First Car Mod

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
What was your first car modification?

Mine was some JL Audio speakers for my old Hyundai Excel. That was 7 years ago. :mrgreen:

forged internals. (piston, rod, pushrod, etc on my mustang.)

Last edited:
i had a 1990 Mazda Truck, i had it made into a convertible 4 months after i bought it brand new, 10 inch wide wheels(4) and a boom system. lowered about 3 to 5 inches. it also had the bed cover and a few more mostly small stuff.

thatz bad azz 4 months after buying it brand new !!!! most ppl would be a pussy and wont do anythin to mod their kars !

I lowered my car to look like wagon lowrider, tint window look darkest, chrome wheels... I get pulled over few times a month cuz police though I was a mexican or something until Police ask me to get out of the car and was suprised that I was the opposite way... so let me go... ugh!

Depends, do bikes count as well? My first modification ever was on a dirtbike, bought a FMF pipe/silencer kit...

As far as a car goes, I bought this for my car not too long ago --

AEM Cold Air Intake
NGK Plugs/Wires
K&N Filter
Custom Catback Exhaust 2.75 inches.
Dual Turbo
Turbo Timer
Skunk2 springs/coilovers/sway bar/strut bars
Stage 2 Clutch by Xtreme Clutch
Sparco Torino seats (front)
16-inch Performance Plus rims (923)
AEM Tru-time cam gears
DC Sports headers
B&M Short-shifter
PIAA hyper white headlights / foglights
Nitto NT-555R11 Extreme R tires
Powerstop cross-drilled rotors / stock pads

So uhm.. yeah. I saved up it all for one big purchase.... so uhm, that was pretty much my *first* and last mod.

my first mod will be my new truck covers and fix my bumper so i can have a decent looking truck :) already have tints will need to buy new speakers soon! :)

Originally posted by Xero
Depends, do bikes count as well? My first modification ever was on a dirtbike, bought a FMF pipe/silencer kit...

As far as a car goes, I bought this for my car not too long ago --

AEM Cold Air Intake
NGK Plugs/Wires
K&N Filter
Custom Catback Exhaust 2.75 inches.
Dual Turbo
Turbo Timer
Skunk2 springs/coilovers/sway bar/strut bars
Stage 2 Clutch by Xtreme Clutch
Sparco Torino seats (front)
16-inch Performance Plus rims (923)
AEM Tru-time cam gears
DC Sports headers
B&M Short-shifter
PIAA hyper white headlights / foglights
Nitto NT-555R11 Extreme R tires
Powerstop cross-drilled rotors / stock pads

So uhm.. yeah. I saved up it all for one big purchase.... so uhm, that was pretty much my *first* and last mod.

obviously youre one of those rice boys.

But I have a feeling youre bullshitting, cuz cold air intake with twin turbo?? What size of turbo do you have? got picture?

Originally posted by Justin Sane

But I have a feeling youre bullshitting, cuz cold air intake with twin turbo?? What size of turbo do you have? got picture?
:laugh2: :werd: turbo need inner cooler, not intake :ugh:

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
I lowered my car to look like wagon lowrider, tint window look darkest, chrome wheels... I get pulled over few times a month cuz police though I was a mexican or something until Police ask me to get out of the car and was suprised that I was the opposite way... so let me go... ugh!
:bsflag: you wetback wanna be:ugh:

I added a cool stereo - it flips all over - sony x3000 or something I will have to look at the box... and it is detachable.....the front looks smooth and black - it is like nothing is there but when you turn on the car WOW...............and it says the name of the song too!!!

Originally posted by Justin Sane

Yes, cold air with a twin turbo, the turbo's are both pretty small, I prefered a smaller A/R, while it has less airflow, it also gives a little bit more backpressure (Yes, SOME is needed) and MUCH less lag

Alright, here's some numbers that I got off the turbo (I may have them mixed up)

Turbine housing a/r .63
Compressor wheel 51mm
turbine wheel 48mm

That's the larger of the two, I'm not digging around for the small ones numbers at 1:30 AM.

And yes, I can get some pictures. Keep in mind a Eagle Talon TSi has an oversquare engine, meaning bore/stroke is greater than one. In otherwords, you could probably fit 2 of them side by side in the engine compartment comfortably.

And no, I'm not a "rice boi". A rice boi is a person who can pretty much be summed up by this --

A person who modifies cars with excessive stickers, odd body-kits, bumpstop-riding suspensions, and wretchedly styled oversized wheels, also known as "Dubs".

In otherwords, a rice boi is anyone who drives a "The Fast and Furious" type of car.

I don't claim to know A LOT about cars, but I do know enough. Every mod that I mentioned, I either purchased, or it was on the car as I bought it. I don't claim a 9-second quarter mile time, or a 0-60 in 3 flat. I claim to have a moderately fast car, that can handle well in a tight turn, and doesn't rob me of gas money.

Originally posted by vvti low rolla
:bsflag: you wetback wanna be:ugh:
haha u funny... my old car I mentioned earlier was 1993 Saturn SW2 (wagon) dark green color, dark tint, I miss my old car... oh well

My first car mod? Some audio system. Cant remember brand name, but it was the best system i had in my cars, so far. I must say, it was cheap system but, it had that Hyundai bumpin :shock:

Yea, I remember the Excel alright. ;)

Back