File List

AlleyCat

Reaction score
Not exactly a technical question, but I would like to know how:

If you are in My Computer or anyplace where you are viewing a list of files, how do you print out that list ??

Thanks in advance!

Don't know of a way to print the files strait from the screen but I can capture the screen and paste it in Word or Power Point and print that.

Not exactly a technical question, but I would like to know how:

If you are in My Computer or anyplace where you are viewing a list of files, how do you print out that list ??

Thanks in advance!

unfortunately - there is no print feature but that is a very good point! For now - you'll have to do what we have been doing for a long time... you have to press "PRINT SCREEN" button to capture the snapshot and paste the image to image program.

see this instruction

Have the window open and the files you want to print in view
Hold down ctrl (control) and hit Prt Sc (Print Screen)
After doing that Hold ctrl (control) again and hit the C key to copy
Open Word or Power Point and hold ctrl (control) and hit the V key to paste the screen shot.

Here's another way I just found but it'll print file list in text. I hope you're familiar with DOS prompt. click on RUN and type CMD

in the windows - perform commands to get to the file directory that you want to print out. When you're in that file directory... type dir c:\sample > c:\sample.txt (sample = your file directory path)

full detail

Wow, thank you guys so much for your help! This is for my parents and I needed the quickest and easiest ways to give them. I gave them both methods we'll see if I have to make a trip over there to help them out :) I have one other question but I'll make a separate thread for that. Thanks again!

Wow, thank you guys so much for your help! This is for my parents and I needed the quickest and easiest ways to give them. I gave them both methods we'll see if I have to make a trip over there to help them out :) I have one other question but I'll make a separate thread for that. Thanks again!

no need to make separate thread. just post it here if it's still comp related lol

no need to make separate thread. just post it here if it's still comp related lol

LOL already did it! :( It was about slideshows so I wasn't sure I should continue that here.)

Back