Finlay's tumor is CANCER!!

Yes it does hurt like HELL! Everyone keep telling me I did the right thing putting Finlay down, but it does not FEEL right to me!!
You did the right thing for Finlay, even if it feels like it wasn't the right thing for you. You know you did the right thing because you didn't want him to suffer. Still, you feel lonely pain because he's gone. Even doing the right thing can still hurt.

Even if you had postponed Finlay's end, it would only delay your pain. You would still miss him.

You did the best you could for Finlay. It will take some time for the hurt to soften.

I'm praying that your pain and sorrow will be comforted. :hug:

Yes it does hurt like HELL! Everyone keep telling me I did the right thing putting Finlay down, but it does not FEEL right to me!!

You knew it was right. Vet told you it was right. Finlay told you it was time when his body was breaking down.

There is no easy way to say goodbye to a loved one. It will hurt, but the pain will fade. Try to find a way to be with others and away from home if possible.

You did the right thing for Finlay, even if it feels like it wasn't the right thing for you. You know you did the right thing because you didn't want him to suffer. Still, you feel lonely pain because he's gone. Even doing the right thing can still hurt.

Even if you had postponed Finlay's end, it would only delay your pain. You would still miss him.

You did the best you could for Finlay. It will take some time for the hurt to soften.

I'm praying that your pain and sorrow will be comforted. :hug:

Thank you Reba . I know it was sad seeing Finlay in pain, he was starting to growl at me because he could not understand where the pain was coming from. I am trying to find another and when to a shelter but all the dogs were street dogs from Puerto Rico and not safe to be around kids. The dogs are very protected for their food I did not want my granddaughter getting bitten if she got too close a dog while it was eating. I called Neads and it is a year long wait. And I called another in Oregon and they have 4- 5 years wait for a hearing! I also Paws for Cause , they were nicer in the place in Oregon
and Paws for Cause does not made you pay for the hearing dog and they will come to your house the dog!

You knew it was right. Vet told you it was right. Finlay told you it was time when his body was breaking down.

There is no easy way to say goodbye to a loved one. It will hurt, but the pain will fade. Try to find a way to be with others and away from home if possible.
I stay at my daughter house the first two nights after Finlay pass away. I was thinking of going to friend in Pa but I am coming coming with a cold !

I stay at my daughter house the first two nights after Finlay pass away. I was thinking of going to friend in Pa but I am coming coming with a cold !

Not a good week for you. Glad you have someone nearby to keep your mind off being sad and alone.

To Whatdidusay Even though I havent known u but I feels ur pain as I too recently lost my dog of 13 years. The pain is so enormous that it hard to get by everyday. I was with my dog right up to the very moment she drawn her last breath, that was the hardest part ever. But as time goes on it get easy even now typing this to u still bring tears to one eyes just thinking about that loved one. Hang in there and always remember the good things u had with ur Findley.

To Whatdidusay Even though I havent known u but I feels ur pain as I too recently lost my dog of 13 years. The pain is so enormous that it hard to get by everyday. I was with my dog right up to the very moment she drawn her last breath, that was the hardest part ever. But as time goes on it get easy even now typing this to u still bring tears to one eyes just thinking about that loved one. Hang in there and always remember the good things u had with ur Findley.

Sasha64, I am really sorry to her about the lost of beloved dog. This is the first time I had a dog die. My Samoyed was stolen and I was not able to find her. and I had to give up two dogs as no pets where allowed in my new place. I really found a dog on petsfinder that I like but it in another state and you can't meet the dog before getting it. You have 14 days to see if the dog is right for you. If you do not want the dog you get your money back and the dog is taken back to it foster home. This made me hesitate to get the dog as I would feel bad about the dog having to travel so far .It in Tennessee and I live in Massachusetts.

Not a good week for you. Glad you have someone nearby to keep your mind off being sad and alone.

No, the new year did not start of very good for me or my dog! I send the breeder an email to let her know Finlay passed away, and she he dies young.
:(

My favorite dog passed away when she was 4 years old (too young). My mother mailed a letter to let my breeder know about my dog's death. We never got response from her. I adopted my dog in Tennessee, and she lived with us in Connecticut. I buried her near her favorite pond with a cross. Oh well. That's about it.

My favorite dog passed away when she was 4 years old (too young). My mother mailed a letter to let my breeder know about my dog's death. We never got response from her. I adopted my dog in Tennessee, and she lived with us in Connecticut. I buried her near her favorite pond with a cross. Oh well. That's about it.

Yes four years old is very young. Sorry to hear about your dog. When dad was reall out he brought a German Shepard puppy not knowing the dog was very sick. I tried to tell my parents but they would not listen to me! I came home one and the puppy was dying . She was a real sweet dog too . The breeder had known the dog was really as the puppy dies not long after my dad brought it!

Back