Finally did it...my book is published!

Malfoyish

Reaction score
Okay everyone -

I really should address this letter differently.

For example: To those who have been BEGGING to read my books for years:

Well, here's your chance! I proudly present to you all, "Facade." Enclosed within this message are two links - both containing the full version of the novel.

You choose the copy type you wish to have, as it is available as an e-book or in paperback.

I know that the paperback edition is a little bit on the expensive side - that is, if you consider $22.50 to be costly. However, it is self-published and when you keep in mind the years and years worth of work, revisions, rewrites and edits, it seems to be a fair enough price in my mind's eye. Plus, you'll have a book that I created entirely on my own - not too bad a deal, eh? :) I should also mention that you would be helping me out greatly and supporting me as I receive a commission on all book sales.

The $22.50 price does not include shipping costs for the paperback.

Here is the link: Facade by Stacy Canter in Literature & Fiction

E-books, of course, have no shipping fees. You would download the finished book from Lulu.com for $7.99. It is a one-time download and there are no refunds.

Link to E-book: Facade by Stacy Canter in Literature & Fiction

It is recommended that you join Lulu.com to be able to place orders. Membership is completely free. ;)

I would like to thank you in advance - it has always been my dream to do something like this and although I have decided to go the self-publishing route in this case, I do hope that this proves to be a foot in the door when it comes to the "big" leagues. It is an extremely competitive market and we all have to start somewhere!

Thank you and happy reading!!! Happy New Year!
Malfoyish

Congratulations, Malfoyish! I was expecting this, but I am still relieved you threw out the first million words, lol. I will order a copy! :)

Thanks!!! I do hope you all like it. I know I haven't been here in a while but I do recall telling everyone that I was the aspiring author. ;)

Hope everyone is well!!!

Congratulations! :) I'm curious, would you be spreading your book internationally?

That I can walk in local store to check it out rather than ordering it on internet.

I'm referring to paperback book.
:lol: I was joking, I knew what you were talking about, but that is, the summary sounds interesting, I want a copy too but wonder if it would avail internationally - which SG mentioned.

:lol: I was joking, I knew what you were talking about, but that is, the summary sounds interesting, I want a copy too but wonder if it would avail internationally - which SG mentioned.

:P :lol: Yes the summary does sounds interesting.

I read what it is about. I don't think I can get it. Already read books similar to your and I couldn't handle it. I know this book would be a part of healing process for some people.

but CONGRATS on your first book :)

I am quite sure you can order from overseas - however, if you would like my help in ordering, I would be delighted to do so. As is, I am assisting another friend in her purchase...she is from Ireland and the shipping fee does add up and can be costly.

What I can do for her is wait for her to send me a check for the money for the book itself and I will purchase the paperback for her and send it to her via USPS. I also have PayPal, etc...I can help anyone who asks. :)

Just shoot me a PM. ;)

Lighthouse, I understand where you're coming from. It is a very difficult book, both to read and for me to have written. I'll just let ya know when the next one comes out! ;) And yes, it is meant to be a healing tool for survivors.

Malfoyish

Congrats! Publishing is always a pain in the ass. I have yet to publish a book length work, but just getting together stuff for small magazines is arduous enough. Completing a novel is a major achievement. Well done!

Have you pitched it to any publishing houses? Do you have an agent?

Any way to read a sample before deciding to buy?

Congrats! Publishing is always a pain in the ass. I have yet to publish a book length work, but just getting together stuff for small magazines is arduous enough. Completing a novel is a major achievement. Well done!

Have you pitched it to any publishing houses? Do you have an agent?

Any way to read a sample before deciding to buy?

Actually, yes, on the page that I have linked you to, there is a way to preview the first few pages...the preview link is directly underneath the cover's photo. :)

I did pitch it to several places. I've written tons of things, but this particular novel, I've been told, is extremely explicit so I think the best thing to do in this case was to self-publish. I have other things I'm working on trying to publish the traditional way.

I do not have an agent yet; I did have one last year but as she was not doing anything at all, I let her go.

Malfoyish

One of the first book I read when I was a teen that is somewhat similar to yours is called "Weeping Willow" I loved it because it did remind me of home. I didn't love it because I couldn't handle the emotional part. There was another book that my mother kept in the basement that was very graphic , but I couldn't remember the name of it. but it had a picture of a girl sitting on a bench in a corner (if I remember it correctly) That's how I know I can't handle it.

Lighthouse,

This would be the first I'm hearing of Weeping Willow. I will check it out one of these days. :)

I do respect you for recognizing your boundaries...if you cannot handle it, you can only protect yourself by choosing not to read. :) It's all good!!! (((Lighthouse)))

Malfoyish

Did you use a typewriter, Malfoyish? I cannot use the computer keyboard for my projects, lol. It HAS to be my trusty Smith-Corona. (Yeah, I know it is an antique, but heck, to each his own, right?) :lol:

Lighthouse,

This would be the first I'm hearing of Weeping Willow. I will check it out one of these days. :)

I do respect you for recognizing your boundaries...if you cannot handle it, you can only protect yourself by choosing not to read. :) It's all good!!! (((Lighthouse)))

Malfoyish

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Weeping-Willow-Aerial-Fiction-White/dp/0374482802]Amazon.com: Weeping Willow (Aerial Fiction) (9780374482800): Ruth White: Books[/ame] <---- here it is... thought you might like to know. It only mention it briefly about the abuse, but it's there. I read it when I was a teen.

Back