Feeling vibrations in left side of cochlear implant??

it's really not at all that similar... she is having a CI problem, nothing like the light problem on your hearing aid. 2 very different things.

Think she was saying, once HA is on, the light returns to normal like when the op puts her CI on, the vibrations stop after a while!

stil doesn't compare. feeling vibrations inside from the implant is nothing like the light on the hearing aid. 2 completely different things.

stil doesn't compare. feeling vibrations inside from the implant is nothing like the light on the hearing aid. 2 completely different things.

But not if you look at in it a different point of view.

Hi guys,

Sorry i have not updated this thread. I have been EXTREMELY busy with school and i had finals this week but yesterday was my last day of school.. So here we go with this update:

A few weeks ago, I got an MRI scan to see if my implant has moved. Luckily, it has not. but i was still experiencing the symptoms with my internal implant. So then my surgeon wanted to get a CI representative to my next CI appointment with my audiologist to see what she thinks may have happpened or what the problem is with my implant..

So, on April 2nd I went to see my CI audiologist, and the CI representative was there as well. The appointment went on for 3 hours. she had her laptop, put down all the details, etc. And we did a whole bunch of testings with my electrodes, my coil, etc. Also, she hooked me up to her vintage-looking machine called the PEMDAS? a electrical test i guess. But anyways she put stickers on my forehead, and 2 on behind my ears where the cochlea is located. And noticed on my left side implant that the electrodes are going off at the same time, which isn't suppose to happen. And we came to the conclusion that when I was a senior in high school, in band of fall '11, I got hit by a locker door on my implant site and it gave me a whole lot of bruising and I couldn't even touch my implant and put my processor on. So we think that is what the problem is, They think that the more I accidentally hit my head the more the implant hard plastic will crack and allow fluid to come in.

So therefore,
I need surgery to replace the implant. I'm not sure when I will have my surgery. But i know it's sometimes this summer. I don't want to keep the broken implant in my head so we're getting it out ASAP. I'm nervous about it!!

Good luck with everything. Glad you've finally got an answer.

glad they were able to help you figure out what was going on. Sucks you have to go through surgery again, but at least it'll be replaced.

Back