to worry about and now same-sex marriages are in the same boat.

cas12, does this make sense to you?

I think so, tax returns and marriage should be all under same umbrella it is for straights FL not caught up with rest of America..my American brother has tried explain federal and state laws they are confusing,i would imagine this sort thing cause big head ache...you one country should have one law..It been pointed out to me before comparison with EU,it not the same.
Have you heard of Steven Fry he getting married Saturday gay wedding

I think so, tax returns and marriage should be all under same umbrella it is for straights FL not caught up with rest of America..my American brother has tried explain federal and state laws they are confusing,i would imagine this sort thing cause big head ache...you one country should have one law..It been pointed out to me before comparison with EU,it not the same.
Have you heard of Steven Fry he getting married Saturday gay wedding
Thanks for being understanding, caz12. It has been a long and confusing road for many people (with lots of headaches):aw:. America is far behind EU in many ways. One country with one law? Sounds too miraculous for these times. Yes again, FL is allowing gay marriage and we fall under most of the same umbrella as everyone else in most of the states. The governor was really great and supportive there.

Nope, I haven't heard of Steven Fry. I tried to look him up. Can you tell me who he is besides gay?

Again, thanks, caz12.

huge lauri of 'House' fame FRY was his comedy partner.if you google QI tv programme you find him...he the most tweeted man in uk if not world he brilliant and fights for rights.

huge lauri of 'House' fame FRY was his comedy partner.if you google QI tv programme you find him...he the most tweeted man in uk if not world he brilliant and fights for rights.
Wow, that's cool. I searched for Lauri Fry gay rights and it landed right on him and them. I had no clue about Hugh and obviously didn't know about Fry. They don't look gay :) . Thanks!

The issue has been a big "whoopee-do" here in my city....(Jacksonville)...even being refused to getting married at City Hall....One Judge did stand up and performed the marriages....I'm not Gay....but these people surely do have rights along with straight people.....

The issue has been a big "whoopee-do" here in my city....(Jacksonville)...even being refused to getting married at City Hall....One Judge did stand up and performed the marriages....I'm not Gay....but these people surely do have rights along with straight people.....
:) I knew I was in a little trouble when I made frequent flights from Jersey to Jacksonville and saw the religious posters in front of my nose. But I'm still surprised ... sorta. I even asked my teammates there how Jacksonville was and they knew what I meant. It was fine but uh this is about 15 years later ... Time goes by fast.
Thanks, rockin'robin.

Last edited:
Back