Field Trip

racheleggert

Reaction score
Since Field Trip is part of school... anyone can talk about their fave field trip, or what they did really stupid and got into trouble like sneaking off from your field trip group? We could use some laugh in education part of AD.

I never really snuck off. The last field trip I went on was years ago at my community college. It was more of an independent field trip so there was no teacher to scold me if I snuck off. Eh... heh!

I love field trip! My 4th grade, we went to beautfil white sandhill. Learn about small history about this place then we have fun on the sandhill. weee!

I remember one funny field trip- it was to the mall to see the signing santa in elementary school :)

A friend that hated this particular teacher recongized that signing santa was the teacher she hated so much- and told the rest of the class it was Mr. ***** and that santa wasn't real. The teachers was so mad at her they sent her back to the school to spend the rest of the day in the principals office.
Looking back makes me laugh

Oh boy, Been a long time in 6th grade we went Camping and of course they had cabin separate for boys and girls...

Then at night time we go by the fireplace my boyfriend and I would sneak out while everyone cooking marshmallows by the fireplace...

My boyfriend and I went by the trees in the woods and start kissing not French kiss cuz I was only in 6th grade did not know about French kiss then.. but then the teacher caught us and told our parents about it when we arrived home of course my dad was mad and told me u are too young to go off kissing boys! :lol:

One of my most memorable field trip was when I was taking grade 12 english with this teacher who was totally into native culture. She would mix native culture and english together so we all would learn two things. It was cool but anyways, she wanted us to feel nature so she took us to this waterfall, I forget where but it was so awesome watching a teacher standing under the waterfall and enjoying it. We all got back to school all wet and all that. Hehehe..

my favorite field trip is Close-Up in 1997.. a program for high school students (Deafies, HOH, Hearing) from all around nation to go to Washington D.C. to learn their government system, visit the montium, visit Gally University (Deaf only) , and etc..

It was alot of fun meeting many Deafies from different states, as well as Hearing people.. since they're Very instering learning sign language..
but. hate 2 of the (roommate) they're trouble makers.. oh wella.. but had alot of fun!

Mine would be all those Academic Bowl roadtrips especially the trip to Ohio for the Gallaudet regionals during my senior year. I was the only gal on the 5-member team and those guys were sooooo wild and crazy - the roadtrips were always a laughstock.

Am too proud to share the picture since the memories exist there......

Taken April 2001 in Ohio.....

Attachments

• acbwlohio.gif
    acbwlohio.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Oooo you were in Deaf Academic Bowl!? :grouphug: Oh you were in a different region :( But nevertheless I would like to talk to you to get some DAB experiences ;) I always want to meet all other DABers!

BACK TO THE TOPIC: favorite field trips? I took SO many that I cannot pick a favorite. DAB field trips were few (to Washington, Colorado, Fremont and Los Angeles)... I went on a trip simliar to what DeafScuba called- a Close-up, but it was originally for hearing students... so my two deaf friends and I were mainstreamed with them. We went to all over the northeastern states- Boston, Rhode Island, Plymouth, Connt., Pennsylvani, etc etc. We spend most of our times in NYC and DC. Hmm... also if you are in mainstreamed school in california, you would know what I am tlaking about- Deaf Field Day? We would go to some park in south of Balboa Park and just hang out with all other deaf programs all over in San Diego Country... some from Orange country also i think? it was only for the elementaries I THINK. I am not so sure... but many people I met today rememebered me from Deaf Field Day :-X so it was cool.
My field trips were mostly NETWORKS to other deaf people! hehehe

Let me tell you one of my experince when I was at St. Louis Park. In 1999 We went to Deaf legislative day at MN State Capitol (really beatiful place).. I was upstairs by House of Representatives chamber, that day Gov. Jesse Ventura had his first State of the State address. I was chatting with a friend of mine, somehow my friend who was state rep. that time (now he is state senator) came up to me, ask me if I want to go in there? I said yeah!!!! he went and got a pass, and I went on House Floor to watch speech when 2 deaf people who was invited had to sit in gallery. Later after the speech, I got out, and Kathy Slettbeaugh (spelling? but I called her Slug lady cuz her last name sounds like Slug) yelled at me told me where I was and I told I was in the speech. Teachers and students spent whole hour looking for me, they never think of House Chamber, they tought that I may run off...That why St. Louis park teachers are dumb... My sister knew where I was but cops wouldn't let her get in.. I do still think it is sooo funny...

racheleggert said:
Let me tell you one of my experince when I was at St. Louis Park. In 1999 We went to Deaf legislative day at MN State Capitol (really beatiful place).. I was upstairs by House of Representatives chamber, that day Gov. Jesse Ventura had his first State of the State address. I was chatting with a friend of mine, somehow my friend who was state rep. that time (now he is state senator) came up to me, ask me if I want to go in there? I said yeah!!!! he went and got a pass, and I went on House Floor to watch speech when 2 deaf people who was invited had to sit in gallery. Later after the speech, I got out, and Kathy Slettbeaugh (spelling? but I called her Slug lady cuz her last name sounds like Slug) yelled at me told me where I was and I told I was in the speech. Teachers and students spent whole hour looking for me, they never think of House Chamber, they tought that I may run off...That why St. Louis park teachers are dumb... My sister knew where I was but cops wouldn't let her get in.. I do still think it is sooo funny...
U sure are Luckiest One to get a chance to go in the House Chamber.. Nobody barley get that chance I never did... *Sad* heh!

Back