Finding the specification of my aids...

toffeekukki

Reaction score
I am going to post a website link here. i do not understand some of the features mentioned..
I was trying to work out if i was miss advice my original audiologist when i was given these aids.
I was told i could have access to the T loop System but i would have to have it programmed by them. which they refused to do unless i owned the aids for more than 12 months.
it also says that i am probably not getting the best sound from these since i don't have any programmes installed. I get a lot of problems with these aids.
I have no idea what the radio options mean if someone could explain in english is this a "feature" or is it a gimmick to a basic thing sound better than what it actually is?

it also says at the top something about a remote control why would anyone need a remote control?
it maybe me looking at this like a complete noob but i honestly do not understand what some of the things me. i just tried looking up about Direct Audio Input but it explains everything using even more abbreviations which leaves me not wanting to looking into this any more.

if anyone from the UK has been given these aids please share your experiences with me tell me how you feel about yours.

https://www.connevans.co.uk/catalogue/14762067/Siemens-Teneo-S--hearing-aids

I am going to post a website link here. i do not understand some of the features mentioned..
I was trying to work out if i was miss advice my original audiologist when i was given these aids.
I was told i could have access to the T loop System but i would have to have it programmed by them. which they refused to do unless i owned the aids for more than 12 months.
it also says that i am probably not getting the best sound from these since i don't have any programmes installed. I get a lot of problems with these aids.
I have no idea what the radio options mean if someone could explain in english is this a "feature" or is it a gimmick to a basic thing sound better than what it actually is?

it also says at the top something about a remote control why would anyone need a remote control?
it maybe me looking at this like a complete noob but i honestly do not understand what some of the things me. i just tried looking up about Direct Audio Input but it explains everything using even more abbreviations which leaves me not wanting to looking into this any more.

if anyone from the UK has been given these aids please share your experiences with me tell me how you feel about yours.

https://www.connevans.co.uk/catalogue/14762067/Siemens-Teneo-S--hearing-aids
From what I see on the spec sheet the siemens aids you have don't have a T coil capability.

If you're having problems with the aids, keep a journal and list when, where and what you're doing when you have the problems and show it to your audi on the next visit.

Your HA's don't seem to have the radio option either.

I have known several people who have the easy teK and love it. I have Oticon HA's with a Streamer and would not get HA's that didn't have a remote.

see i am confused to why i don't seem to have the things people want. Thank you for your reply.
are my aids just a toy? i feel like i got a bad deal with these.
these are my first ever aids (i am getting new ones i am just wanting to get my appointment ) Ear Moulded too.
even my current audiologist does not understand why i was given these. He has never seen mine before.
to say i was given mine by the NHS (UK welfare) for a NHS audiologist has never seen mine before i feel like i have been taken for a mug.

I've got a family member with these HAs. She likes hers a lot.

She also doesn't have any programs.

I don't wear these HAs myself but I don't have any programs either.

For the HA to work, you don't need programs.

I have to stay on top of my housedust allergy in order to prevent conductive loss on top of my neurological loss. In order to do that, I have air filtration machines in my apartment. They are noisy. Therefore, I have a "fan" setting. It does wonders. I also regularly use my telecoil with the telephone. I have a cheap cell-phone for emergencies, and a specialized VoIP phone for 95% of my phone calls. I have set it so that unaided, I can do fairly well, although others don't like to use it. I am also eager to get non-corded direct access to sound from my TV/monitor. Technology rocks! If you can get new HA's, you will be much happier, depending on your loss.

I love my new aids, it has been a few days and I feeling so much better, I can hear more clearly and ear moulds are so much easier to deal with.
I also now have the much needed Tloop and noise cancelling with loud noises so bleeps and emergency vehicles don't hurt or make my ears 'whistle or echo'

Back