Feeling sad and hurt...

JillyBean.MI

Reaction score
Recently, my friend had been released from prison. He vows to stay clean from using drugs and stay on the right path. I'm happy for him that he's doing well so far. Now he trying to rekindle his relationship with his ex-gf who is an alcoholic. At the time they were together, his drug use spiraled out of control that led him to stealing thousands of dollars from his ex and cheating on her.

The ex-gf is a family friend of mine. Almost as soon he was released, she left her husband to get back together with him and now trying to work things out. He has only been out for several weeks. I'm happy for them. And great if they do. Although, the ex-gf doesn't want much to with me anymore. Not since they broke up the first time 5yrs. ago. I know I've made some mistakes in our friendship and still won't forgive me but will take her ex back. She's desperate to have a man in her life. Apparently, I need to be a guy for her to forgive me. That what is making me feel sad and hurt.

Sad but I guess it's time to move on.

I understand on your disappointment on wanting to be forgiven by her. Everybody make mistakes. Sometime we learned to correct the mistakes and not to do that again or we can make mistakes by repeating again and again. It look like your friend (girl) has not changed and still an alcoholic. Being alcoholic is way out of control for her and she does not know the difference between right or wrong. I just hope your friend who is released from jail would not make any more mistakes with her. He should stay away from her in order to be clean and not get himself in trouble again. But now they are back together again. Maybe someday she will forgive you, maybe not.

Like Reba said, you need to move on and not worry about them. Life is funny when people don't understand about going straight and staying sober.

Don't take it personally. I know it's hard NOT to, as you have a long friendship history..... but I think a lot of it may be due to mental health issues... I mean she's going back to someone who isn't exactly mentally healthy? And who stole stuff from her? That's a huge red flag......Agree with Reba.... time to move on.

Also, view it this way......my friend told me something with my last big breakup " She's missing out on you. Not the other way around."
Look at it that way!

My dear nothing you can do just be there when time comes and I afraid it will if this girl pulls him down..You never know he may pull her up

My dear nothing you can do just be there when time comes and I afraid it will if this girl pulls him down..You never know he may pull her up

Doubt if he will pull her up. She comes from a family of alcoholics and it's extremely unlikely she will cut her drinking anytime soon. It's her way of coping with life. My hunch one reason he wants to get back with her so he can have a place to live. Currently, he's living with his mom

You should be very happy the ex g/f want nothing to do with you ,
she is doing a great favor . I would be feeling more concerned than anything and think of looking for some new friends .

if I was you I would never will take her back if he end up going back into prison.. really it's better that u are doing much better without her in your life.. u are doing great u will make new friends that doesn't have mental problems like I did have one friend but I'm no longer friends with her since h.s I'm doing good :)

I can't believe the ex girlfriend or wife would want this person back in their life. What about moving on and not looking in rear view mirror?

Back